No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the drugs saga long ago its going to take an external body to make things happen. In this case if too many states say no to teams exiting Victoria then that might force their hand.

Just listened to the Fox Footy podcast. Dal Santo, King and muppet #3.
They discussed the possibility of Victorian teams being sent out to hubs because no one wants to or is allowed to travel to Victoria.

Basically said it couldn't happen as it would not be fair, and the AFL couldn't have a competition that way.
Then, somewhat breathtakingly, said that Simpson was "whingeing" and a sook about WCE being at the Gold Coast.

The Melbourne media sets the agenda, and broadcasts to the interests of the Victorian clubs.

And that's all Gill hears.

Just listened to the Fox Footy podcast. Dal Santo, King and muppet #3.
They discussed the possibility of Victorian teams being sent out to hubs because no one wants to or is allowed to travel to Victoria.

Basically said it couldn't happen as it would not be fair, and the AFL couldn't have a competition that way.
Then, somewhat breathtakingly, said that Simpson was "whingeing" and a sook about WCE being at the Gold Coast.

The Melbourne media sets the agenda, and broadcasts to the interests of the Victorian clubs.

And that's all Gill hears.
not sure if anyone watched.. 'The Round So Far', or, 'Access All Areas' on the AFL website. Over half an hour of 'AFL' media talking about the weekends footy and surprise surprise.. not One mention of the Swans!
Nothing on JPK's 250th and the what a legend hes been / is, and the fact that his grandfather died that day! f***ing disrespectful
Nothing on Naismiths posible / probable career ending injury f***ing disrespectful
Nothing on Paps kicking 4 - he's 2nd in the Coleman FFS f***ing pathetic

Barrett is a ****wit
Lloyd is one dumb ****
and theres no amount **** that can describe Cornes

There was also a discussion on the Fox Footy Podcast about how it has been a gazillion years since a small(ish) forward won the Coleman. Can't remember the year they said but it was Leigh Matthews.
Not one mention of Papley.
At all.

Clarko was one half of the garbage yesterday.
Why didn't he open the game up himself?
In fact when his players slacked off on his game plan late, it opened up & let North, Rhys Shaw's North, the one who should be coaching us because he is more attacking,:rolleyes: back into the game.

I think every coach is to blame for this rubbish but only a few are the ones perceived to be the culprits, with Horse being one of them.
I can't believe how unexciting the Tigers & West Coast look ATM
Exactly. Clarko is full of crap, probably has some sort of agenda to get the rules tweaked to suit his current team/gameplan.. Remember Clarkos coffee with Gil? Same deal.

Draft footy players not athletes. Have game plans with elite kicking not running. fu** off the interchange cap
I was at the last under 19 grand final with Mark McLure , he commented that this is the last of the footballers , they will now have Athletes and stuff the game.

I was at the last under 19 grand final with Mark McLure , he commented that this is the last of the footballers , they will now have Athletes and stuff the game.

Which is dumb.

Hopefully focus on drafting pure footballers in first few rounds as they are the players that win you premierships

This year I’ll exclude so last year the 5th highest scoring side west coast averaged 86.45 a game

In 1993 Richmond the lowest scoring side by a fair way average 87.65

Even the best sides are defensive sh*te

Hmm. That was the year Buckenera coached? Only one win, yet scored 80+ all but five times. Last year we scored over 80 only seven times.

Round 19 loss to Essendon at the MCG by only 20 points yet out scored them 31 scoring shots to 27. They clearly went on to win the Premiership that year while we got the spoon. Six players who played in the 96 grand final? Kelly, Creswell, Lewis, Dunkley, Bayes, Stafford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the era of football you guys are lamenting the loss of was more free-flowing and entertaining than the way the game is played now, you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

It wasn't smart, though. It was really dumb. Minimal accountability. Near total absence of defensive pressure on the ball being rebounded out of defense or on the midfield delivering the ball to forwards, who in turn were allowed to have far too much space and isolation.

Any team trying to replicate that style of play now would be destroyed.

Maybe the era of football you guys are lamenting the loss of was more free-flowing and entertaining than the way the game is played now, you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

It wasn't smart, though. It was really dumb. Minimal accountability. Near total absence of defensive pressure on the ball being rebounded out of defense or on the midfield delivering the ball to forwards, who in turn were allowed to have far too much space and isolation.

you may be right for the 80s maybe early 90s when they just kicked forward at every opportunity , full back always kicked in, I would say between then and now there was the introduction of smarter tactics and sophistication with a more attacking mindset.

maybe 95- early 2000s

probably around 2005 Roos introduced a lot of crowding around the ball and everything has evolved from there

It could also be nostalgia and remembering the link to childhood memories

I believe gameplans started to make its mark in 2005 under Roos to be honest. I think our super lockdown was a necessity after we gave up quite a bit to St Kilda and Adelaide early on. We never looked back after that, but damn was it frustrating at times. It won us a premiership but yeah...

You'd never know unless it was tried . I'm sure if Buddy stayed in the square , his opponent wouldn't be leaving his side !

You'd never know unless it was tried . I'm sure if Buddy stayed in the square , his opponent wouldn't be leaving his side !

Ive wondered why one coach doesnt say * it and leave 4 forward and just to win out of congestion

would all 4 defenders run off? surely not as you say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back