List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have been very happy if we'd taken Pickett with pick 8 personally.
I've stated before that I think for us to invest in Pickett would have been smart from a FS angle......It's not the worst result that Kosi ended up in Melbourne for us though either BTW. But pick 8 for him would have been super high

I would agree with that. On the right track after years of getting it wrong. But you've been consistently getting top 10 picks over a long period and that's not a luxury that we've had.
Yeah eventually we were bound to get the right people into the club to turn things around

getting a couple of top 10 picks and nailing them is so ******* important. Hell even Clarko is starting to realize that

To me it looks like North have a lot of AFL standard players but none of that really elite end talent (under 30's years of age). Its not always the case but having a few top draft picks is where a lot of that talent comes from

Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Weideman, Jackson & Salem are our only top 10 picks since 2013

2 stars, 2 solid 200+ game players and a young ruckman who has showed good signs early

I would say that reads pretty great

Six top ten picks in eight years. How do you guys manage that?

I've stated before that I think for us to invest in Pickett would have been smart from a FS angle......It's not the worst result that Kosi ended up in Melbourne for us though either BTW. But pick 8 for him would have been super high
I did and still think he'll be a gun and I think I agreed at the time about the strategic value too. So in that sense it would have been a ballsy move to draft him. By the same token I was very happy with the trade itself and still am. I think Melbourne can thank this thread for their good form. Without it they would be same as ever... :p

They could thank Petracca too. He looks like he pulled his finger out and decided to have a go. Might be the difference between us getting two top six picks and only one.

Have had it in my waters the last 48 hours that the D's win the flag!

I am booked in for a smoke cleansing in 2 days!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll know who they are this weekend no doubt. They've wiped all of the pressure off themselves with wins against the two worst clubs in the league and a brutalised Magpies side. Early chance for match of the round IMO because I suspect only one of the Demons and Dogs are playing finals (can't write off GWS and Collingwood yet).

Crikey Snake, you're like a bear with a sore head this morning.

Healthy cynicism mate.

Surely you can see elements of truth in my comments?

It's all just one big distracted soap opera, designed to sell advertising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Weideman, Jackson & Salem are our only top 10 picks since 2013

2 stars, 2 solid 200+ game players and a young ruckman who has showed good signs early

I would say that reads pretty great

With 4 of them being taken inside the top 4.

You also conveniently stopped at 2013, in 2012:

Toumpas at Pick 4.

Traded Pick 3 for Jesse Hogan.

Get Jack Viney at #26 before they change the bidding rules who was considered close to a top 5 selection.

In essence you've had 6 x top 4 picks in 8 years, with 2 more top 10 picks in that time.

That's also not factoring in trading #10 + a future first for Lever as well as #6 for May after you got rid of Hogan.

Really, have no idea how you guys have managed with those sorts of picks pmsl......

Factually incorrect article.

Pick 8 was not bumped to pick 12 after F/S and acadamy picks. It was traded to Freo for pick 10, 28 and Carltons 2020 4th pick.

And the only diluting of our deal was involving the pick 50, which we weren't going to use anyway as we only had 3 spots to fill. After swapping picks including the pick 50 Melbourne gave us with Hawthorn we took Jack Mahoney.

If anything our deal was strengthened after we split pick 26 into Flynn Perez and Essendon's 2020 2nd pick.

Last edited:
With 4 of them being taken inside the top 4.

You also conveniently stopped at 2013, in 2012:

Toumpas at Pick 4.

Traded Pick 3 for Jesse Hogan.

Get Jack Viney at #26 before they change the bidding rules who was considered close to a top 5 selection.

In essence you've had 6 x top 4 picks in 8 years, with 2 more top 10 picks in that time.

That's also not factoring in trading #10 + a future first for Lever as well as #6 for May after you got rid of Hogan.

Really, have no idea how you guys have managed with those sorts of picks pmsl......
I stopped at 2013 because earlier in the comments chain it was admitted to that our drafting and development between 2007-2012 was horrendous. although now you mention it, getting Viney and Hogan makes that draft look a bit better

Laugh as much as you want, doesn't bother me. I'll hopefully enjoy the next 5 weeks of football watching my team try to play finals. You can enjoy watching your team finish bottom 4 and keep on trying to death ride us!

Last edited:
I stopped at 2013 because earlier in the comments chain it was admitted to that our drafting and development between 2007-2012 was horrendous. although no you mention it, getting Viney and Hogan makes that draft look a bit better

Laugh as much as you want, doesn't bother me. I'll hopefully enjoy the next 5 weeks of football watching my team try to play finals. You can enjoy watching your team finish bottom 4 and keep on trying to death ride us!

I'm not laughing it all.

But don't come on an oppositions board preaching that your club has somehow turned water into wine over the last 8 years with close to the best draft hand in the comp outside of the expansion teams.

You have been an stain on the comp for the last decade, even last year going into the season as close to flag favourites.

The fact that the only year your club and administration has actually shown some bottle is the same year that you don't have a 1st round pick to tank for is an even bigger indictment on Melbourne as a club.

Rest assured, if you still had your 1st round pick, the cue would of been in the rack 4 weeks ago for another cushy top 4 pick.

I'm not laughing it all.

But don't come on an oppositions board preaching that your club has somehow turned water into wine over the last 8 years with close to the best draft hand in the comp outside of the expansion teams.

You have been an stain on the comp for the last decade, even last year going into the season as close to flag favourites.

The fact that the only year your club and administration has actually shown some bottle is the same year that you don't have a 1st round pick to tank for is an even bigger indictment on Melbourne as a club.

Rest assured, if you still had your 1st round pick, the cue would of been in the rack 4 weeks ago for another cushy top 4 pick.
I guess when club boards start having death riding threads on opposition teams you are going to get some of those supporters come in and comment. And tbf if you read over the posts I was far from preaching our greatness and was pretty open to our * ups but you can take what you like from it

All good, you have a few winnable games coming up, hopefully you can snag a few wins and move up the ladder!

I guess when club boards start having death riding threads on opposition teams you are going to get some of those supporters come in and comment. And tbf if you read over the posts I was far from preaching our greatness and was pretty open to our fu** ups but you can take what you like from it

All good, you have a few winnable games coming up, hopefully you can snag a few wins and move up the ladder!

I'd rather not.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back