Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

PSD threat Jordan Dawson, flick one of our early seconds for him. Absolute gun. Play him on the wing or in defence and move a defender up the ground.

Trade out one or two senior mids and PSD/junk trade for Jack Redden as a team-first mid who can play in the square or wing who loves Sam. Helps bridge the gap to when our younger mids and draftees will be ready to step up.

Trade out one or two senior mids and PSD/junk trade for Jack Redden as a team-first mid who can play in the square or wing who loves Sam. Helps bridge the gap to when our younger mids and draftees will be ready to step up.
Just to confirm, you want to trade out two senior mids + more, to secure Jack Redden?

So like Shiels + Tom/JO'M, for Redden?

Just to confirm, you want to trade out two senior mids + more, to secure Jack Redden?

So like Shiels + Tom/JO'M, for Redden?

No, not at all. Get a 30 year old out of contract Redden on the cheap (PSD or future 3rd/4th kind of deal) and do separate deal/s with other senior mids to bring in draft capital.

“I’m really good mates with him and have built such a good relationship with him. He’s very good around the club with football. I’ll miss him personally and I’m sure the club will.”

This is another article showing what kind of character and player Redden is:

I'm open to us trading Kosi for the right amount which would be a pick between 15 and 25. We have Jeka, Callow and Lewis in the same age group and all of them can't play together. Yes he brings great pressure for a big bloke but he would hold the most trade value. If Collingwood had a pick in this region he'd be perfect for them. They don't so possibly Freo, North or GWS might come calling?

I'm open to us trading Kosi for the right amount which would be a pick between 15 and 25. We have Jeka, Callow and Lewis in the same age group and all of them can't play together. Yes he brings great pressure for a big bloke but he would hold the most trade value. If Collingwood had a pick in this region he'd be perfect for them. They don't so possibly Freo, North or GWS might come calling?
Madness. Lewis is average. Jeka and Callow have shown very good signs at state leagues but nothing at AFL. Kosi just turned 21 and has a couple AFL bags to his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callow could well be back in the SANFL next year.

We’d be crazy to trade Kosi, Lewis or Jeka after literally spending all summer filling threads with talk about how we didn’t have any key forwards behind Gunston and Lewis.

Madness. Lewis is average. Jeka and Callow have shown very good signs at state leagues but nothing at AFL. Kosi just turned 21 and has a couple AFL bags to his name.
Possibly madness but this is a hypothetical thought to enable us to grab more top end quality in the draft. Callow is showing a lot as a first year player (can take a contested grab) Lewis could be anything with some confidence and Jeka looks classy further up the ground with his skills. Very risky as Kosi could turn out great but I believe it's potentially a risk/reward scenario worth looking at.

We’d be crazy to trade Kosi, Lewis or Jeka after literally spending all summer filling threads with talk about how we didn’t have any key forwards behind Gunston and Lewis.
Callow will not be anywhere but an AFL list for some time to come imo

I feel we would be doing a massive injustice to the kid for us not to give him another year.

I feel we would be doing a massive injustice to the kid for us not to give him another year.
I rate Kosi but we need more picks earlier in the draft and I believe he would hold the most currency. I have faith that at least 2 of Jeka, Callow and Lewis can become good players capable of taking us forward.

What

What don't you like about him? He's a first year player taking heaps of contested marks and shows some mongrel. IMO. I'm putting this out there for some food for thought.
It's not what I don't like about him - I can't believe he's not playing every game into season's end - not sure your/my opinion will keep him on a list though.

For the first time in a long time we finally have four young key forwards on the list and some of ya’ll want to trade Lewis and Koschitzke? Delist Callow? :oops:

Callow is the third youngest player on the list behind S.Mitchell and Brockman. He ain’t going nowhere.

Lewis 22 (33 games)
Koschitzke 21 (17 games)
Jeka 19 (4 games)
Callow 19

Possibly madness but this is a hypothetical thought to enable us to grab more top end quality in the draft. Callow is showing a lot as a first year player (can take a contested grab) Lewis could be anything with some confidence and Jeka looks classy further up the ground with his skills. Very risky as Kosi could turn out great but I believe it's potentially a risk/reward scenario worth looking at.
Kosi looks the safest bet of the 4 with some proven AFL performances and athletic traits.

I like what Jeka and Callow have done in the seconds. I’ve got hopes for both. But until they show it at AFL level they are speculative. We couldn’t move on a 21 key forward who has shown AFL form for guys who have only shown state league form.

If Lewis makes it as a long term decent AFL player I will be happy. But I can’t see him being better than that or a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back