List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

If we can give the players a score based on the amount of weight they gained from last season to now, factoring in BF% then it might go a fair way to highlighting the players with the most internal drive.

Cox needed to spend the year in the gym

According to the SEN phone in, he spent the whole of Covid in the Gym putting on weight, running to get good speed and more running for endurance.

So working on ticking boxes for recruiters.

He has ticked the boxes but still has his doubters, I would be surprised if he made it to our pick as I suspect Essendon might use a pick on him.

His olde man that was talked up in the SEN interview, played with Gary Lyon, so probably used that contact to get on Radio I suspect.

So a bit of tyre pumping going on I suspect

Last edited:
According to the SEN phone in, he spent the whole of Covid in the Gym putting on weight, running to get good speed and more running for endurance.

So working on ticking boxes for recruiters.

He has ticked the boxes but still has his doubters, I would be surprised if he made it to our pick as I suspect Essendon might use a pick on him.

His olde man that was talked up in the SEN interview, played with Gary Lyon, so probably used that contact to get on Radio I suspect.

So a bit of tyre pumping going on I suspect

No in previous years they always have had an interview a day one of the top draft prospects so the public can become familiar with them ahead of the draft.

No in previous years they always have had an interview a day one of the top draft prospects so the public can become familiar with them ahead of the draft.

I was more referencing Garry Lyons over the top “fondness” for Nic Cox’s father.. and his interest in his general family life, sister being a model etc.

Nic Cox himself seems to polarise people ... too skinny, no defined position, etc

He has obviously taken some of those comments on board, and looked to address them. Ie putting on 8kg, defining a positional preference (KDP) as well as improving his running and speed.

Kid has the skills and the dedication IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those rule changes to matching bids for this year are a small win for us this morning heading into the draft.
Can use as many late picks as we want to match bids now instead of just the number of free list spots only.
A massive win for sydney and the bulldogs.
Watch them stockpile the junk picks now.

Those rule changes to matching bids for this year are a small win for us this morning heading into the draft.
Can use as many late picks as we want to match bids now instead of just the number of free list spots only.

I’m not so sure. You still need late picks and list spots. Of which we have neither.

How? We only have a few picks that are worth points...

It’s plausibly detrimental for us.

Only thing it may do is wipe out a heap of picks quickly, so ours may move forward but means that neither the bulldogs, port or Sydney will go into deficit next year...and the s**t thing is if the rule had been announced earlier we perhaps could've pushed GWS for a few more junk picks for Hogan, but no, the AFL make s**t up as they go along yet again

Luke Jackson just re-signed..

Think have to try and get Neale now

Only thing it may do is wipe out a heap of picks quickly, so ours may move forward but means that neither the bulldogs, port or Sydney will go into deficit next year...and the sh*t thing is if the rule had been announced earlier we perhaps could've pushed GWS for a few more junk picks for Hogan, but no, the AFL make sh*t up as they go along yet again
Or perhaps they only announced it to a few clubs.

After a quick search it looks like after de-listings and trades Brisbane has only freed up 2 senior spots, yet they have 6 picks worth points
Sydney have only freed up 1 senior spot and have 5 picks worth points.

Essendon might have too many picks, regardless of that rule change, it might represent an opportunity.

Where do you think we will finish next season? I think we need to buy some talls this draft.

What if we traded our first next season for pick #8?

Having #8, #12 then point matching will give us more room to pick like: Cox, Baldwin, Walker, Western

If you want to pick Cox that is. It would also limit our risk of losing out if a bid comes in the first round for Walker (which could be all the way into a mid 20s pick, which means we don't get any matching points surplus back later and if it's greater than our points available eats into our first in 2021).

Not to mention that any free agency matched bids that we have to trade for wouldn't cost us that first anymore either, because we would already have had a year of development into that player.

I think we need to draft some talls and if we are moving up the ladder in the years to come then we won't have access to them anymore, this might be our last chance at a dip at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back