2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is getting so broadly absurd I'm increasingly convinced it's just an elaborate rib on the AFL's part and there's just going to be a press conference announcing the return of the Ansett Cup.

Another way to put that; AFL allow teams to put a big "hit me" target on one of their players for the last 5 minutes of a game.

Wait for the one hand one bounce rule for marks :)

This is getting so broadly absurd I'm increasingly convinced it's just an elaborate rib on the AFL's part and there's just going to be a press conference announcing the return of the Ansett Cup.

Lol that reads like one of those joke posts on here taking the piss out of the concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All us NFL fans seem very excited about Superbowl Llll, or not judging from the lack of comments so far.

In a season that has seen some free wheeling scoring sprees it ended up being a real defensive slugfest. Rams offence didn't look like getting the job done and the only thing that kept it interesting was that NE didn't put them away. One lucky TD by the Rams could have won it until half way through the last quarter but there was a feeling of inevitability about the result the longer that didn't happen.

All us NFL fans seem very excited about Superbowl Llll, or not judging from the lack of comments so far.

In a season that has seen some free wheeling scoring sprees it ended up being a real defensive slugfest. Rams offence didn't look like getting the job done and the only thing that kept it interesting was that NE didn't put them away. One lucky TD by the Rams could have won it until half way through the last quarter but there was a feeling of inevitability about the result the longer that didn't happen.

I'm not talking about it because as I wanted neither team to win, I didn't watch it nor care who won. Although a part of me is pleased the Rams lost.

The whole game was one big play away from flipping either way but the patriots went deep for no score at least three times to the rams one interception.

Barring some miracle Kearse type catch like in SB51 (oops, I mean 49), that interception Goff gave up was never going to score. He was hammerd at the line and Gilmore had it totally covered. The Rams had one clear chance to score a TD, and that was on a somewhat blown zone coverage play where JMcCorty bailed out his brother with one of the more impressive defensive plays I've seen in a SB. That was it.

Thanks goodness they don't play 'best of' series like they do in the other big sports in America because they could have played 8 more quarters and I'm still not sure the Rams would have scored a TD.

Last edited:
Barring some miracle Kearse type catch like in SB51, that interception Goff gave up was never going to score. He was hammerd at the line and Gilmore had it totally covered. The Rams had one clear chance to score a TD, and that was on a somewhat blown zone coverage play where JMcCorty bailed out his brother with one of the more impressive defensive plays I've seen in a SB. That was it.

Thanks goodness they don't play 'best of' series like they do in the other big sports in America because they could have played 8 more quarters and I'm still not sure the Rams would have scored a TD.
I thought they had a chance at a catch up field but it would have been a massive play by the receiver holding on after being smashed by the elevator doors closing on him, that resulted in the spillage.

I thought the longer the game went on the more the patriots pulled away. You're right, Goff looked totally shot. He might have been carrying something after trying that quaterback rush and getting hit before he crossed the line.

I thought they had a chance at a catch up field but it would have been a massive play by the receiver holding on after being smashed by the elevator doors closing on him, that resulted in the spillage.

I thought the longer the game went on the more the patriots pulled away. You're right, Goff looked totally shot. He might have been carrying something after trying that quaterback rush and getting hit before he crossed the line.

Yeah, you might be right. There was another play where Goff did what lots of QBs do when they're feeling the pressure (physical and mental) and stop looking at all their options. He had an fairly open Reynolds (maybe Woods can't remember) cutting through the middle but he didn't take his eyes off a fully covered Cooks doing his usual outside the numbers run up the field. Ended up being easily broken up. Goff makes a better decision there, and they're probably taking a snap 10 yards out. That's when you'd think even a half-arsed Gurley as he was could have punched it in.

There was a period after Chung went down inj. up to sometime early in the 4th quarter where the Pats were most vulnerable - Hightower was off for a few snaps too. Rams started getting a few yards and it was their only bit of sunshine. The didn't make hay, and then Patriots finally put their offensive into high gear and that was that.

Last edited:
Rams without Kupp were half a team, then when Gurley wasn't 100% it's crazy they made it as far as they did

A friend described the Pats as "West Coast if the AFL openly allowed them to systematically cheat, as opposed to doing it in secret."

I don't know enough about the NFL to say whether he's on the money, but I certainly understand the sentiment a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back