List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Mega Thread - picks 35, 47, 57, 59, 73, 95

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the draft to grab the next Dixon, a big bulking key forward, Marshal and Georgiades are great prospects but are probably always going to be better for having a big body to play alongside. He’s 30 at the end of this season and probably not the type to have a long career. Thilthorpe?

A key defender is next but I could be talked out of that if Grundy and Pasini come on quickly at the Magpies.

After that, I agree general defenders. Parker seems good at finding these types with late picks.

With all our 2nd round picks we are very well positioned to trade up as clubs look for points to grab NGA and FS prospects.

This is the draft to grab the next Dixon, a big bulking key forward, Marshal and Georgiades are great prospects but are probably always going to be better for having a big body to play alongside. He’s 30 at the end of this season and probably not the type to have a long career. Thilthorpe?

A key defender is next but I could be talked out of that if Grundy and Pasini come on quickly at the Magpies.

After that, I agree general defenders. Parker seems good at finding these types with late picks.

With all our 2nd round picks we are very well positioned to trade up as clubs look for points to grab NGA and FS prospects.
I agree we need to find our next KPF to replace Dixon but it will be unlikely that we get Thilthorpe.

We have Taj and Jones this draft so most of our picks will be spent on them. Hopefully we will get a first in before our first bid but we are relying on Wines trade currency to achieve that because we traded our first to Brisbane.

Macca19

sanfl starting soon. Who are the kids to watch locally?

I know we will be taking an interest in taj Schofield and Lachlan Jones at wwt.

Corey durdin at centrals will possibly get games at league level. As a 173cm forward though meh.

thilthorpe as a top prospect at westies. sinderberry at westies as well isn’t he? What kind of player is he?

Zac Dumesny 186cm hbf at south Adelaide. Is he a genuine mid in the future or a half back? Does he play loose and intercept or capable of locking down physically. Looks a decent size from what I’ve seen.

kaine Baldwin as a 192cm kpp. I can’t remember where he is? reckon he has more growth in him?

thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone else we can watch out for?

I’m really keen on tall defenders or general defenders and contested midfielders.

Cooper Horsnell is one to watch. Small forward can push into the mids. Another small in 173cm.

Will Schreiber is a mid who can win his own ball. Has talent. 190cm.

Henry Smith is a 200cm Ruck from WWT who's worth looking at.

Sinderberry isn't too dissimilar to Jones. He's a medium utility, can play at either end. Good hands.

The afl prospectus has Lachlan Jones listed in the top 25 prospects with plays like 'dan houston'.

Non aligned players with 'plays like' that would complement our side include;

Kaine Baldwin key forward Jack Gunston (SA)
Jackson Callow key forward Jack Riewoldt (Tas)
Riley Thithorpe key forward Peter Wright (SA)

Jack Ginnian mid-fwd Christian Petracca (vic)
Archie Perkins mid-fwd Jack Ziebell (vic)

Tanner Bruhn mid Trent Citchin (Vic)
Oliver Davis mid Luke Shuey (Tas)
Corey Durdin mid Dayne Zorko (SA)
Nathan O'driscoll mid Elliot Yeo (WA)
Zane Trew mid Adam Trelooar (WA)

Zac Dumesny gen def Daniel Rich (SA)

Denver Grainger-Barass key def Jeremy McGovern (WA)

Cooper Horsnell is one to watch. Small forward can push into the mids. Another small in 173cm.

Will Schreiber is a mid who can win his own ball. Has talent. 190cm.

Henry Smith is a 200cm Ruck from WWT who's worth looking at.

Sinderberry isn't too dissimilar to Jones. He's a medium utility, can play at either end. Good hands.

there’s another Grivell as well at Sturt I think? Though I have no idea whether He’s any good or what position he plays. Think I saw him named as a back man last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look at all the games at Alberton. Nice.

actually now that I look at you can catch all the squads there.
1 of those is 2019 game

1 of those is 2019 game

Yes but at a guess that’s just a misprint. there is no other Sa v Vic country game listed for 2020 so my guess is it’s on the 20th June 2020 at Alberton after the Vic metro allies game.

Alberton Listed Games

14 June 2020 12pm

Sa v Wa

20 June 2020 11:00am

allies v Vic metro

22 June 2019 1:30pm (Guessing they mean 20 June 2020 1:30pm)

Sa v Vic counry

Thought this would be a good place to put a 2024 team...

Ff: Williams Georgiades Ladhams
Hf: Bergman Marshall Butters
C: Amon SPP Duursma
Hb: Burton - CHB (Grundy)- Bonner
Fb: DBJ Clurey Garner

R: Hayes, Houston, Rozee

Int: Mead, Burgoyne, Atley

So - Need another key defender next draft

Drew might be mildly upset that he has not made this team. Even more so because you have suggested that Atley will be in our best 22.

As the days tick down until the first round of football, a number of classy prospects are beginning to strut their stuff around the country.

Early discussions among recruiting circles is that this year’s draft pool is the most compromised ever, given a number of prospects on club’s draft boards are linked to their rivals.
In our first edition of Draft Watch for 2020, foxfooty.com.au and Champion Data highlight 20 draft prospects to watch in this year’s draft class.

As the days tick down until the first round of football, a number of classy prospects are beginning to strut their stuff around the country.

Early discussions among recruiting circles is that this year’s draft pool is the most compromised ever, given a number of prospects on club’s draft boards are linked to their rivals.
In our first edition of Draft Watch for 2020, foxfooty.com.au and Champion Data highlight 20 draft prospects to watch in this year’s draft class.

Brad Ebert seems like a strange comparison for Luke Edwards. Luke is a great reader of the play, intercepting half back / mid with very good vision and a neat kick.

It’s strange to see they’ve moved Lachlan Jones into their must watch list after he was invisible to them last year and is yet to put on the boots this year.

Baffled they didn’t mention Eddie ford, who looks like a gun, and Ollie Henry who is one to watch as well.

Brad Ebert seems like a strange comparison for Luke Edwards. Luke is a great reader of the play, intercepting half back / mid with very good vision and a neat kick.

It’s strange to see they’ve moved Lachlan Jones into their must watch list after he was invisible to them last year and is yet to put on the boots this year.

Baffled they didn’t mention Eddie ford, who looks like a gun, and Ollie Henry who is one to watch as well.
“Eddie Ford,” ya av’n a lahf!

CLUBS are pushing Champion Data to get access to match vision of every under-18s and state league trial game this year in a bid to analyse 2020 draft prospects in the wake of the coronavirus saga.
State leagues and talent programs were put on hold until at least May 31 by the AFL on Monday, meaning recruiters across the competition will be without games to cover on a weekly basis.

Watched the under 17 all stars game today. Whoever was in charge of selection put all the best midfielders on one team which didn’t make it a game for the ages but enjoyable nonetheless.

Hollands looked like a clear cut number one pick to me. Terrible that he did an ACL in the preseason.

Schofield - played half forward with short bursts through the midfield. Hard to know but I suspect he also played limited minutes after being injured for much of last season. Was good without standing out. Kicks tracer bullets.

Jones - huge 17 year old. REH will be happy with the size of his arse but I wonder if the sports scientists will be. Didn’t do a heap but what he did do was solid. Also looks a good kick.

Watched the under 17 all stars game today. Whoever was in charge of selection put all the best midfielders on one team which didn’t make it a game for the ages but enjoyable nonetheless.

Hollands looked like a clear cut number one pick to me. Terrible that he did an ACL in the preseason.

Schofield - played half forward with short bursts through the midfield. Hard to know but I suspect he also played limited minutes after being injured for much of last season. Was good without standing out. Kicks tracer bullets.

Jones - huge 17 year old. REH will be happy with the size of his arse but I wonder if the sports scientists will be. Didn’t do a heap but what he did do was solid. Also looks a good kick.

I went back and watched that recently.

Hollands kicked a set shot from outside 50. Any draftee that can do that in a game gets a big tick from me.

What did you think of Eddie Ford?

Campbell was a star in that game too. Swans should be forced to bid a top 5 pick but these highly rated academy kids seemingly always slide.

Watching McInnes pissed me right off. Collingwood get to add him to their academy somehow. Such bullshit. Victorian NGAs are horrific wank. They’re not adding to the draft pool but stealing from it. Anyway Collingwood will be able to swap degoey and McInnes from mid and forward line. No robbing Peter to pay Paul when you’ve got twice the money.

I went back and watched that recently.

Hollands kicked a set shot from outside 50. Any draftee that can do that in a game gets a big tick from me.

What did you think of Eddie Ford?

Campbell was a star in that game too. Swans should be forced to bid a top 5 pick but these highly rated academy kids seemingly always slide.

Watching McInnes pissed me right off. Collingwood get to add him to their academy somehow. Such bullshit. Victorian NGAs are horrific wank. They’re not adding to the draft pool but stealing from it. Anyway Collingwood will be able to swap degoey and McInnes from mid and forward line. No robbing Peter to pay Paul when you’ve got twice the money.
I was blown away by that Hollands goal. Underaged footballers shouldn’t be able to kick set shots from inside the centre square. He’s also got that Butters like ability to perfectly weigh and angle shorter passes.

Eddie Ford, i kept thinking what a shame it is that the season may not happen. If you were to pick two players to be pushing for top five picks by the end of the U18 carnival it would be him and Oliver Henry. I really need to see more, and have no idea how/if he’s played NAB league, but he clearly has tricks and is quick hand to foot in traffic which says full time midfield to me. Will be a fascinating draft if there is no more football played.

Agree on Campbell. Bloody hell. Another top pick for Sydney.

My other stray thoughts:
- Riley Thilthorpe has freakish skills for a big man. Question mark will be his athleticism.
- Ugle-Hagen the exact opposite of Thilthorpe.
- Logan McDonald and Zack Reid looked like good KPF and KPD prospects respectively. If we could get Reid with a 2nd round pick I’d be stoked.
- Borlase will hurt more on principle than in practice
- Joel Jeffrey being gifted to the Suns is a shame. Looked good on a wing, half back or half forward.
- Durdin is probably too good not to be drafted but I’d rather it wasn’t by us. Very small and not a great kick.
- Phillips is going to be a set and forget 10 yr midfielder. Would be the safe #1 pick with Hollands injured.
- O’Driscoll, as above although probably more from pick 10 onwards. Josh Carr type.
- I can never pick ruckman but I think Walsh looks a quality prospect and Smith not far behind.

I like Eddie Ford, oozes x-factor, plays tall and short, two-sided.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was blown away by that Hollands goal. Underaged footballers shouldn’t be able to kick set shots from inside the centre square. He’s also got that Butters like ability to perfectly weigh and angle shorter passes.

Eddie Ford, i kept thinking what a shame it is that the season may not happen. If you were to pick two players to be pushing for top five picks by the end of the U18 carnival it would be him and Oliver Henry. I really need to see more, and have no idea how/if he’s played NAB league, but he clearly has tricks and is quick hand to foot in traffic which says full time midfield to me. Will be a fascinating draft if there is no more football played.

Agree on Campbell. Bloody hell. Another top pick for Sydney.

My other stray thoughts:
- Riley Thilthorpe has freakish skills for a big man. Question mark will be his athleticism.
- Ugle-Hagen the exact opposite of Thilthorpe.
- Logan McDonald and Zack Reid looked like good KPF and KPD prospects respectively. If we could get Reid with a 2nd round pick I’d be stoked.
- Borlase will hurt more on principle than in practice
- Joel Jeffrey being gifted to the Suns is a shame. Looked good on a wing, half back or half forward.
- Durdin is probably too good not to be drafted but I’d rather it wasn’t by us. Very small and not a great kick.
- Phillips is going to be a set and forget 10 yr midfielder. Would be the safe #1 pick with Hollands injured.
- O’Driscoll, as above although probably more from pick 10 onwards. Josh Carr type.
- I can never pick ruckman but I think Walsh looks a quality prospect and Smith not far behind.

I’m very sad we don’t get to see Eddie ford.

Apparently thilthorpe is a running machine. I’m not worried about his athleticism.

Phillips is great, but i look at him and go do I want to pay pick 1 for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back