Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

The Instagram photo in the post above seeks to indicate teams. Green is As and Orange Bs

Oh my Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) shut that down, I'll have to use another browser. Cheers!

Apologies for the intrusion, just wondering if anyone can help me out with how long the boys are in Tassie for? BigFooty is the closest I get to social media and was hoping to go watch them train on the weekend but now thinking I might have missed it.

Oh my Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) shut that down, I'll have to use another browser. Cheers!
Piece all of these photos together and you will have an A and B team for today’s exercise, Charlie and Linc not in photo but in A/green team I believe.
Little bit of a mix I reckon.
30067385-7037-49CD-A041-69756E5E75FD.jpeg E4AF5193-4D71-4D94-8A80-DBD05F1D7AF0.jpeg 274982C5-BE06-4FF4-9182-4522B9F4BDD7.jpeg

Last edited:
[
QUOTE="Dlions, post: 64169367, member: 174971"]
Piece all of these photos together and you will have an A and B team for today’s exercise, Charlie and Linc not in photo but in A/green team I believe.
Little bit of a mix I reckon.
View attachment 810474View attachment 810473View attachment 810472
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. You've gotta think that they might have put some guys who should be walk in best 22 in the Bs for balance given that squad seems to include lach, stef, Dan, marcus and cam. Wonder if they were trying to give some of the neafl boys a chance with the main squad?

Fish's article

Article implies they could swap out Big-O?

Jeeze that'd be disappointing if true, reckon you'd want to keep nursing that potential. Feels like O could step it up a bit this year though at the same time I suppose it isn't a bad thing to get some reps into the alternative options

Apologies for the intrusion, just wondering if anyone can help me out with how long the boys are in Tassie for? BigFooty is the closest I get to social media and was hoping to go watch them train on the weekend but now thinking I might have missed it.
Missed it mate they are back tomorrow i think.

Fish's article

Article implies they could swap out Big-O?
Makes sense to me. We are going to use what we've got to run it out of defense more instead of kicking long to omac at hb to create a stoppage or tap to advantage. Oscar does have his strengths bit a more balanced fwd option will hopefully help with more marks and defensive fwd pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Skinner and McStay - same same. Skinner and O'mac - chalk and cheese. Skinner loves to tackle and hurts people he seems to revel in it. Skinner hits packs and hits them hard he has no fear. A full year last year and his mobility for a big unit is great and fingers crossed every time he gets close to playing a knee goes. Unashamedly he has been a favourite of mine since recruited. He is more versatile that McStay and does help out in the ruck and in the NEAL a few minutes each qtr is not playing ruck in the AFL. Skinner for O'mac would be a major change in player type but will be interesting to see in McStay is doing any ruck work as well. With Stef in the ruck and both McStay and Skinner doing minutes to help out depending on the game could be a great plan.

Although its hard to do, I'd love to see a bit deeper in the goal kicking stats. Would love a sort of expected accuracy or something. McStay's numbers like that dont look terrible, but we know that he has missed a few absolute sitters and has a few out on the fulls as well. He "should" have been better than those numbers

It is hard to compare players just on Stats because they can be deceptive. From my observations of McStay he played all year as a key forward and dished the ball off to other players whenever he could. He is not play in the ruck. Ballenden on the other hand was played in three positions only in the reserves. This being Centre half back, centre half forward and ruck usually as a back up,ruck. He learnt how to get more physical during the year and is,still learning his craft. He is an elite kick. Both players have there strengths and weaknesses . McStay only needs to improve his goal kicking while Ballenden needs to improve other parts of his game. I have always liked Skinner and was surprised that we were able to pick him up as a rookie after being delisted. What I like about him is that he attacks the ball and the contest he can also take a pack mark and kick straight. Unfortunately he has had injuries since playing for us so will need to keep playing in the reserves and rack up bonus points and get his chance. He also plays in the ruck due to his physicality. The other rookie Fullarton I also really like and he plays deep forward has elite hands and is a good decision maker. If he one day gets a chance to play in the firsts he can allow Hipwood to Palau further up the ground. We are blessed with a number of players vying for the same position which is healthy for squad. Each player needs to improve to keep their position. Our coaching staff are no dills and know that we need to find new ways of kicking goals rather than using the chaos ball to Cameron who can beat his opponents for speed and kick the miracle goal. This no longer worked during the finals. I am hoping for 2020 we make the top 4 and win at least one game that will be a pass mark.

Kane Cornes written a very complimentary article about lions in sen for those interested .

I thought he said that we wouldn’t make the finals?
This suggests it was that we can’t win the flag?

“I was invited to join the group by coach Chris Fagan after I said on SEN I didn't think Brisbane can win the flag in 2020.”

I thought he said that we wouldn’t make the finals?
This suggests it was that we can’t win the flag?

“I was invited to join the group by coach Chris Fagan after I said on SEN I didn't think Brisbane can win the flag in 2020.”

Who knows, he says a lot of things. I guess you can't win the flag if you don't make finals so maybe that's it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back