NCAA 2020/21 - NCAA Bowl Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Darnold mk 2 I reckon.

Needs weapons and a solid OL line to protect him which he has at Bama. I doubt he gets this at NFL level with the team that takes him as he is pure pocket passer with little to no mobility which will hurt him in the pros.

Think he's a bit more reliable than Darnold who was pretty eractic and prone to brain farts even in his college days.

He reminds of Tom Brady honestly. But how he performs under nfl pressure is an entirely different pressure to what he's faced in college.

Sam Bradford is probably another good comparison.

Looking at the recent QBs that have made it recently they can all use their legs to get them out of trouble. Allen / Mahomes / Mayfield / Jackson etc have that mobility factor where Jones does not. Mac Jones will need to be drafted to a team with a half decent OL and I wish him luck but don’t see it happening.

Mac Jones is a far better decision maker now than Darnold will ever be
With the OL he has it easy to say that right now. Darnold never had this protection and weapons at LSU that Jones currently has. Not to mention a defense that rarely has him under pressure.

Mac Jones deep ball accuracy is pretty good all the same. You still have to make those throws and he rarely misses them.

I'm not sure if he'll be will be a star but Im not convinced he'll be a bust either.

Can see him going in the 10-20 range.

Gee I reckon I could toss it to D Smith on a screen pass for 5yds in the air under no pressure and let Smith take it for 59yds after the catch is made saying look I just had a 60yd pass! 🤣🤣😉

This is Mac Jones right now and what he does in the pros is anyone’s guess.

Gee I reckon I could toss it to D Smith on a screen pass for 5yds in the air under no pressure and let Smith take it for 59yds after the catch is made saying look I just had a 60yd pass! 🤣🤣😉

This is Mac Jones right now and what he does in the pros is anyone’s guess.

I don't know what's gone on in this game. But I've seen him hit Smith deep plenty of times this year.

Mac Jones deep ball accuracy is pretty good all the same. You still have to make those throws and he rarely misses them.

I'm not sure if he'll be will be a star but Im not convinced he'll be a bust either.

Can see him going in the 10-20 range.
Smith always gets open though and this is the problem!

It will be interesting to see how he goes in the pros but I have my doubts on him.

It will be interesting to see how he goes in the pros but I have my doubts on him.

Like I said , you still have to make the throws, Jones hits him in stride more often than not.

Like I said , you still have to make the throws, Jones hits him in stride more often than not.
I think Fields will have the better pro career IMO and both are going to be drafted.

This game alone is not really indicative of the talent Fields has.

If the Panthers traded back to say 15 and took Jones I wouldn't be upset. Could go to s**t, but he's far better than the likes of Trask and I really have no idea about Lance. If you want to dock qbs having it easy he gets docked even more than Jones does given the competition.

I think Fields will have the better pro career IMO and both are going to be drafted.

This game alone is not really indicative of the talent Fields has.

Im not saying he'll be better than Fields. He will go top 5 still and well ahead of Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno if this is smooth brain kind of analysis but I do always wonder about QBs from the really really good schools like Bama when they're throwing to 3 blokes who will probably be top ten receivers in the league in the next few years.

I dunno if this is smooth brain kind of analysis but I do always wonder about QBs from the really really good schools like Bama when they're throwing to 3 blokes who will probably be top ten receivers in the league in the next few years.
Not to mention they are protected by arguably the best OL in the NCAA.

Not to mention they are protected by arguably the best OL in the NCAA.

Yeah, it was the same with my thoughts on Burrow too. Especially how he was a pretty average QB then all of a sudden the whole program matured and they won the Natty easily. Was odd.

Yeah, it was the same with my thoughts on Burrow too. Especially how he was a pretty average QB then all of a sudden the whole program matured and they won the Natty easily. Was odd.

Burrow played really well tho, especially those 3 or so weeks before the knee injury.

Shame that we won’t get a decent game and the NCAA is like the F1 version of sport. Same teams every season dominating and it is quite boring sadly.
but, but, but. Change makes everything meaningless.......... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back