Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's been tried, it's worked a couple of times and really failed a couple of times more recently. It's kind of in the party trick basket, not the sort of thing we want in a Prelim I don't think.
Whatever the lineup will be, I suspect they will name a side, and possibly do a late change or they will make the match-ups different at first bounce.
In other words, they will make it unpredictable.
Unpredictability can win.

There are way to many possibilities. I think the general feel is that is Rohan isn't fit then Hendo will come in and Taylor will go forward. Scotty favors a taller defense which I think is going to expose us a touch against the Tigers.

If he is fit, I would much prefer Rohan who can at least put serious heat on Richmond when they move the ball around and counter. If he doesn't get us then Constable to come in and play a smaller forward line for the pressure.

Do you reckon they would say to a player in our current lineup - your role is to take out Player X, do whatever it takes, even if it's suspension...

?!?!?

Keep Stewart more free to rebound... We need as much rebound and overlap as possible given Duncan and Clark out.

See my previous post. He can run off Dusty all night. Dusty won't chase. The bloke has had half as many tackles as a 35yo with bung shoulders, despite Dusty spending more time than Gaz in the middle of the ground.

To beat Richmond, we must:

Win contested possession. Martin normally gets all the accolades but Dion Prestia has been flying under the radar this year. He is a contested bull and generates most of their clearances. We must stop their outside runners/wingers in Ellis, Lambert, Bolton & Edwards. No easy marks/possesions please. We must man up (remember how Sidebottom & Philips were able to run around the G at will)?

When the ball comes flying inside our defensive 50, back our tall defenders to spoil the ball from Lynch & Riewoldt. Small defenders like Bews & O'Connor to wear Rioli & Castagna like a glove once it hits the ground, Stewart to mop up the mess and find a leading target at HB.

Houli, Vlastuin, Grimes, Astbury, Broad, Short. This is were Richmond generate most of their scoring from. Our forwards must collectively apply pressure on these guys to cause panic and turnover.

Do you reckon they would say to a player in our current lineup - your role is to take out Player X, do whatever it takes, even if it's suspension...

?!?!?
Would any coach say that to any player and does it actually work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really worried O'Connor will s**t the bed this game, he was woeful against the pies under pressure and the tigers might cause turnover after turnover.
O'Connor's fine and we had worse players against the Pies, plus 7 others with equal to or more turnovers

Really worried O'Connor will s**t the bed this game, he was woeful against the pies under pressure and the tigers might cause turnover after turnover.
I'm hoping our senior players don't s**t the bed, which they have done a few times in the back half of the season.

In some ways the 'safest' option. Taylor goes forward. At very least he has experience in that role. Henderson takes Talyor's spot down back. I thought Henderson game against Brisbane was very good. Hopefully he can replicate that.

Sanity prevails. Said this on Sunday, and I am very happy that the coaches think the same. No rain either now...dare I dream of a win...

?!?!?

Not ‘take out’ but crash packs and cause ‘accidental’ carnage definitely

We are match hardened!
Tigers are already thinking GF & self preservation will also pop into their heads.

He is not dumb..where is the tactical advantage for saying this.? Whooooo geelong they say we are not as good as last year .. and we lost last year ...whooooo Im getting scared we will miss again ....

Im not sure why he said it and i personally would have kept those thoughts out of the media all im saying is hes not wrong..Richmond are nowhere near as good as they were last year. Whether weare good enough we will find out in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back