Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast's drawing power at home has nothing to do with how many supporters they get to a Thursday night game interstate when borders are shut.

GC wouldn't have got 5K let alone 10K, that's the point I was making and backed up by facts! I provided their attendances all on a Saturday.
One can only imagine if they played on a thurs with tickets only going on sale the same day!

GC wouldn't have got 5K let alone 10K, that's the point I was making and backed up by facts! I provided their attendances all on a Saturday.
One can only imagine if they played on a thurs with tickets only going on sale the same day!
I know but the original post was clearly tongue in cheek I don't think you needed to take it so personally.

It's school holidays on GC and 11k vs Carlton would be a decent comparison for an attendance vs Richmond if there was some time for tickets to be sold (GC's historical attendance vs Richmond at Metricon is 17.4k - apply a 30% discount for covid is still 11k.). But you're right, tickets sold on the same day is the killer.

I know but the original post was clearly tongue in cheek I don't think you needed to take it so personally.

It's school holidays on GC and 11k vs Carlton would be a decent comparison for an attendance vs Richmond if there was some time for tickets to be sold (GC's historical attendance vs Richmond at Metricon is 17.4k - apply a 30% discount for covid is still 11k.). But you're right, tickets sold on the same day is the killer.

Perhaps it was, but if you're going to make up a furphy even at Richmonds expense, you have to expect that you will get a reply back with some facts.
Only 2 times they have recorded over 10K this year and one of them was against the lions (12K).

I guess im still in shock that we lost to GC of all teams, anyway, hope crowds can be lifted to min 50% next week. Rich V Pies at the G

Lol no you wouldn't thats factually wrong!!! Last night you literally had 50-100 people there!!!
When teams play you guys at Metricon they get a few thousand of their own supporters, which helps bump up your already low attendances.

Your Metricon games this year!

6K V North (Saturday)
11K V blues (Saturday)
9K V Swans (Saturday)
9K V Saints (Saturday)
12K V Lions (Saturday)
7K V Power (Saturday)
You just shot yourself there in the foot. If gold coast got the same crowd as Richmond against a smaller St kilda side, then they're definitely getting more people to their game against Richmond

GC V Rich - 9,327

With tickets going on sale the same day as the game, and with work tomorrow, that attendance is more than ok.
Terrible crowd. For a supposed big 4 club, Richmond's drawing power is seemingly at question. How is it that Brisbane lions who had a late fixture shift in a Sunday afternoon on mother's day was able to get 15k at the Gabba, but Richmond couldn't even get 10k on a primetime game on a Thursday night.

Also, I don't think there has been 1 impressive crowd at the AFL in Victoria all season. Perth has shown you guys up massively this year and I wonder if they will continue to do so in the future.

Terrible crowd. For a supposed big 4 club, Richmond's drawing power is seemingly at question. How is it that Brisbane lions who had a late fixture shift in a Sunday afternoon on mother's day was able to get 15k at the Gabba, but Richmond couldn't even get 10k on a primetime game on a Thursday night.

Also, I don't think there has been 1 impressive crowd at the AFL in Victoria all season. Perth has shown you guys up massively this year and I wonder if they will continue to do so in the future.

Well for starters, it wasn’t their home game.

You just shot yourself there in the foot. If gold coast got the same crowd as Richmond against a smaller St kilda side, then they're definitely getting more people to their game against Richmond

Were you able to comprehend my post i guess not. I provided facts, that clearly show that all their crowds at Metricon were on a sat and only twice got over 10K with one of them being the lions.

Secondly, if the game was on a thurs working day the next day and tickets only going on sale the same day. They have buckleys and none of getting 5K at Metricon.

Last edited:
You seem to be quite defensive, even though you have no evidence to suggest otherwise. Maybe you should take the L and accept that Richmond's crowd last night was weak and move on.

Nah not defensive, I am simply replying to your nonsense post, no evidence LOL there it is below. All Saturday games and none on a Thurs with tickets going on sale the same day. Those are the facts.

GC Metricon Crowds this year!

6K V North (Saturday)
11K V blues (Saturday)
9K V Swans (Saturday)
9K V Saints (Saturday)
12K V Lions (Saturday)
7K V Power (Saturday)

Last edited:
Does that 25K limit include most of if not all of the corporate seating?

Dogs North has sold out on level 1 and 2 and is about to sell out on level 3 but I bet come Sunday we don’t get over 18,000.

The unavoidable challenge is that, rightly, members are given first chance to "redeem their tickets" however as the cost is next to nothing (if not nothing) so people are clearly doing so but not going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back on track.....

Half decent TV numbers last night, being the highest rating non news show in Melbourne Adelaide and Perth. Not appalling in Sydney or Brisbane either, getting roughly the same audience in each city as the Storm game got in Melbourne (probably greater audience overall given the longer run time).

Another Zero dsy today. If they don’t increase it to 75% next week with perhaps a 50,000 limit at the MCG it’s a disgrace. There’s no logical reason to not move on crowds in Victoria next week other than overly cautious bureaucrats who don’t have a sense of reality and understanding of what people are going through.

It’s about time the AFL and it’s stakeholders start to influence next weeks outcomes rather than being told what to do and being complicit.
Agree.

I see no reason why the MCG shouldn't be allowed to hold 50,000 people this week. There's been no local cases for a few days and all the local cases of the past week have come from immediate close contacts (e.g families transmitting in the same household).

Agree.

I see no reason why the MCG shouldn't be allowed to hold 50,000 people this week. There's been no local cases for a few days and all the local cases of the past week have come from immediate close contacts (e.g families transmitting in the same household).
Its not just about the AFL its about keeping ALL of Victoria safe!
I doubt that any of the matches would get 50,000 to the MCG this weekend anyway going on recent crowds that have all failed to get even 25,000!

They said on telly it had reached its restricted capacity of 18000 but still not bad considering the circumstances.
Very good actually considering the terrible weather!Now lets see how the double header at the G goes today.
Hopefully both games get close to the 25,000 limit but it will be up to the Melbourne and Carlton members to show up.

So a couple of interesting games tonight.

Hawks/Power - Hopefully it cracks 20,000 for the milestone match. Although I feel like it will be around 16-18,000.

Freo/Blues - Dockers home game but free access to all the Blues AFL/MCC members. Not a genuine comparison to Suns/Tigers for any fans looking for a trolling opportunity. No MCC access and small AFL members enclosure at Marvel and is also less accessible and fan friendly a venue generally.
The Blues have around 13,000 AFL/MCC members that can access this match free.
This should draw 15,000+ without a doubt.

So a couple of interesting games tonight.

Hawks/Power - Hopefully it cracks 20,000 for the milestone match. Although I feel like it will be around 16-18,000.

Freo/Blues - Dockers home game but free access to all the Blues AFL/MCC members. Not a genuine comparison to Suns/Tigers for any fans looking for a trolling opportunity. No MCC access and small AFL members enclosure at Marvel and is also less accessible and fan friendly a venue generally.
The Blues have around 13,000 AFL/MCC members that can access this match free.
This should draw 15,000+ without a doubt.
I hope your right but I think it will be lucky to reach 15,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back