Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I can’t get excited about Schultz.

I can just see him taking the spot of Moore or Mitchell or Brockman.

He was right. Hawthorn are his worst win/loss ratio at 8-13 and he has his third lowest average output against us, only putting in worse performances against Collingwood and Richmond, with Geelong and Richmond being the only other clubs with a negative win/loss ratio.

#shootingfromthehipisthetarget
Haha 🤦🏼‍♂️
Considering he played a fair chunk of his time against a 3 peat team, an almost 3 peat team and a club that just stays up I’m not surprised by the win loss ratio.
Nice job 👍🏼 🤣

Haha 🤦🏼‍♂️
Considering he played a fair chunk of his time against a 3 peat team, an almost 3 peat team and a club that just stays up I’m not surprised by the win loss ratio.
Nice job 👍🏼 🤣

You're talking like they were an average team when we won those premierships, they were top 4 every year. He's also played 6 years now following those flags, in one of those seasons they made the GF and we didn't.

👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣 👍🏼 🤣

I’d be happy to chase Schulz - Breust isn’t going to be around for ever sadly, and one common thing they have is tidy was in front of goals

I can, i have no idea about his stats but every time i have seen him i have been impressed.

He brings something different to Moore and Brockman, i am by no means desperate to get him but i would think he can potentially be a best 22 player in a finals team.

Pick 56 for Josh Battle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like that's a funny way to look at it.

IF he takes the spot of another player it is because he is outperforming them, which can only be a good thing. If those 3 keep Shultz out of the side, that is also a good thing and doesn't matter if Schultz was free anyway. Secondly, Mitchell has not earnt a spot yet in the first place - he may be AFL quality, he may not. Thirdly, Breust needs replacing sooner or later too and fourthly, if all 4 are performing to a high level, you just adjust your structure to accommodate the assets you have (just as Richmond did with their small forwards).

What makes you think Brockman or Mitchell are ahead of this Shultz guy?

Or guaranteed to be best 22 as one has not played a game yet and the other has played less than 6 games.

Also, after Breust retirement there will be two FP free spots and one HFF which Moore has already solidified so three forward spots there for the taking if anyone is good enough on our list to make their own.

Shultz we salute you so some come on down and try your best my boy😁👍👌

IF he takes the spot of another player it is because he is outperforming them, which can only be a good thing. If those 3 keep Shultz out of the side, that is also a good thing and doesn't matter if Schultz was free anyway. Secondly, Mitchell has not earnt a spot yet in the first place - he may be AFL quality, he may not. Thirdly, Breust needs replacing sooner or later too and fourthly, if all 4 are performing to a high level, you just adjust your structure to accommodate the assets you have (just as Richmond did with their small forwards).

yeah if we had to give up capital for him i could see why we'd be hesitant but as a free hit i don't see why more depth in a really important area of the ground would be a bad thing

We are currently at a point where we need to develop the next group of players coming through.
While I don’t disagree with you that it’s ultimately good if you get a player in who makes others compete for the spot, you also risk having a youngster from WA looking for opportunities back home because the 24-year-old ahead of him has locked himself into the 22.

Regardless, I didn’t say I didn’t want him.

We are currently at a point where we need to develop the next group of players coming through.
While I don’t disagree with you that it’s ultimately good if you get a player in who makes others compete for the spot, you also risk having a youngster from WA looking for opportunities back home because the 24-year-old ahead of him has locked himself into the 22.

Regardless, I didn’t say I didn’t want him.

I understand but those youngsters need to earn their spots regardless. If you're good enough, you play (with or without Schultz). It's not like Schultz is Chris Judd either - where there is no way he can be displaced from the side. Schultz himself is a formerly delisted, mature age free agent coming off a rookie contract. If a player like him means Mitchell can't get a game, then Mitchell probably hasn't earnt a game regardless (and probably can't dictate terms all that much either). If someone like Mitchell is good enough he'll play anyway, whether that be at the expense of Schultz or alongside him.

We don't 'owe' games to anyone and no player at Hawthorn needs to feel aggrieved that they don't get an opportunity as we have been giving games to everyone that deserves it.

If the club think he is worth pursuing (and evidently Freo think he is worth keeping) and he is available for free, I think it's a good idea. No that he'll change the whole fortunes of the club (he may still be a bust) but certainly to add some depth in a position that allows us to keep Wingard in the middle, lays plans for post-Breust and is in the right age bracket of our rebuild. Worth a shot I say :)

Does this get you excited? 😜
I actually rate Shultz, competes well, good in the air for his size and dangerous around goals. Bit of a poppy vibe. Moore can resume his high half forward role, brockman and Shultz as the dangerous smalls close to goal.

Cerra is worth more than pick 15.

One of the best young mids in the comp. Miles away from his best footy too.

Id give our first for him. The odds wouldnt support our pick 7 to be a better player than him. Its possible, but he'd be a safe option.
Umm what? You'd bloody hope pick 7 would at minimum equal Cerra. People are vastly overrating Cerra here

If push comes to shove that we need to trade Gunners to the Dees- the following options are better for me personally than involving Weidemen in return:
Gunston for Harrison Petty + 34
or
Gunston for Laurie + 34
Gunston for there next years first. They ( and everyone else) would be very confident of finishing near the top again, so a late first rounder (which I think is fair value). But Melbourne could also do a Melbourne and crash and burn and finish outside the top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back