Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Callow is the third youngest player on the list behind S.Mitchell and Brockman. He ain’t going nowhere.
He has a 6 month contract does he not?

Kosi looks the safest bet of the 4 with some proven AFL performances and athletic traits.

I like what Jeka and Callow have done in the seconds. I’ve got hopes for both. But until they show it at AFL level they are speculative. We couldn’t move on a 21 key forward who has shown AFL form for guys who have only shown state league form.

If Lewis makes it as a long term decent AFL player I will be happy. But I can’t see him being better than that or a star.
I'm pretty confident Lewis will be a special player.

He's my pick to improve rapidly as the team & forward delivery improves.

Hope you’re right, but I don’t see that.
I see his ceiling as a solid 3rd option up forward who can give ruck relief in the forward half.
It doesn't happen often, but I've got a good feeling about this one!

I'm open to us trading Kosi for the right amount which would be a pick between 15 and 25. We have Jeka, Callow and Lewis in the same age group and all of them can't play together. Yes he brings great pressure for a big bloke but he would hold the most trade value. If Collingwood had a pick in this region he'd be perfect for them. They don't so possibly Freo, North or GWS might come calling?
Time to go to bed

idk i would be happy to see callow get a game and another contact for next year but i think its more likely that he wont be on our list next season unless Sam really likes him

we did overlook him 3 times before actually selecting him
I’d say that’s very doubtful, hardworking key forwards don’t grow on trees; just see Sam’s comments.

I don’t know why overlooking him plays a factor either, we pushed him to work on things at Norwood and he did (and dominated) the kid sounds determined to play AFL and his got mits for hands.

Jackson Callow (14 disposals, 8 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals)
"He made a very solid contribution. His four contested marks were a strong feature. His work-rate meant he was the highest red zone runner for our side."

Callow could step in and play a role right now.
I don't know why he isn't coming in to take Hartigan's place at FB.

Kosi is doing exceptionally well for a guy who hasn't yet played 20 games.
He's tracking about the same as Max King's first 20 games - taken with pick 6!

Not that it's Kozzie's fault but his ceiling is nowhere near max kings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it's Kozzie's fault but his ceiling is nowhere near max kings.
...and you know that, how?
The guy kicked 5 goals in the pre-season and his 5th game - in just his first season of football AND first as a forward.
+2 goals in six games this season in the second worst performing team.

I'm open to us trading Kosi for the right amount which would be a pick between 15 and 25. We have Jeka, Callow and Lewis in the same age group and all of them can't play together. Yes he brings great pressure for a big bloke but he would hold the most trade value. If Collingwood had a pick in this region he'd be perfect for them. They don't so possibly Freo, North or GWS might come calling?

I'd consider moving Kosi as part of a package that got us GC's first pick, or one of their young stars. They want a key forward partner for King and they don't grow on trees.

15-25 just lets us replace him with a draftee like Van Rooyen or Williams. Our recruiters might know better but I don't see that as a big win.

I'd consider moving Kosi as part of a package that got us GC's first pick, or one of their young stars. They want a key forward partner for King and they don't grow on trees.

15-25 just lets us replace him with a draftee like Van Rooyen or Williams. Our recruiters might know better but I don't see that as a big win.

So who are we aiming to get with the draft pick for our most hopeful young key forward talent?

I assume someone brilliant ?

The trade Kosi talk
We're no chance of trading Kosi. Honestly.

Agree, just wont happen unless someone offered a top 5 pick which which is highly unlikely

Can’t see how we would let Callow go as well, no reason we shouldn’t at least offer him a one year rookie contract next year

kozzie shows potential but someone saying trade him for a late 1st isn't being crazy, no certainty that he'll end up being a quality AFL forward at this point. In saying that I can't see him being traded.
You’d be thrilled if a late first round pick key forward had a couple AFL bags to their name in their first 20 games. In this absolute dumpster fire of a year, Kosis unexpected development as a promising key forward is probably the second best thing to happen in my view (behind CJ). There’s no way we throw that away and start again with a draft pick. Won’t happen.

So lets get rid of our best one and look at the trees to possibly get one as good.

I can’t decide if this is crazy or brilliant(trading one of our current talls). Maybe both.

I obviously think the big thing would be if the scouts consider that those available in the draft have a much higher ceiling as a key forward than what we’ve currently got on the list(wouldn’t surprise me as all our key goals are late/speculative picks) and if that was the case then I could certainly understand making that move.

Jye Amiss is another doing good things in WA.

I’d say that’s very doubtful, hardworking key forwards don’t grow on trees; just see Sam’s comments.

I don’t know why overlooking him plays a factor either, we pushed him to work on things at Norwood and he did (and dominated) the kid sounds determined to play AFL and his got mits for hands.

Jackson Callow (14 disposals, 8 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals)
"He made a very solid contribution. His four contested marks were a strong feature. His work-rate meant he was the highest red zone runner for our side."

i just think we should prepare for the fact that there's probably a 50/50 chance we dont renew his contract for next year

i reckon the club would take its chances drafting a KPP in the draft with a 2nd or 3rd rounder as opposed to a bloke who was passed on by 18 clubs 3 times

i haven't watched much of him at all so this is not my opinion on him as a player. I would be super happy for him if we gave him another year or two. I'm just basing it off the reality of where he was selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back