VFL 2019 VFL R9 vs Port Melb (Sun 2 Jun 2pm @ Adcon Stadium, North Port Oval) - Scharenberg returns!!

Remove this Banner Ad

How come no-one is talking much about Quaynor's game?

He's had 21 possessions which includes 10 rebound 50s.

He was listed as our 3rd best so obviously he is being discussed but with Maynard, Aish and Greenwood all ahead of him and all performing there really isn't a spot for him. Happy for him to keep learning his craft at VFL level until an opening arises.

Has the VFL become a weak competition? The mid season draft heavily favoured players from the SANFL. It is a concern for young players coming through the VFL. If Blair is best on ground in the VFL what does it say about the standard?

Has the VFL become a weak competition? The mid season draft heavily favoured players from the SANFL. It is a concern for young players coming through the VFL. If Blair is best on ground in the VFL what does it say about the standard?

Blair has always been a competent VFL player, so I wouldn't go off that.

Would be interested to know if the statisticians watch replays of games and re-count the stats to see how they compare to the live stats they recorded.

That said... if there are replays... let us at 'em!
Doubt it.
At worst it would be out by one or two.

The VFL specific players are the second tier by and large.
The draft tends to focus on the junior talent coming through.

Well it's barely a competition anymore, moreso just a place for AFL clubs to develop their youth with a handful of standalone clubs.

Rupert Wills
Headed back to the VFL team on the weekend after three games in the AFL side. Applied plenty of pressure and won a decent share of the ball against Port Melbourne, finishing with 18 disposals and nine tackles.

(From the CFC website)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I noticed quaynor all that much. Someone even asked if he was playing. He may have had 21 possessions, but he didn't made himself stand out.
Definitely one of his quieter games. Had a shocker of a kick out that lead to a goal. All apart of the learning program. Honestly, happy to have him play the whole year in the VFL.

You're a fan aren't you ? :)
Collingwood fan? Oui
Do have a soft spot for The Rupe though. Stems back to his first game when he laid the most tackles on record for a debut match. Loved his ability to stand up in a tackle and get a handball away too. Desperately unlucky with injuries unfortunately so I can only imagine what he feels like seeing others go past him in the meantime. Some players you just want to see get a fair run at it - he's one at the moment. Rusling was another back when.

Collingwood fan? Oui
Do have a soft spot for The Rupe though. Stems back to his first game when he laid the most tackles on record for a debut match. Loved his ability to stand up in a tackle and get a handball away too. Desperately unlucky with injuries unfortunately so I can only imagine what he feels like seeing others go past him in the meantime. Some players you just want to see get a fair run at it - he's one at the moment. Rusling was another back when.

I hear you, I’m of a similar view... always have a soft spot for a dedicated battler..

Rupert Wills
Headed back to the VFL team on the weekend after three games in the AFL side. Applied plenty of pressure and won a decent share of the ball against Port Melbourne, finishing with 18 disposals and nine tackles.

(From the CFC website)

I know you rate him but 18 disposals wasn’t good enough for him.......especially with his time on ground.

With Beams going down he has some light at the end of the tunnel......it’s now or never for him IMO.

I know you rate him but 18 disposals wasn’t good enough for him.......especially with his time on ground.

With Beams going down he has some light at the end of the tunnel......it’s now or never for him IMO.
It's not that I "rate" him, but I do think he has some good attributes and given the opportunity he may develop the parts of his game that are lacking. I will defend him against people who have written him off after a sum total of 9 games though. I've only quoted the CFC blurb because nobody on here seems to have actually watched the game or been able to comment on his performance.

It's not that I "rate" him, but I do think he has some good attributes and given the opportunity he may develop the parts of his game that are lacking. I will defend him against people who have written him off after a sum total of 9 games though. I've only quoted the CFC blurb because nobody on here seems to have actually watched the game or been able to comment on his performance.

I think I made it clear I was at the game.

Both Soups and CFC2010 answered your query about him and both were there to watch first hand.

At least CFC2010 gave me something but ……….

do you really rate this as "query answered"??

I obviously gave you something you didn’t like.

What Soups said was 100% factual by the way.

I like Wills to be honest but he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat this year......Beams going down has given him a “glimmer” of hope.

I obviously gave you something you didn’t like.

What Soups said was 100% factual by the way.

I like Wills to be honest but he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat this year......Beams going down has given him a “glimmer” of hope.

You told me had plenty of tackles - love that, but that's something I can get from the stats.
"had little influence" ? - I was hoping for some details about his game, you know, effort, disposal, positioning, good play, bad play, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back