2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word on whether we are paying part of his salary, we better not if we accepted a fourth.

I struggle with the salary dump notion if we are paying Atkins $400 and Pete was $500 ( as reported) the logic is questionable. I can only assume they know he isn’t going to make it as a key forward

Any word on whether we are paying part of his salary, we better not if we accepted a fourth.

I struggle with the salary dump notion if we are paying Atkins $400 and Pete was $500 ( as reported) the logic is questionable. I can only assume they know he isn’t going to make it as a key forward
500k for a key forward we clearly didn't rate. You just can't afford to be wasting that much money when we find it so hard to keep young blokes, we need all the money we can get

So long, Petey. Loved watching him play and just waited for him to start ripping games apart, but... it just never happened. Without the protection of Lynch in particular just really struggled. Hope he goes well at the Bombers, just not against us. Change of scenery may be what gets him going again.

I guess the difference is that SUNS expect Atkins to run on the wing in the best 22 every week while Sharp is developing. Wright on the other hand, SUNS put line through him due to lack of contest, pressure, effort. We already have so much talent on the list that will need to be paid. It will be a balanding act who to keep. Smaller list, smaller TPP another impact. Building salary space for next year to attract an elite talent, to re-sign gun core is another factor.

For me it will be really interesting who we draft with pick 5. If it's Phillips who is out of our best 22 to play him? Davies is also coming. Our midfield is pretty loaded unless we get injuries.

Pete seems like a good bloke. I love that he & Touk taught disadvantaged youths how to cook.

For an AFL team though, we can’t afford to pay $500K to reserves. I assume Smith & Corbett would be on lower salaries to backup the same positions. If all players were paid the same, we may have kept Pete

For a future fourth round pick? LOL. Would have been better off keeping him....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah. And apparently paying most of his salary too. Key forward depth is looking pretty thin now, and with Day's injury history and fluctuating form throughout his career (as well as turning 29 next year), you would think he would be required depth (I don't think Corbett is quite big enough to play second tall should Wright or Day go down). Also, turning 25 next year, he would just about to be entering his prime next year too.

Pete seems like a good bloke. I love that he & Touk taught disadvantaged youths how to cook.

For an AFL team though, we can’t afford to pay $500K to reserves. I assume Smith & Corbett would be on lower salaries to backup the same positions. If all players were paid the same, we may have kept Pete
I agree also free up one senior spot.
42 players , 6 to draft / prelist .

Yeah. And apparently paying most of his salary too. Key forward depth is looking pretty thin now, and with Day's injury history and fluctuating form throughout his career (as well as turning 29 next year), you would think he would be required depth (I don't think Corbett is quite big enough to play second tall should Wright or Day go down). Also, turning 25 next year, he would just about to be entering his prime next year too.
I doubt that very much. We'd be paying some, but it'd be like 20% at most.

Yes clubs will lose players along the journey that's the way of the AFL trade it happens.
But to lose Lyons ,Martin and now Wright for zilch is a case of poor management, we cannot continue to make these irrational
decisions and improve our list.
If we get something in return no problems ,to get nothing doesn't make sense.

BS we are paying most of his salary. I call that trolling. I’ll apologise if you find proof that we are paying over 50% of his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She wants to move up here now he wanted to move up post football. He wanted to stay at Collingwood but not anyone.
It's the asking price which is very high.

Eff Collingwood and there eff ups.

They not getting pick 5.. for there incompetence, can take pick 27 and bend over it take it like we did from Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back