NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The NFL will hold an in-person draft April 29 to May 1 with limited attendance and protocols for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
The leagues announced Monday that "a select number of prospects, fans and media crews will be on-site" for the draft, and that fans attending draft activities "will be required to wear face coverings and adhere to appropriate physical distancing." Some draft prospects will participate virtually, and all fans seated near the main stage -- where commissioner Roger Goodell will announce the picks -- will be fully vaccinated. Last year, with most of the country going into lockdown, the NFL held a virtual draft featuring Bill Belichick's dog, among other memorable characters. The proceedings will be slightly more normal in 2021 with COVID cases ebbing and vaccination rates on the rise.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Mar 22, 2021, 9:42 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy sh*t! And his SS and 3-cone are unbelievable too (4.21 and 6.83)

Makes you wonder how he couldn't even get 1 sack

Penn State generally play 3-4 - he's more an OLB. But it's that draft thing where 3-4 OLB isn't as draftable as "edge rusher", which then becomes defensive end.

Still, he has the height and the frame to put on a little weight and be a defensive end.

There hasn't been a great 1st round TE since Greg Olsen

I know everyone keeps saying what a transcendent talent he is, but man I'm terrified of the Eagles taking him at 6. There just seem surer bets to me.

If Kiper's mock this week is right and the top 4 ends up a QB sweepstakes, and if Sewell somehow fell to us at 6, it's an absolute no-brainer. Otherwise it has to be Chase.

(If the experts are all completely wrong, and if our own BF mock draft is closer to how QBs end up being treated, Fields is the one I'd want. The fact he's fallen from the 2nd ranked QB since zero games have been played proves how ridiculous this silly season is.)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles were interested to trading up to No. 3 overall, but only for BYU QB Zach Wilson.
In other words, the Jets are locked in at Wilson at No. 2. Rather comically, Rapoport has since been forced to walk this back, presumably after he was told he let a little too much information slip. We are going to assume the original report was accurate. After their designs on No. 3 were thwarted, the Eagles instead moved down to No. 12, getting a 2022 first-rounder from the Dolphins for the price of sliding only six spots. With Wilson seemingly the guy at No. 2, it would seem North Dakota State QB Trey Lance is the 49ers' most likely target at No. 3.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 26, 2021, 1:41 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back