2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My bad, it wasn't 80% of the murder, it was 80% of the crime

There is no reason to believe it is anywhere near that high.

The 80% figure from the story you quoted has been attributed to "many communities" - while in some inner city, gang dominated areas that could be so, but that certainly isn't representative of the country as a whole.

In reality, the proportion of crime attributed to gangs is around 1/4 to 1/3 of the 80% you stated.

There is no reason to believe it is anywhere near that high.
The reason to suspect it would be the huge number of young black men who are murdered, involved in drug trafficking and violent crime.

Now that doesn't mean they are all gang affiliated, but it's reasonable to suspect it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason to suspect it would be the huge number of young black men who are murdered, involved in drug trafficking and violent crime.

Now that doesn't mean they are all gang affiliated, but it's reasonable to suspect it.
The stats I showed you just showed it simply isn't anywhere near that high.

You think it is reasonable to expect a crime involving a black person is gang related?

Just admit your number was wrong.

You think 80% of US murders are related to young black men??
Do I?

We know over half of the murders in the USA are committed by African Americans.

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness.

I agree with Robbie's position that in specific communities there could be 80% of the crime being committed by young black gang members.

Do I?

We know over half of the murders in the USA are committed by African Americans.

I agree with Robbie's position that in specific communities there could be 80% of the crime being committed by young black gang members.
You're the one still trying to justify your original post, which was a lie.
Don't try and tar RobbieK with your assertions. He is correcting your misinformation.

In these heightened times with growing racial tensions you should try to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

The stats I showed you just showed it simply isn't anywhere near that high.

You think it is reasonable to expect a crime involving a black person is gang related?

Just admit your number was wrong.
I do think it's reasonable to suspect a crime involving black and Hispanic men are gang/cartel related.

93% of black homicide was on a black victim. 9% higher than the white on white from a significantly smaller pool.

I would expect drug trafficking and murder to be heavily over represented by gang and cartel members, black and Hispanic, than solo enterprises and they should be looked into by law enforcement to see if that is the case.

Which they do.

You're the one still trying to justify your original post, which was a lie.
Don't try and tar RobbieK with your assertions. He is correcting your misinformation.

In these heightened times with growing racial tensions you should try to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
If we can't discuss the problem, being the massive divide in the crime stats, then we can't start talking solutions.

Young black men in particular could do with a better start than 70% broken homes.

If we can't discuss the problem, being the massive divide in the crime stats, then we can't start talking solutions.

Young black men in particular could do with a better start than 70% broken homes.
You didn't want to discuss the problem.

You said that 80% of murders are from gangs and cartels... as a reason to increase border protection.
You were corrected on your misinformation.
You then said it's 80% of crimes.
You were corrected on your misinformation.
You then linked it to young black men.
And now... you're pretending you were just trying to have a discussion about young black men making up 70% of break ins...

Don't pretend anyone is stopping you from discussing the problems, but yourself.

I do think it's reasonable to suspect a crime involving black and Hispanic men are gang/cartel related.

93% of black homicide was on a black victim. 9% higher than the white on white from a significantly smaller pool.

I would expect drug trafficking and murder to be heavily over represented by gang and cartel members, black and Hispanic, than solo enterprises and they should be looked into by law enforcement to see if that is the case.

Which they do.

Taylor, I'm not going to continue discussing this with you. Your numbers were wrong. You tried to reframe your statement, and the numbers, again, were wrong. We can keep doing this ad nauseum, but maybe instead you should just acknowledge you were wrong rather than continuing to double down with what is now taking an increasingly racist turn?

The problem isn't that we can't discuss this problem on principle. The problem is that you can't discuss this problem without leaning back on "facts" that are simply not true.

This is getting a little off topic. Perhaps a new thread about why black Americans are criminals could be started?
All the studies clearly show it's a biological problem with people with dark skin.

Nothing at all to do with socioeconomic situations, or systemic issues in society.

It's the skin colour!

All the studies clearly show it's a biological problem with people with dark skin.

Nothing at all to do with socioeconomic situations, or systemic issues in society.

It's the skin colour!

Don't, you are gunna get the eugenics fanbois all excited again

Taylor, I'm not going to continue discussing this with you. Your numbers were wrong. You tried to reframe your statement, and the numbers, again, were wrong. We can keep doing this ad nauseum, but maybe instead you should just acknowledge you were wrong rather than continuing to double down with what is now taking an increasingly racist turn?

The problem isn't that we can't discuss this problem on principle. The problem is that you can't discuss this problem without leaning back on "facts" that are simply not true.
I didn't dispute that I was wrong, I showed you where I got my misconception from. I explained where my position came from.

That's all you're going to get on it.

It's the skin colour!
That's gross.

There is a massive internal cultural issue reinforcing the spiral too, starting at the number of children who grow up in broken homes.

Back