List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s probably fair, but I really wouldn’t want to do that.
I'd say our window stretches until next year, after that losing Boak/Gray/Ebo/Rocky will likely drop us back to the 5-9 bracket for a couple of years before Rozzee/Butters/X/Marshall(?)/Ladhams hit their prime and can form the core of the playing group. Merrett is much more useful that George next year, with the added bonus that he is only 24 and will stick with the younger group when the window (potentially) opens up again in a few years.

I'd say our window stretches until next year, after that losing Boak/Gray/Ebo/Rocky will likely drop us back to the 5-9 bracket for a couple of years before Rozzee/Butters/X/Marshall(?)/Ladhams hit their prime and can form the core of the playing group. Merrett is much more useful that George next year, with the added bonus that he is only 24 and will stick with the younger group when the window (potentially) opens up again in a few years.
This is all probably true, but without putting too much pressure on Georgiades, I think he has the potential to be anything and would hate to trade him because watching him become a top 10 player in the league elsewhere would be painful.
I wouldn’t hesitate to package next years first up with something if Merrett was available though.

How is recruiting Merrett meant to nullify losing Boak/Gray/Ebert/Rockliff that you suggest would drop us to 5-9? That he is more useful that Georgiades next year doesn't mean that much if our window is closed until our younger players are near their peak. Mitch isn't exactly a skinny project tall, he should be near the mark when Rozee/Butters/Duursma/Marshall are our core.

Trading Georgiadis would bite us in the ass so hard...would be like Kennedy to WC.
Whilst I agree trading MG could bite us and I feel MG will be a very good player for us, you need to keep in mind JK was a former no. 4 pick and I wouldn't liken the two in the slightest.

To get midfield quality of merretts calibre we will need to give up something significant that will not sit well with supporters in the short term, that's the nature of trading, you don't get the goose that lays the golden eggs with magic beans in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't really know how to rate Merrett.

Fantasy god yet you never hear him rated in the upper echelon of midfielders.. and he certainly hasn't done Essendon's cause any good.

Very hesitant to sell the farm for him.

Fantasy god yet you never hear him rated in the upper echelon of midfielders.. and he certainly hasn't done Essendon's cause any good.

Sounds like Lachie Neale pre Brisbane...

I’m a hard no to Zac though

Is a gun but it's not happening we don't have currency and definitely not selling the farm for him.
If any thing plant the seed wait until next yr were he will be free no need to deal with dodo if they match then oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back