Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Does anyone rate Mabor Chol as a free agent signing?
Obviously Brooksby will be delisted and Ceglar/McEvoy are coming to an end. I like the idea of using him as Ruck and resting forward. I think his best is ahead of him given limited opportunities at the Tigers. I hate drafting ruckman with early picks unless they are freaks, and at 23-24 he is coming into his prime after 4-5 years of development. I think he will flourish with more opportunity. What do people think?

Last edited:

Isn’t hopper very similar to what we have now? To be fair I haven’t seen much of hopper play.

He's ranked elite for clearances per game, 6.5. Huge area of weakness for us. He's a big mid, and has improved his disposal significantly this year. He'll run top three in the Giants BF, third year running top 5.

He's 24 , not even at his peak, and rated as a future captain. AA squad this year.

I'd love to get this guy to our club, I think he's already above Jaegar and has more potential than Worpel to be elite.

TD is right, the cost is massive. But one of our reliable posters suggested we have an interest...

Last edited:
Does anyone rate Mabor Chol as a free agent signing?
Obviously Brooksby will be delisted and Ceglar/McEvoy are coming to an end. I like the idea of using him as Ruck and resting forward. I think his best is ahead of him given limited opportunities at the Tigers. I hate drafting ruckman with early picks unless they are freaks, and at 23-24 he is coming into his prime after 4-5 years of development. I think he will flourish with more opportunity. What do people think?
very keen to get him in. Not sure what vision we're selling though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

States that we are happy for CJ to go out of contract at end of 2022 and let him play on the trigger contract for next season.
I thought it would be a pretty obvious move to keep CJ on his 2022 trigger, and then just look to re-sign him early 2022 on an improved deal

I had time are work today and came up with this IF Gunston requested a move to Melbourne.

Hawthorn receive: Harrison Petty, Melb future 2nd. Pick 42, Max Lynch

Melbourne receive: Jack Gunston, Brayden Maynard, Pick 62

Collingwood receive: Weiderman, pick 34, 51, Hawthorn future 3rd

Hawthorn use pick 42 on Josh Battle from St.Kilda.

Still have picks 5, 21 and 24.
Gain Lynch for ruck cover.
Gain Battle for athletic swing-man cover with Gunston gone.
Gain Harrison Petty who hopefully could cover for Hartigan permanently within a couple of years.

Draft the best available midfielders and/or small forward with our 3 selections inside 25.

Go into next year's draft with 3 selections inside 36 at worst.

Don't need hate mail. This was just a 'IF Gunston wants to go to Melbourne' hypothetical that isn't (in my opinion) too unreasonable for all parties.

(PS. Melbourne have been linked to Maynard for most of this season. Hence his inclusion. Didn't pull it from the clouds).

We need less Cerra talk and more Hopper talk in here. Gun.

Cerra is a good player, but he's a complimentary piece to a midfield. Hopper can lead a midfield.

Hopper is a gun no doubt, but he's not bringing anything else new to the table. At least Cerra is a classy ball user, which is something the midfield is sorely lacking.

Still hope we go to the draft for Erasmus though.

Hopper is a gun no doubt, but he's not bringing anything else new to the table. At least Cerra is a classy ball user, which is something the midfield is sorely lacking.

Still hope we go to the draft for Erasmus though.

That depends mate. Like I'm not really relying on Jaegar to be offering much when we are next contending. You just can't have faith in his body or consistency sadly. I see Hopper at 24 as an upgrade now, and a huge long term upgrade.

I'm also not convinced Worpel can be an elite mid to build around. I think Hopper very much is.

A mix of Mitchell, Hopper, Wingard, Worpel and Newcombe is a significant upgrade for me. Wingard being the Cerra you are referencing. Add some outside class in Day and Bramble around the wings.

I think if Hopper is a realistic option, we'd be mad not to pursue it... within reason obviously. But fit is less of an issue when you might have a chance to grab an almost A grade mid who is 24 and improving year on year.

Last edited:
Not keen on chol, use a state leaguer as a backup ruck. If we take someone they need to be a good forward first and foremost, reeves will ruck 70% of the game, so including a rest the other ruckman will spend at least 50% game time up forward. Don’t rate chol as a forward at all. Still think we just need Mitch Lewis to go in and halve a contest against the other teams second ruck. We already go into games tall so don’t really want to add another tall. Kozi, Lewis, gunston and possibly jeka is borderline too tall already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back