2020 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge Value in the forward line imo. Dropping that mid premo allows for me to lose the fwd rook, feel much more Safer. Something new this year I’m trying as I always get burnt by forward rooks (BALTA!!!!)

Just looking at your side, I would say get rid of Anderson, and make sure Pickett is on field in his place. You're not gonna want Pickett on the bench when he'll score 70-80 given the murmurs coming out of Tigerland about his pre-season and increased mid time. Saves you 100K and gives you a better on field score. Maybe go down to someone like Warner or McHenry and have him on your bench - both look likely to play/rebuilding teams who are playing the kids

Definitely aware of that match up and could very well could be costly. On the flip side when I did drop Grundy it gave me the room to bring in Dunkley and Macrae who managed a combined 286 last time out vs the pies. It’s all speculative at the moment but I guess taking risks like this can make or break a season. I always enjoy trying a few things in fantasy; last season I started with Phillips which was almost a huge success imo bar the donut I copped from him

Lmao you're telling me...that's exactly what ruined my season. I literally had saved 500K and looked like it was a masterstroke...until I copped a 0 and then got Mummy in who went and had 50 million free kicks against him...that was the beginning of the end. I'd be thinking someone who experienced that wouldn't want that again :p haha.

If you're set on keeping Dunks and Macrae, just get rid of Sicily or Smith and downgrade them to Ash or something similar. Use that cash and go Jacobs to Grundy. Would much rather Grundy and Ash or Grundy and Gould, then Jacobs and Sic or Jacobs and Smith. Hell, could even go Steele or Brouch down to Serong, then fix up your forward line or def a bit more. Honestly though, the simplest move is to just go from a Sicily type to S. Hill or something similar, and then O'Brien to Grundy.

All subjective though! If you choose to go through with it and we're all wrong, then you'll definitely be way ahead of the pack!

I am very behind the 8 ball this year, but finally put together a rough draft of my team.
Still definitely got some changes to make, but just wanted some thoughts so far as to how far away I am.
Obviously rookies we will find out in due course but I have tried to put in the higher price ones to give myself a little space depending on round 1.

Attachments

• Team1 Fantasy.PNG
    Team1 Fantasy.PNG
    996.4 KB · Views: 244
I am very behind the 8 ball this year, but finally put together a rough draft of my team.
Still definitely got some changes to make, but just wanted some thoughts so far as to how far away I am.
Obviously rookies we will find out in due course but I have tried to put in the higher price ones to give myself a little space depending on round 1.
Anderson down to 170k (Pickett on field) and then use the cash to go Ben King up to someone like a Brander/Georgiades would be my main comment. Also, like the lock and load of Lloyd but you could go down (to say a Sicily) and use the cash to upgrade Selwood to one of Cripps, Ross, Adams etc, reckon that's better off in the long run. Just me though.

Anderson down to 170k (Pickett on field) and then use the cash to go Ben King up to someone like a Brander/Georgiades would be my main comment. Also, like the lock and load of Lloyd but you could go down (to say a Sicily) and use the cash to upgrade Selwood to one of Cripps, Ross, Adams etc, reckon that's better off in the long run. Just me though.

Thanks, I have been toying that exact idea of downgrading Lloyd and using the cash to strengthen another area.
Are we saying Brander over Georgiades due to dual position and being 19k cheaper? I guess once teams are named for round 1 then I can make that decision.

Thanks, I have been toying that exact idea of downgrading Lloyd and using the cash to strengthen another area.
Are we saying Brander over Georgiades due to dual position and being 19k cheaper? I guess once teams are named for round 1 then I can make that decision.
Brander over Georgiades for scoring but it's Georgiades over Brander every single day of the week for job security. I prefer the latter

Brander over Georgiades for scoring but it's Georgiades over Brander every single day of the week for job security. I prefer the latter
Will Georgiades actually score much? I had him in the deep forward category. Hard to pick him at that price unless we're confident he'll average 60.

Will Georgiades actually score much? I had him in the deep forward category. Hard to pick him at that price unless we're confident he'll average 60.
Won't be played as a deep forward. High half forward role where there are marks to be had. 0.76 PPM in his MCS game - that's 73 points at 80% game time

Hey guys im back how have we all been, this is my team atm, feedback is most welcome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200228-084257_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-084257_Chrome.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20200228-084306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-084306_Chrome.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20200228-084313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-084313_Chrome.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20200228-084324_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-084324_Chrome.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 98
Hey guys im back how have we all been, this is my team atm, feedback is most welcome
Starceivich unlikely to get a game...Georgiades hobbled -

giddy up!

giddy up!

dayum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giddy up!
Rooks are looking thinner by the day :grimacing:

Ive had a little restructure to get the two big ruckman in. Im okay with the depth of the squad. But looking to see what you all think. Skinner is my utility as he is a place holder for as his price is what ive got to spend on that spot. Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 10.39.09 AM.png

Very similar to my team ATM...best to start again in that case

Feeling fairly set on this line-up at the moment.
A bit stretched with 0k in the bank though.

View attachment 831049
Eerily similar to my line up, although I have an extra premo defender and an extra rook in the forward line.

Not completely sold that Young, Rivers or Gould will line up in round 1. Young is most likely of the three, hence I have him.

And I'm happy to let the forward line go a little thin at the moment, few of the premos or mid pricers are screaming at me as must haves.

Played around with the side this morning

DEF: Lloyd - Houston - Doch - Roberton - Ash - Young (Gould - Brander)

MID: Macrae - Neale - Walsh - Mitchell - Rowell - Pickett - Mcinerney - McHenry (Budarick - Bytel)

RUCK: Grundy - O.Brien ( Xerri )

FWD: Whitfield - Wingard - Greenwood - Petracca - Brayshaw - Georgiades ( Rankine - King )

UTL: (Bianco)

Don't mind how this is looking so far. Version 1148.

Hopper surely surges now with Taranto going down. 3rd in their bnf last year as well.

Happy to hear thoughts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200301-081548_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301-081548_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20200301-081556_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301-081556_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20200301-081601_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301-081601_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20200301-081607_AFL Fantasy.jpg