Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, hope all is well.
Just wondering how Acres is coming along. Loved the kid at the saints, but old richo seemed to have his way with him. Hope he has a mad crack for you guys (just not against us)
how is his pre season going? havent heard much over here in vic

Hi everyone, hope all is well.
Just wondering how Acres is coming along. Loved the kid at the saints, but old richo seemed to have his way with him. Hope he has a mad crack for you guys (just not against us)
how is his pre season going? havent heard much over here in vic
Training watchers have been pretty impressed iirc and he has been a good teacher and leader to some of the new guys. So far so positive. I for one was really happy to get him.

Training watchers have been pretty impressed iirc and he has been a good teacher and leader to some of the new guys. So far so positive. I for one was really happy to get him.

Good to hear. was really shattered when he left, was a fave of mine. Hopefully he will become the player he teased us with a few times for you guys

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a Freo player do that last season I’d be sitting on my yacht right now. We collectively had the worst kicking efficiency in the AFL. If turning the ball over was a skill we’d have more ‘elite’ players than any other team. Cox is far from our worst offender, especially when compared to our other available key back options. Did you see Duman lose us the Saints game last year? Logue isn’t exactly the most consistent kick either.

Duman may have made a mistake but his disposal was better than just about everyone last year. The stats confirm this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duman may have made a mistake but his disposal was better than just about everyone last year. The stats confirm this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we instinctively know, the stats are rubbish or at best misleading.

Over and above St Kilda, he almost lost us the Geelong game as well. Don’t understand how he his disposal skills are so highly vaunted.

Cox has great vision and more than reasonable skills (yes his goal kicking is a bit dicey). Go back to one of his very earliest games (Rd 14 2017) against Geelong at Kardinya. I remember a kick from the wing into the corridor lace out to Ballantyne. Shortly after a sweeping handball to Weller on the wing which should have led to the game winning shot at goal from Son Son.

See the corridor kick at 5:36 on this highlights clip:

Thing of beauty.

That was a good one. Poor Johnno and Ballas were so cooked by then :(.

Sam Sturt looks really good this season. He has bulked up to a nice size. He just needs to learn how to use his body better as to not be pushed off the contest so easily.

I've noticed it when I've watched training on the odd occasions this pre season

Pretty interesting training report from Freo:

WTF? We now have to rely on Freo media team for training reports? Can’t anyone shirk their jobs, family, friends, and all responsibilities and get down to give us a report? Where’s the dedication? Sheesh...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Sturt looks really good this season. He has bulked up to a nice size. He just needs to learn how to use his body better as to not be pushed off the contest so easily.

I've noticed it when I've watched training on the odd occasions this pre season
Good call Inveigh. Let’s see how he goes in PS games. Hopefully he gets some game sense on the body work in these JLT games and refine in the early WAFL games.

He would have to be some chance though for an early debut especially considering the lengthy rehab Switta has been facing.

Good to hear. was really shattered when he left, was a fave of mine. Hopefully he will become the player he teased us with a few times for you guys
I don't watch a lot of Saints games. What would he do that was a tease? Would he show glimpses of high skill (nailing long kicks), dominate games for a short period? Do some freaky plays/goals?
Are you able to elaborate?

I don't watch a lot of Saints games. What would he do that was a tease? Would he show glimpses of high skill (nailing long kicks), dominate games for a short period? Do some freaky plays/goals?
Are you able to elaborate?

just the ability to split a play open, take a great mark...then in the next breathe kick it straight to the opposition player. He is frustratingly beautiful to watch i would put it.
he was pidgeon holed by richo as a forward/ruck...played his best games by a mile on a wing, we just had a s**t coach...

just the ability to split a play open, take a great mark...then in the next breathe kick it straight to the opposition player. He is frustratingly beautiful to watch i would put it.
he was pidgeon holed by richo as a forward/ruck...played his best games by a mile on a wing, we just had a s**t coach...

Split the play open and then kick it to the opposition sounds kinda familiar around here. Hopefully he can get better with his disposal 🤞

Good call Inveigh. Let’s see how he goes in PS games. Hopefully he gets some game sense on the body work in these JLT games and refine in the early WAFL games.

He would have to be some chance though for an early debut especially considering the lengthy rehab Switta has been facing.
Agree with all of this, but the less body work I see and the more creating and running into space the better for young Sam this year. Sure he's going to take time to improve his core and understand the nuances of elite body work, but this gets back to JLo saying he's happy for players to back themselves in on what they have always been good at, and for Sam, this surely would be to use his pace, athleticism, agility and general forward smarts to beat his opponents.

I don’t think theres a single railbird who’s said something negative about my buddy this preseason. He seems in great form and from what I’ve read his hands have been like glue and his kicks as straight as an arrow. Just thought I’d give da Lobbster a shout out. If he (and Darcy and Meek) stays healthy he’s gonna have a career year. I can feel it.

Fremantle Dockers (freodockers) Tweeted:
Lobb’s footy #Foreverfreo https://t.co/BWdAPfo3I6

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m hoping we get a j McGovern type player out of cox. A dude with a big frame who can take a contested grab. But not sure if he plays zone defence aswell as gov does although early indicators are good.

I’m hoping we get a j McGovern type player out of cox. A dude with a big frame who can take a contested grab. But not sure if he plays zone defence aswell as gov does although early indicators are good.
Jeremey McGovern was 22y 11d old when he debuted for West Coast in 2014.

Brennan Cox is currently 21y 6m

Plenty of scope for that.

I'd give my left jatz for Logue to have a breakout year, but something deep inside tells me it's not going to happen.

I take solace from the fact that I am very rarely right.
This is exciting then...

Because I thought he was primed for a breakout year and it's also an extreme rarity if I'm right. So one of us will be correct for once!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back