No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if you had a very ill wife , or a baby close to being born you might have a different attitude. It's strange times champ
Yes, some things are more important than football. Shaun Edwards is one of the players staying in Melbourne, his wife is due to have a baby at any time now. Should he go in a hub in another state with no firm date on return? If I was him, I'd be staying put.

Maybe if you had a very ill wife , or a baby close to being born you might have a different attitude. It's strange times champ
Granted, there will be the odd special circumstance.

But if I was a Richmond member at the moment, I’d be wondering why my club was seemingly rife with special circumstances.

Granted, there will be the odd special circumstance.

But if I was a Richmond member at the moment, I’d be wondering why my club was seemingly rife with special circumstances.
Rife? Just two senior players aren't going to the hub. Houli, whose wife just had a baby, and Edwards, whose wife is going to have a baby any day now. The other players they are leaving behind are young players they don't think they are going to need for the next few rounds. At a time when teams are going to be struggling financially it seems pretty reasonable to only take as many players as you need to the hub.

Rife? Just two senior players aren't going to the hub. Houli, whose wife just had a baby, and Edwards, whose wife is going to have a baby any day now. The other players they are leaving behind are young players they don't think they are going to need for the next few rounds. At a time when teams are going to be struggling financially it seems pretty reasonable to only take as many players as you need to the hub.
Houli's wife had a baby boy which game early and Edwards wife is due in August , they are the only 2.

Last edited:
I could understand not going if you had a family situation you didn't want to be away from (sick family, expecting new born etc) but a 4 week stay with your mates getting to perform your craft is surly worth it

Good to see that some in the media are finally waking up to McGuire's hypocrisy in using his media position to push Collingwood propaganda all the time.

Only taken 20 years, but better late than never.

Speaking of Eddie's hypocrisy, when was the last time he complained about wanting an 'uncompromised draft' for the good of the competition? :rolleyes:

Or has he shut up about it because Collingwood are benefiting more than anyone from father son and NGA picks, including potentially no.1 next year, and using GWS as a training academy.

Does anyone know if any general public tickets will be placed on sale for Thursday nights game between Geelong and Brisbane at the SCG? It would be a good neutral game to attend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Naley who played in Carlton's 87 flag has sadly passed away . I'm sure we had the first crack at him.
David Rhys Jones quote from Carlton article re the Swans having signed up Naley.

“Greg Miller had secured the signatures of Naley, Greg Anderson and Peter Motley on form fours binding them to the Swans,” Rhys-Jones recalled.

“The Swans then gave Miller the a..e and that was that, but I kept an eye on all three players in the following state games and I had a fair idea of how good they all were.“

Looks like we will be playing a Rowell-less GC next week, out for three months with a shoulder issue. Never like to see the competition's young guns out with injury.
He might've already sewn up the Rising Star after just a handful of rounds, or left the door slightly ajar for Stephens and Warner? ;)

And more racism from Eddie McGuire's team.

Long term issues with drugs. Sexual assault. Rampant racism from fans, players and the President. A coach in denial or straight out lying. Multiple drinking incidents including senior players. Blatant disrespect for lock down laws. A President with no standards or principles and a large case of hypocrisy totally compromised by his positions of power and unwarranted influence on the game and society.

I think the only sensible thing to do is shut the whole place down until we find out what the hell is going on.

And more racism from Eddie McGuire's team.

Long term issues with drugs. Sexual assault. Rampant racism from fans, players and the President. A coach in denial or straight out lying. Multiple drinking incidents including senior players. Blatant disrespect for lock down laws. A President with no standards or principles and a large case of hypocrisy totally compromised by his positions of power and unwarranted influence on the game and society.

I think the only sensible thing to do is shut the whole place down until we find out what the hell is going on.

Lumumba won’t be happy until they do

He seems unhinged

Though Eddie should be gone either way

Lumumba won’t be happy until they do

He seems unhinged

Though Eddie should be gone either way

It still pleases me that Eddie was run out of the CEO role at Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back