Live Event 2019 Trade Radio Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure that most of these fools do very little research, the standard of journalism in the afl compared to other elite competitions on the planet is atrocious and laughable.

I follow the EPL reasonably closely and the majority of their pundits are professional and actually know what they are talking about.

I'm sure that most of these fools do very little research, the standard of journalism in the afl compared to other elite competitions on the planet is atrocious and laughable.

I follow the EPL reasonably closely and the majority of their pundits are professional and actually know what they are talking about.

NBA is the same. Adrian Wojarnowski literally tweets each draft pick before they are called out on tv, that's how clued in he is. In general, they don't report anything as news unless it is 100%.

Nothing much happens in the AFL though, so you have to invent content.

Tom Browne the other night on the 7 trade show is talking about the offers for Jamie Elliot.

They flash up a graphic of Collingwood -2 years at 475k. Brisbane - 3 years at 550k.

so he goes 'he is probably on around the 450 mark at Collingwood, and has received a 2 year offer for them. Any offer from Brisbane would need to be 3 years to get him out of collingwood, probably with more money and some incentives'.

So he reports it as news what the two offers are, but he is just making it all up. He has no idea what offers have been made, outside of maybe some generic quote from the management - and then just speculates and invents the rest to present it as if he is getting inside mail.

Tom Browne the other night on the 7 trade show is talking about the offers for Jamie Elliot.

They flash up a graphic of Collingwood -2 years at 475k. Brisbane - 3 years at 550k.

so he goes 'he is probably on around the 450 mark at Collingwood, and has received a 2 year offer for them. Any offer from Brisbane would need to be 3 years to get him out of collingwood, probably with more money and some incentives'.

So he reports it as news what the two offers are, but he is just making it all up. He has no idea what offers have been made, outside of maybe some generic quote from the management - and then just speculates and invents the rest to present it as if he is getting inside mail.
At least he got his name right...that appears to be half the battle for these potatoes

Fremantle rejected 6, 2020 Rnd 2 & Acres
They will accept 12, 32 & Acres

Hilarious from Bell. Wonder how he'll explain it. Deny deny deny by looks of it.

Will he accept 12, 32 and Acres?
He'll have to. He was schooled in negotiations yesterday. Thats still good value for hill. 1st 2nd AND a 23yo experienced afl senior player. BUT to lose 6 for 12 is embarrassing

He'll have to. He was schooled in negotiations yesterday. Thats still good value for hill. 1st 2nd AND a 23yo experienced afl senior player. BUT to lose 6 for 12 is embarrassing
He doesn't have to accept anything... They would be more than happy to keep him.

Anyway not the thread for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't have to accept anything... They would be more than happy to keep him.

Anyway not the thread for it.
Yes they do. He has moved to Melbourne on good faith deal. What you want him to do move back? LOL. He and Colin Young would destroy Freo.

Well yeah... He is contracted...
Exactly. Freo can hold him to the contract if they want to. They might back themselves with a new coach to actually make him and his partner enjoy WA again. Noone has been schooled in anything until a deals done, and if this one falls through, Bell will have retained a player he wanted to keep.

I tuned in today.

I heard about 5 minutes of conversation then 5 minutes of ads a few times over.

No more thanks.

Derwayne Rough quote 'I think everyone expected Lukosius to be a star of the AFL this year that didn't happen'

'If you asked everyone who they thought would have the best 2019 out of Lukosius, Rozee and those guys they would have said Lukosius that didn't happen'

Who ******* thought that? What a dead shit no one thought he was the ready made player that was going to come in and dominate. Dead set flog that has absolutely no idea what he is doing. What a fraud.
Yeah. F***wit. A KPP to be the best in his first year. How often does that happen? About once a decade I reckon.

Everyone knew Walsh was going to be dominant this year.

Last edited:
Listening to way too much trade radio when I’m recognising the callers John from Hawthorn swear he’s called in half a dozen times

I swear he’s an employee of crocmedia.

I swear they get people to phone in to fill air time. Remember last year the same Hawks fan was ringing multiple times a day under different names.

Getting constant crashes this morning on my Android app. Audio stream just disappears, have to restart it every 10 seconds or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back