Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

By the way, I am still to receive any confirmation Cerra is available to us or we are prepared to move. All I do know is he is not enamoured with Lyon, my family contact has gone to ground.

That said, if we are looking to “change up and provide some variety to our midfield look then he makes great sense”.

I also support focusing heavily on a mid in the Draft, two if TMitch were to move.

Don’t count out “a suite of experienced players like Cegs, Jack, Shiela, perhaps one of our second rounds to GC for a first rounder”
You can rule it out because Gold Coast are tight for list spots - they only have one uncontracted player and will have to cut contracted players and re-draft as rookies just to take the minimum three picks at the draft. Also none of our players want to move to the Gold Coast

Maybe Brisbane could put an offer to us for Gunston since they have two first round draft picks with picks 15 & 17. they could maybe give us pick 17 and we give them our 2nd round pick (23) as we have two 21 & 23 and they give us their 3rd round pick in 48. (as they do not have a 2nd round pick).

So we would then have pick 5,17,21,48,56,67, while they would get Gunston, and have pick 15,23,57,72,
Brisbane have no cap space and have said they are taking their high end picks to the draft. They won't be trading in anyone.

Well now with Hickmont at the Hawks he and Mitchel would knowthe Eagles list better than anyone.

Who will they want?

Harry Edwards sure.

Brander is a like for like for Gunstan's role.

Eagles were keen on Brockman in the draft.

On a related note Jamison at the Eagles was drafted as a ruck, is starting to play really well as a 200cm chb in the WAFL so the Eagles could trade Edwards without needing to replace him. They just need another ruck prospect.

Edwards was also the highest rated Hawks fan in AFL fantasy 😂

Harry Edwards is the 200cm 90kg key defender we should have a good look at.

20yrs old and he’s going to be behind, McGovern, Barass, Brander for some time.

pretty sure he's also a Hawks supporter... and i say that in the present tense despite the fact he plays for WCE

HolyRioli beat me to it

pretty sure he's also a Hawks supporter... and i say that in the present tense despite the fact he plays for WCE

HolyRioli beat me to it
Wikipedia has him listed Height @ 204 cm. Just seen a photo of him standing next to Joe Daniher on the weekend and he was noticeably taller. Joe listed as 201cm.

The body shape is exactly what our backline needs. Can he play?

Wikipedia has him listed Height @ 204 cm. Just seen a photo of him standing next to Joe Daniher on the weekend and he was noticeably taller. Joe listed as 201cm.

The body shape is exactly what our backline needs. Can he play?

I like what I've seen.

Harry Edwards is exactly the type of player we should be targeting. 204cm so perfect size to play on the guerrillas, only 21 years old and would essentially have our backline sorted. Shown some really promising signs at AFL level as a young KPD but finds himself behind Barass & McGovern.

If he was OOC things would be easier but him being contracted for next year means WC can stand their ground.

If Edwards is as good a prospect as suggested, Eagles would be crazy to trade him given their list. Better off moving on McGovern, or even Barrass.

Eagles list is cooked and in need of a rebuild. You hold onto young key position talent when at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Edwards is exactly the type of player we should be targeting. 204cm so perfect size to play on the guerrillas, only 21 years old and would essentially have our backline sorted. Shown some really promising signs at AFL level as a young KPD but finds himself behind Barass & McGovern.

If he was OOC things would be easier but him being contracted for next year means WC can stand their ground.
Would you swap Brockman for him?

Started off this season with a 7 goal outing

Hopefully Port crash and burn over the next two seasons. It may be hard to convince him to nominate us if they've moved back to Adelaide, with Port challenging, whilst we are still rebuilding. Though all he's ever known is Hawthorn growing up.

Plays a very different role to Moore - I see him as more a FP with good defensive abilities that rotates through the midfield than a HHF type.

It's early for both SMitch & Saunders but Laurie is likely further developed in a FP role than they are in the small forward role, so they'd not be keeping him out - he'd certainly contribute more than Ollie has - put it that way.
Were had immense interest in him last years draft but missed out!

Hopefully Port crash and burn over the next two seasons. It may be hard to convince him to nominate us if they've moved back to Adelaide, with Port challenging, whilst we are still rebuilding. Though all he's ever known is Hawthorn growing up.
You'd think he'd be privy to the insights as to why his dad left in the first place. And if there was any doubts as to whether or not things are better more recently I'm sure Wingard would be glad to have a word with him.

All of his school friends will be in Melb.

IMG_2079.JPG
Is this accurate, If so why are we into Liam Duggan, only 24, ready made mid, with a defensive side to his game, basically a Shiels replacement, second or third pick should get it done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1217499
Is this accurate, If so why are we into Liam Duggan, only 24, ready made mid, with a defensive side to his game, basically a Shiels replacement, second or third pick should get it done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Having a look at that list and spotted Will Gould’s name, has he debut for the swans yet? From memory was highly touted! What has happened to him?

Last edited:
Having a look at that list and spotted Will Gould’s name, has he debuted for the swans yet? From memory was highly touted! What has happened to him?
Nah hasn't debuted yet

Would Brett Bewley be of any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back