List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Yes I am very aware that he played a huge part in their 2016 campaign which was highlighted by him being the Swans best in the GF but what I meant by him not being in their best 22 was more so due to his role once in it. They had way too many in and under mids and he was being played out of position to succeed. He was also getting dropped down to the NEAFL every now and then so was made to feel he wasn’t in their future plans. Also in 2016 I’m pretty sure the only reason he featured a fair bit was due to injuries to Parker, Jack and McVeigh.

so joey kennedy leaving was a masterstroke in getting mitchell back?

btw from the article. Gun midfielder gary rohan?

Petracca off the table.

For me this leaves B.Crouch as the standout candidate as the primary focus as a RFA.
De goey will re sign
People will want to talk about Gaff but I just don’t see the marriage with the Hawks unless Mitchell is heavily involved.
There will always be the GWS well to dip into... Caldwell, O’Halloran & Hately. Hately would be a nice addition to the Hawks at a nice size and senior experience as a junior.
Caldwell... gws extension
I’d chase O’Halloran.

trade O’Halloran...#
RFA Crouch
Player trade Ronke

Possibly DFA/trade Cockatoo

Petracca off the table.

For me this leaves B.Crouch as the standout candidate as the primary focus as a RFA.
De goey will re sign
People will want to talk about Gaff but I just don’t see the marriage with the Hawks unless Mitchell is heavily involved.
There will always be the GWS well to dip into... Caldwell, O’Halloran & Hately. Hately would be a nice addition to the Hawks at a nice size and senior experience as a junior.
Caldwell... gws extension
I’d chase O’Halloran.

trade O’Halloran...#
RFA Crouch
Player trade Ronke

Possibly DFA/trade Cockatoo
Agree re Cockatoo!

Don't agree re: Crouch. Got Mitchell & Worpel inside already & Crouch can't play anywhere else. Fine player, but I reckon we need different from our $700k (FA cost more).

Williams every day, of course that's until Gil has bags of money delivered to his house.

Brad Crouch adds absolutely nothing that we don't already have in the side. We have enough tough average paced ball winning accumulators with decent skills (Worpel, O'Meara, Shiels and Mitchell), that's clearly one of our strengths. We need class.

Was nice to hear Wrighty confirm on radio that we had a massive crack at trying to bring Hill back in 2018 but just couldn't get it done (due to other activity Chad, Scully, Scrim)

It seems really weird that we didn’t have a harder crack this year if this is true. Our targets were moneyball acquisitions (Frost/Patton) and we did have the currency to give.

It could be that St. Kilda made Hill an offer he couldn’t refuse after our failure. Or perhaps our pursuit of Coniglio meant we put Hill on the back-burner.

Agree re Cockatoo!

Don't agree re: Crouch. Got Mitchell & Worpel inside already & Crouch can't play anywhere else. Fine player, but I reckon we need different from our $700k (FA cost more).

Exactly. This isn't AFL Fantasy where dealing with. The extra cash needs to be spent on some outside dash. If you could get him then someone like Zac Williams from GWS. Actually come to think about it he's exactly what we need as he could slot into Hardwick's position in the backline and then move Hardwick into the forward line as pressure forward. I know the consensus will be that you can't poach GWS players because blah blah blah 'GilWS' etc but at some point with the recent resigning of Cogs, Whitfield and more than likely Jeremy Cameron something will eventually have to give and that something just might be Williams. GWS will also have to keep $$$ aside for there next bunch of young guys like Caldwell, Hately, Taylor, O'Halloran, Hill who all look like there gonna be good players.

With Impey to be come back late this year (or next) and with the phasing out of Puopolo I reckon this type of move (getting Williams) is perfect. How much do we think would be enough $$$ wise to pry him out of GWS?

Edit: Ha ha. SuperSic I only read your comment re Zac Williams after catching up to this thread. Good to see that I'm not the only one 👍

Last edited:
Exactly. This isn't AFL Fantasy where dealing with. The extra cash needs to be spent on some outside dash. If you could get him then someone like Zac Williams from GWS. Actually come to think about it he's exactly what we need as he could slot into Hardwick's position in the backline and then move Hardwick into the forward line as pressure forward. I know the consensus will be that you can't poach GWS players because blah blah blah 'GilWS' etc but at some point with the recent resigning of Cogs, Whitfield and more than likely Jeremy Cameron something will eventually have to give and that something just might be Williams. GWS will also have to keep $$$ aside for there next bunch of young guys like Caldwell, Hately, Taylor, O'Halloran, Hill who all look like there gonna be good players.

With Impey to be come back late this year (or next) and with the phasing out of Puopolo I reckon this type of move (getting Williams) is perfect. How much do we think would be enough $$$ wise to pry him out of GWS?
Honestly think around the 800k would be what we need to get him, purely due to the inflated GWS pay scale.

Honestly think around the 800k would be what we need to get him, purely due to the inflated GWS pay scale.

800k was around the figure I had in my head too. The amount of years is what I feel Williams might feel is just as important as much as the $$$. It's important to remember that he did do an Achilles a couple of years back. It hasn't seemed to effect his speed / explosiveness so I wouldn't be against going after him with a huge offer but 5 years might not be something where willing to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think it would take $$$ wise to pry him out of WC?
I'm not sure money would be the main factor, tbh...What he's on now, plus a bit, maybe? Don't think a 'Godfather" offer would be required.

Zac Williams is my pick of the bunch, he would be a perfect fit for our list. Love him as a player
As much chance of prying a high production Giant away from Gil’s mills as we are of trading in Bontempelli.

Agree re Cockatoo!

Williams is the only other player that fits a need for Hawthorn and out of contract but GWS would be crazy to let him go.
Mitchell, Jaeger, Shiels, Worpell and Wingard isn’t deep enough IMO as starting quality mids

Williams is the only other player that fits a need for Hawthorn and out of contract but GWS would be crazy to let him go.
Mitchell, Jaeger, Shiels, Worpell and Wingard isn’t deep enough IMO as starting quality mids
Agree - need more depth, but I think it has to be more like Wingard, not more like Mitchell

It seems really weird that we didn’t have a harder crack this year if this is true. Our targets were moneyball acquisitions (Frost/Patton) and we did have the currency to give.

It could be that St. Kilda made Hill an offer he couldn’t refuse after our failure. Or perhaps our pursuit of Coniglio meant we put Hill on the back-burner.
GW playing propagandist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back