NFL 2020 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Profootballtalk's Mike Florida reports Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa to the Jaguars has "gathered steam in recent days."
Tagovailoa could fall to the Jaguars at No. 9, but with the No. 20 selection, as well, they also have the ammunition for a trade up if necessary. The 2020 draft's central mystery is whether the Dolphins will take Tagovailoa or Oregon's Justin Herbert at No. 5 overall. Tagovailoa has some of the most all-over-the-map pre-draft chatter in recent memory.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Apr 23, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report "most teams" view Georgia's Isaiah Simmons as a safety, but that debate over his best position could cause him to fall in the draft Thursday evening.
Simmons worked out as a linebacker at the Combine, but has experience at linebacker, safety and slot corner. Rapsheet reports Simmons' evaluations are all over the map. Simmons has been rumored to go off the board as high as No. 3, but Rapsheet's words hint at an evening one plunge. Tweeners always create more uncertainty than teams are comfortable with.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 23, 2020, 2:06 PM ET

CBS' Jonathan Jones reports the Browns at No. 10 "could be the move" for the Falcons to move up from No. 16
Jones believes the Falcons could have their eyes on Florida CB C.J. Henderson or LSU EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson. The Falcons have tried to beat back the narrative they are desperate to move up, but it has been one of this week's most persistent storylines. We don't have to wait much longer to find out.
RELATED:
SOURCE: CBS
Apr 23, 2020, 1:52 PM ET

Wow, sirs....

-------------

Pro Football Talks' Mike Florio reports the Dolphins are attempting to acquire the No. 3 pick in order to make the Bengals a Godfather offer for the No. 1 pick.
Per Florio, "The Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package. That’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit." Previously ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Bengals have declined the Dolphins' efforts to move up to No. 1. It's unlikely we see that stance change, although two top-five picks would certainly be enticing.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
Apr 23, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

Dillard & 21 to Jets for 11 to get Lamb to the Eagles, think I could live with it.

Is this a confirmed trade? Why are u guys giving up on Dillard so early? Did Joe Douglas have something to do with drafting him?

Good trade for both teams if so, I love Lamb and I like what the Jets have done there assuming Dillard isnt a bust already. They are WR needy also but there are plenty in this draft and their oline was probably the worst in the NFL last year.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report "most teams" view Georgia's Isaiah Simmons as a safety, but that debate over his best position could cause him to fall in the draft Thursday evening.
Simmons worked out as a linebacker at the Combine, but has experience at linebacker, safety and slot corner. Rapsheet reports Simmons' evaluations are all over the map. Simmons has been rumored to go off the board as high as No. 3, but Rapsheet's words hint at an evening one plunge. Tweeners always create more uncertainty than teams are comfortable with.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 23, 2020, 2:06 PM ET

Jamal 2.0, he does everything, including sack opposing qbs....teams who overlook him cause of his elite versatility are destined to continue picking in the top 10 cause they are obviously clueless.

Sportsbet Matchbet - RB’s - First to be taken Taylor>Swift @2.80
Draft Position - CJ Henderson U12.5 @1.87

And also had the under on 5.5 receivers

Jeez Henderson has moved up in the rankings the past few weeks. I like him so I'm not shocked but he was touted as second round pick last month.

Like the Taylor over Swift bet at the price, very nice. Should be a coin flip imo.

Is this a confirmed trade? Why are u guys giving up on Dillard so early? Did Joe Douglas have something to do with drafting him?

Good trade for both teams if so, I love Lamb and I like what the Jets have done there assuming Dillard isnt a bust already. They are WR needy also but there are plenty in this draft and their oline was probably the worst in the NFL last year.

Just a rumour but what doesn't appear to be one is that Dillard has had issues adjusting to nfl life in Phily.

Dillard & 21 to Jets for 11 to get Lamb to the Eagles, think I could live with it.
Couple of more high profile mocks have Ruggs available at 21, don’t think it’ll happen but I’d sit tight before jumping to 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's one thing we know about the Eagles over the past 10+ years, it's that we stink at scouting WRs.

Given that whoever we pick will be the wrong choice anyway, I'd rather stay where we are than trade up.

Looking forward to the McAfee and Hawk Draft show for the Draft.

A bit of a different year, may as well watch it in a different way.
Yeh, watching these guys.

I always scout the entire list of available rookies at every position. My QB rankings were me listing every single one of them. But for TE, I'm only pulling out all the players I like a lot, and ranking them. So not the entire list of 80 TEs (which I still scouted), but just the ones I highlighted as being special. The very last group therefore aren't the worst, they're still highly talented but just need more development in the pros. Indeed, you could say my list is ranked from the most NFL ready down.

TE Rankings

harrison bryant
devin asiasi
mitchell wilcox
jacob breeland
charlie woerner
cheyenne o'grady

colby parkinson
josiah deguara
sean mckeon
tyler mabry

nigel kilby
adam trautman
brycen hopkins
noah togiai
dalton keene

reggie gilliam
devin cates
chase harrell
ben ellefson
Now that I have an investment in this list what can we expect to see from Asiasi with the Patriots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back