Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys. You won’t need to do any reports this year. Fremantle have offered to write our training reports for us. Marc Webb is the scribe.

He will post that there were many strong performances at training today.

This thread is going to be heavily moderated, but mostly around interpersonal conflicts.

I propose a system whereby nobody engages with anyone else and all comments are formally addressed to me, such as:

Taylor, your inability to moderate an obviously fictitious and fraudulent training report above diminishes us all.

To which I can then either engage or ignore, but nobody gets in a fight.
can u disable replies/quotes in this thread? I love all the reports and I find the odd question useful for answering by any watcher, e.g was Colyer at training? Was he is in the f22 or seconds?

But not the fights and the quepinions e.g. Was Colyer at training cause he better not be in the first 22 cause you guys don't know what you're talking about, he can't hit a target and we need to sack Ross and training watcher X is an idiot anyways because he is delusionally hopeful and not a cynical masochist Freo supporter like myself, we're definitely bottom 4 material unless we can clone Fyfe and he stops being prima dona everyone hates, and why is Mundy still so slow and yet getting a game. Also, why did Sunny get a spiderman tattoo, it brings down my respect for the Steves. Get me more information while I get my secretary to make me a coffee between meetings. I don't have all day and btw, you're wrong.

I'm happy to put forward a motion to triple Taylor's mod. salary to account for spending the extra time moderating this thread. Anyone want to second my motion?

Last edited:
best way fwd is to have weekly training threads and lock them on a sunday night. the "one big thread" idea is too hard to read and lets comments fester. surely its gotta be easier for the moderators too

I saw Hogan running this morning while I was at the gym. He looked fine but he was only jogging.

Taylor, your inability to moderate an obviously fictitious and fraudulent training report above diminishes us all.

WTG already reported that Hogan was completely encased in plaster. How is one supposed to jog while in plaster? Impossible. Makes no sense. Clearly Gaskin is a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good early tip, and in reality he does have a shot at forging some kind of career with the club if he can fix the fumbles.
I think colyer is insurance only see him in your best 25-30 ranked players
Does he still have 3 years to run on contract or is it two with triggere to get him the extra year?

My favorite thread. Hopefully back to the good ol' days of discussions of the best vanilla slice and sausage rolls with some footy thrown in.
Pang of nostalgia for Freo Oval with that comment. Bit of trumpet blowing here - I started the Training Threads back in about 2003 when Polak was still the great hope, and Steve the groundsman told me that he thought a young fella called Luke McPharlin, was the best player on our list. Pretty sure I was the only watcher who regularly posted back in those days. You blokes who go down for a look-see week-in, week-out and report back with such detail are bloody awesome. I really hope this thread can stay on track this coming year, cos I, like so many others, look forward so much to your posts every week. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back