Review 2020 Season/Club Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy was responding to a call from Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson for the AFL legend to be elevated to the club’s board to revitalise the Bombers, who haven’t won a final since 2004. Sheedy said he would help in whatever non-board capacity that he could.

“I had trouble with past players on the board (when coach)... but maybe I could be an advisor in a non-board role” Sheedy said.
7C7C48B2-94EF-4FB5-B758-B43C0C566CCA.jpeg
Image from instagram

I can’t see an online version atm, but if someone finds it feel free to post.

The boys* were keen for BJ onto the board. Personally i wouldn't mind it. We need some truth tellers at the pointy end and someone who wants to actually win premierships in the room.

Get someone outside the club to consult and review. And point to the changes that are goi to be made. If that person wants Sheedy to be part of it then so be it but no oreten processes.

Edit: * on the latest podcast

Last edited:
The boys were keen for BJ onto the board. Personally i wouldn't mind it. We need some truth tellers at the pointy end and someone who wants to actually win premierships in the room.

Get someone outside the club to consult and review. And point to the changes that are goi to be made. If that person wants Sheedy to be part of it then so be it but no oreten processes.
BJ on the board would be fantastic. At least we could be comfortable knowing there's someone there who understands the coalface.

Yeah but I think the problem is we keep turning to people like Sheedy. Sheeds spent the first ten years of his coaching tenure at Essendon during a time when football was semi-professional for most players and the bulk of the list would have needed to work another job to get by. It's a totally different industry now, the people at the helm need to have experience working in the current climate rather than being from a distant era when the club was successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but I think the problem is we keep turning to people like Sheedy. Sheeds spent the first ten years of his coaching tenure at Essendon during a time when football was semi-professional for most players and the bulk of the list would have needed to work another job to get by. It's a totally different industry now, the people at the helm need to have experience working in the current climate rather than being from a distant era when the club was successful.
Even we aren’t stupid enough to get Sheeds involved with real footy stuff.

What’s terrifying is that HE still thinks we should. Sheehy’s self-confidence is a bottomless well.

Even we aren’t stupid enough to get Sheeds involved with real footy stuff.

What’s terrifying is that HE still thinks we should. Sheehy’s self-confidence is a bottomless well.
I wish someone would look at me the way Kevin Sheedy looks at Kevin Sheedy every day

Jesus I thought this was a meme thread
I was hoping the same. Sure, let's get the defensive coach to the worst defensive team of the past decade as our head coach. That works.

I wish someone would look at me the way Kevin Sheedy looks at Kevin Sheedy every day
As he looks at himself In the mirror.....you just know he’s playing out some fantasy in his mind where we turn to him in desperation to take the reigns from a failed Rutten and he single-handedly puts together a ragtag crew of misfits and takes them to Premiership glory.

We seem to have a club full of yes men who are convinced we are still a great club. Everyone is happy and thinks things will just happen, while we are failing at the main end game. All too comfortable in their own skin.

Another problem is the constant over rating of our list (happens in the media too if we win games early). Our ladder position this year is a truer reflection of where we are and finally the fans & media have had enough.

We need to bring in someone with the fire in the belly. Sheeds too mellow & out of touch now. A president like Kennett and a football person like Ross Lyon or BJ are would be good to challenge the norm IMO.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind Brad Scott at some level. At least he showed passion.

This year has exposed everything wrong with the club. We seem to be in flight mode, no fight. In some ways I blame the saga for the "roll over and take it" attitude.

I attended my first game around 1970 when I was 5 and I can't remember a worse year than 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back