List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Lonie will be squeezed out of saints now

would like him on the cheap ala Butler last year

Jack Lonie will be squeezed out of saints now

would like him on the cheap ala Butler last year

Rather just play Mahoney

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah potentially but if cheap I’d take Lonie and gives us another small forward option with pace

Either way, not fussed. If we got him cheap why not if we didn’t bother that’s fine too

Rather just play Mahoney

Just play kayne turner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've missed my point.

Let's say you start with pick 10

A bid comes in for someone else's FS player at 6, which is matched by that team. Your pick 10 is actually now going to be pick 11.

A bid comes in for your Academy player at pick 8. You choose to match. Do you match it with the points of pick 10, or do you match it with the points of pick 11? To put another way: do the points you get come from your original draft position before the draft started, or the position at which you are scheduled to draft at the time when it's time to match someone's bid?
I get what you are saying. Pick 10 is 1395.
Someone bids on a father son / academy player at pick 6. Club matches the bid.
Your Pick 10 now becomes Pick 11 (1329 points).

If a club bids on your academy player at pick 8, you use pick 11's points value (not the original 10).
Having said that, you get a 20% discount on that bid, so you still will be right using Pick 11 to match a pick 8 bid.

Essentially, it is the pick you have at the time the bid comes in, not when you started.

Melbourne have traded Braydon Preuss to the GWS GIANTS for its R2 selection (31)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back