Universal Love 2020 Premiership Memorabilia!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

B37F3802-2835-44C1-81DD-22578BD80CBD.jpeg

At the Vic market... good to see many people and supporting locals

hot jam donuts time! Best

Last edited:

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Just pre ordered the select set of cards, have all three sets. My old lady has bought me the premiership sherrins in 17 and 19, got a good feeling another one may be coming.

Ive got 2017 and 2019 white mark knights with my tickets underneath. Obviously no ticket this year, might put a surgical mask in there to represent this shithouse year!

Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund
Ive got 2017 and 2019 white mark knights with my tickets underneath. Obviously no ticket this year, might put a surgical mask in there to represent this shithouse year!

As crazy as that sounds it’s actually a bloody good idea! Great talking point in future and unique. Might just do it with Mark Knight face mask.
65C89C27-DD3E-4500-9542-5FB539A8284B.jpeg

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Just pre ordered the select set of cards, have all three sets. My old lady has bought me the premiership sherrins in 17 and 19, got a good feeling another one may be coming.

Is there anywhere that still sells Mark Knight posters other than the Herald Sun shop? Reckon any newsagencies would still have them? Don't want to pay $12 shipping from Herald sun

This is the response I got from New Era regarding premiers caps:

View attachment 1017098

Starting to sound like the first release caps are going to be ‘limited edition’ by sheer fact they only made what has already been sold and have no intention to make any more. It’s a shame for the supporter’s that missed out 😔. 🤞 The club and New Era change their minds.

This is the response I got from New Era regarding premiers caps:

View attachment 1017098

A couple of interesting points in this response:

1. “decision made by both our internal team & the Richmond club”

Why would RFC not want the extra $$$ that this cap would generate?

Why wouldn’t RFC want their members/ supporters to have this piece of 2020 Premiership merchandise?

2. “this cap is slightly different from the initial stock”

The “other” cap is nothing like the good one that we all want

Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund

Why wouldn’t RFC want their members/ supporters to have this piece of 2020 Premiership merchandise?

all good questions. The only reason I can think of is because this new cap has much less embroidery so is cheaper to make, yet sell at the same price? Profit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Could be something to do with the profit margins on New Era products. I'd imagine quite a bit less than playcorp, so the club may want people buying those instead. Especially if there's some leftover that may not sell

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

Maybe New Era threw the RFC under the bus. 😂

all good questions. The only reason I can think of is because this new cap has much less embroidery so is cheaper to make, yet sell at the same price? Profit?

I don’t have a Degree in Economics or Marketing BUT:

If you sell 10,000 units @ $10 profit, you make $100,000

If you sell 1,000 units @ $20 profit, you make $20,000

Many supporters (including myself) won’t buy the crap New Era cap ... looks like I’ll just have to settle for the grey one

Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund
I don’t have a Degree in Economics or Marketing BUT:

If you sell 10,000 units @ $10 profit, you make $100,000

If you sell 1,000 units @ $20 profit, you make $20,000

Many supporters (including myself) won’t buy the crap New Era cap ... looks like I’ll just have to settle for the grey one

I definitely don’t have a degree in marketing but obviously both the club and new era got this 1 wrong. But after the year we’ve all had I think the club has done quite well to get merchandise and memorabilia produced to the masses.

I definitely don’t have a degree in marketing but obviously both the club and new era got this 1 wrong. But after the year we’ve all had I think the club has done quite well to get merchandise and memorabilia produced to the masses.

Especially the knives 🙃

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's a clue New Era...biggest Club in the Land with a 100,000+ members wins the 2020 GF...
100,000 members plus...you'd think some smart marketing guru would be onto that..how hard would it be to prepare for that?!??
Or are we just doing one off limited runs like the HSS Gold Posters...timid sales and timid marketing just easy guaranteed options...
she'll be right cobber we have this in the bag!

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Here's a clue New Era...biggest Club in the Land with a 100,000+ members wins the 2020 GF...
100,000 members plus...you'd think some smart marketing guru would be onto that..how hard would it be to prepare for that?!??
Or are we just doing one off limited runs like the HSS Gold Posters...timid sales and timid marketing just easy guaranteed options...
she'll be right cobber we have this in the bag!
I completely agree.

I dunno why the club stock stupid items no one wants yet the high demand stuff are conservatively ordered.

In the Superstore, these ghastly items are left behind in their 1000s - why order so much of these shite items ?! Yet the Premiership Guernseys, New Era Caps and Black Premiers Polos are few and far between.
Screenshot_20201124-083430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-083534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-083623_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-083635_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-083725_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I completely agree.

I dunno why the club stock stupid items no one wants yet the high demand stuff are conservatively ordered.

In the Superstore, these ghastly items are left behind in their 1000s - why order so much of these sh*te items ?! Yet the Premiership Guernseys, New Era Caps and Black Premiers Polos are few and far between.
View attachment 1017367
View attachment 1017366
View attachment 1017365
View attachment 1017364

View attachment 1017363
Actually I don't mind that one with the faded looking cup on it.

The rest are crap (at least, I think they're crap).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back