List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's for the benefit of all the other blokes on the list?

No that wasn’t the intent. I don’t believe it would have such benefit to many (hopefully any) on the current list in a direct sense.

I’d like to go to the draft and any potential delisted players or mature players can compete for a spot on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh, what a novel approach. Have you written to the club to alert them of this brilliant strategy?

I mean, it begs the question, why haven't the people running the club taken on the objective to "improve"?
Is "invest heavy in the draft" a euphemism for deliberately "bottoming out"? Because if it is, and we do bottom out, we won't be playing 11 home games in Melbourne any time soon.
Or we can keep doing what we've been doing for the last 20 years.

If you average out the ladder positions we've finished in since our last premiership....we've been a middle team. It's a no mans land, dead position to be finishing in this competition.

If you're finishing at the pointing end - you're competing for the flag
If you're finishing at the bottom end - you're getting the draft picks needed to restart

If you finish in the middle - you're not competing for the flag and you're not getting the draft picks needed to restart.

and that's been us for 20 years. Whilst whoring our selves from state to state.

If this was the Monopoly Board...we've been in Jail the whole time.

The club tried getting the competitions best and up'n'coming talent and they all said no thanks. Those players/managers used our club as a trough to get better deals at their current club.

So....we can keep doing what we do.....next thing you know it'll be 30 years since our last premiership and we'll be the next Richmond.

Or we can do something we haven't done and go balls deep investing in the draft.

You guys can keep carrying on about Howard & Papley.......like they'll make any ****ing difference.

No that wasn’t the intent. I don’t believe it would have such benefit to many (hopefully any) on the current list in a direct sense.

I’d like to go to the draft and any potential delisted players or mature players can compete for a spot on the list.

Everybody competes for a spot on the list.

Players, tradees and draftees.

Large staff turnover is fine so long as you put replacements in ASAP

We got new coaches in quick but somehow left the most important job of list manager vacant

The accumulated oversight cannot work out what are required types of players?

Seriously?

You carry on as if the position requires Albert Einstein.

Guess what, the strategists TELL the list manager what they need.

The accumulated oversight cannot work out what are required types of players?

Seriously?

You carry on as if the position requires Albert Einstein.

Guess what, the strategists TELL the list manager what they need.
So then may as well not employ a list manager then.....

Let the so called strategists work out the TPP and negotiate with player agents throughout the year and during this period

Every club just randomly appoints them for no reason then?

If you average out the ladder positions we've finished in since our last premiership....we've been a middle team. It's a no mans land, dead position to be finishing in this competition.

If you're finishing at the bottom end - you're getting the draft picks needed to restart

If you finish in the middle - you're not competing for the flag and you're not getting the draft picks needed to restart.

The club tried getting the competitions best and up'n'coming talent and they all said no thanks. Those players/managers used our club as a trough to get better deals at their current club.

So....we can keep doing what we do.....next thing you know it'll be 30 years since our last premiership and we'll be the next Richmond.

Or we can do something we haven't done and go balls deep investing in the draft.

You guys can keep carrying on about Howard & Papley.......like they'll make any ****ing difference.

So the answer to my legitimate question - Is going "balls deep in the draft" the same as "Bottoming out" - is......

And the second part was also legit, how do we get 11 home games in Melbourne when we're in a phase of "bottoming out"?

Josh Rotham should be one we target, good size, athletic and he’s down the pecking order at WC due to their depth of key talls.
Good call.

Not KPD size, but I heard a rumour floating around Francis Watson maybe being on the move, but I think it was just a rumour floating around BF.

LOL.

And ... feel free to bump just one post where I carried on about Papley or Howard.

Let the so called strategists work out the TPP and negotiate with player agents throughout the year and during this period

people skills.gif

So the answer to my legitimate question - Is going "balls deep in the draft" the same as "Bottoming out" - is......

And the second part was also legit, how do we get 11 home games in Melbourne when we're in a phase of "bottoming out"?
You can call it bottoming out if ya like. We need those picks and to trade later picks with clubs that need to bid on f/s & academy draftees.

As for 11 home games in Melbourne.....I don’t know how. I do know that the club from the outside looking in would look more legitimate as an organisation. I know Melbourne based supporters/members would appreciate it and you’d see it with the members wing at Marvel looking full for a change.

I have no doubt our presence in tassie has played a small role in players not wanting to come to our club. ‘I’m used to only traveling 2-3 times a year and now I’ve gotta do it 8-9 times at this club.....nah I’m good’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think all the scouts materials and all the player portfolios acquired by the previous RECENTLY RETIRED list manager, WHICH IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE NMFC, has all of a sudden gone in the shredder, leaving us rudderless about what is out there?

For someone that is so obsessed with this stuff, you might want to get half an idea about how it actually works.

FFS!

This list manager thing is a NON EVENT right now.

Bulldogs reckon Keath is only worth 45. I reckon he's worth a bit more than that. Should we be having a nibble? Good mature aged defender who could really help us down back..

I disagree with the view we are intentionally keeping low key this trade period.

My view is we are hamstrung by staff turnover at the moment and we don't actually have a list management strategy in place.

It's disappointing. Not even sure who will be calling the shots on draft day at this stage.

I didn't expect to have a super busy trade period, it is not that I think we don't have anyone doing any work, trade isn't a free hit like free agency, the players talked about are probably not better prospects than the talent in the draft around what people are asking for compensation. Do you want a fresh kid from the draft pool you can work with or a banned drug cheat, a drug addict or someone who's development has been trashed worse than what we do our own players.

I think Shaw needs a full pre-season and a full year to see who is capable of sustaining his brand of footy, I would expect to see him prepared to make harder calls next year with a lot more players, I think for a lot of players on our list 2020 will be career defining.

Bulldogs reckon Keath is only worth 45. I reckon he's worth a bit more than that. Should we be having a nibble? Good mature aged defender who could really help us down back..

Would cost a bit on the salary front and cost us a second rounder and he is a bit older. In saying all that, would be good 5 years of quality footy for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back