Club Mgmt. 2020 Membership Thread - Membership survey has been sent out (check your email)

Remove this Banner Ad

So advantage members rolled over on Monday..

What’s the membership tally?

I think the club will find it challenging growing membership in 2020. It’s been a lacklustre post season with apparent
discontent and questions marks with coaching and injury management still to be answered creating a much more sober feeling compared the recent years past.

lacklustre post season ...apparent discontent...sober feeling ??? According to who? You?

And you probably mean ‘sombre’ I think. Which I would suggest is a reflection of your general negativity and depressing mindset coming across in your words.

Do you really think any bomber supporter is going to drop off next year with their membership? I doubt it.

the club has be wallowing in hellish quicksand for years, yet us supporters have never givin up.

we might whinge and moan a bit but we always front up for a new season.

and next year is the most optimistic season in a long time.

bombers forever. Come hell or high water.

lacklustre post season ...apparent discontent...sober feeling ??? According to who? You?

And you probably mean ‘sombre’ I think. Which I would suggest is a reflection of your general negativity and depressing mindset coming across in your words.

Do you really think any bomber supporter is going to drop off next year with their membership? I doubt it.

the club has be wallowing in hellish quicksand for years, yet us supporters have never givin up.

Agree, most of us are not that happy with our preseason injury list or the fact that we haven't had any kind of finals success in forever but hope springs eternal and the overwhelming majority will hop on the ride again. At least its better than going through the ASADA/WADA stuff, now our problems are football related, which is as it should be.

Agree, most of us are not that happy with our preseason injury list or the fact that we haven't had any kind of finals success in forever but hope springs eternal and the overwhelming majority will hop on the ride again. At least its better than going through the ASADA/WADA stuff, now our problems are football related, which is as it should be.

yes....anything is better than those terrible seasons with the saga.
The only way from here is up..we’ll never again fall to those depths of despair from the past.

I like your positivity. Call it what you like, the optimism is somewhat missing amongst the supporter base heading into 2020. Largely due to a lack of players involved in pre season training to date and the amount of post season surgeries that threatens the teams readiness and fitness going into the new season. There’s no doubting that.

Time will tell if this impacts membership. If the team performs during the JLT and early rounds then membership will respond positively.. However there’s a sizeable question mark attached to that.

What can’t be disputed is the fan bases loyalty. 85,000 members without recent success is testament to that. 2020 poses a challenge to continue this growth if on field success doesn’t eventuate. The supporters Are losing pa

That’s not being overly negative. It’s a fact.

Roll on 2020!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have an idea how to access the club purchased digital membership?

They used to just send a voucher code but its changed this year, and there doesnt seem to be any info on it anywhere.

Aiming for 100,000 members in the next 24 months?? 😱
In 2019, we broke our all-time membership record, passing the 80,000-member mark for the first time in the Club’s rich history. The final tally reached 84,237. For the second time in AFL history, total club memberships exceeded one million members. But in benchmarking ourselves against other clubs, it is not unreasonable to strive to be pushing the 100,000-member milestone. And I expect us to achieve this over the next 24 months.
From the club email.

Was wondering this

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you have tickets for round 1 they will be refunded. Memberships are an issue AFL wide, so there will be some sort of standard approach across all clubs, which was mentioned in Gil's statement today and also by our CEO. Bit hard to know what exactly they need to refund at this stage without knowing what a full season will even look like though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back