Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Want more than pick 6 he’s a Brownlow medallist.
He was in 2018, it means very little now.

He is an elite inside mid but he has had player 12 round of footy at that level over the past 2 years.

He is great but the Bownlow does nothing for his stock now

If the Titch to Blues rumours are true:

3 way trade.
We lose Mitchell and pick 24. Gain pick 6, Bulldogs future 2nd.
Bulldogs lose their first which will be 17 or 18, plus a future 2nd. Gain 24 and 25.
Carlton lose pick 6 and 25, gain 17/18.

We get pick 6.
Bulldogs get more points for Darcy.
Blues gain Mitchell but still have a first rounder.

We might need to offer up our later picks but something like this could work for everyone.
If Titch to the blues is true

Then only picks 6 and 25 will get it done for me.

take 5, 6, 21,24,25 or try and turn some of those 20's picks into a first round.

Want more than pick 6 he’s a Brownlow medallist.

Pick 6 for Mitchell would be a great outcome.

Wouldn't accept anything less.

I'm hearing that Sydney may demand more than pick 16 for out of contract Jordan Dawson.

Titch not OOC for 6 is completely reasonable in that case. And would probably be the minimum we'd accept.

I was looking at the Fox article on which players are still FAs (mostly scraps). Was surprised to see Nick Holman.

A decent option if the club is targeting a pressure forward. Tough bastard that lays lots of tackles and played junior footy with Jars.
Not the best kick. Doubt we’d be interested.

Archie Smith wants a trade. Wouldn't mind for depth with Brooksby gone. Ceglar and McEvoy are 30. Archie only 26. Wouldnt cost much.

Pick 6 for Mitchell would be a great outcome.

Wouldn't accept anything less.

I'm hearing that Sydney may demand more than pick 16 for out of contract Jordan Dawson.

Titch not OOC for 6 is completely reasonable in that case. And would probably be the minimum we'd accept.

I am hoping this new regime at the Hawks is far more hardline with the value we put on our players when it comes trading.

Archie Smith wants a trade. Wouldn't mind for depth with Brooksby gone. Ceglar and McEvoy are 30. Archie only 26. Wouldnt cost much.

I didn't recall much about him so looked up his stats. Didn't tell a great story. You know something we don't or predicting a meteoric rise in his late 20's?

Archie Smith is a great human. Dealt with the loss of his younger brother from suicide not long ago, and has spoken very openly about that pain.

If we want some back up to Ned it might make sense, as he’s a seasoned ruckman at 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be intriguing if Tom said he was open to a move back to WA.

Being the same age as neale I'd say it would play out how that did. Freo weren't even remotely close to paying what Brisbane would demand , they're keen to keep on the youth path instead of paying overs for players in the wrong age demographic for their list build.

Being the same age as neale I'd say it would play out how that did. Freo weren't even remotely close to paying what Brisbane would demand , they're keen to keep on the youth path instead of paying overs for players in the wrong age demographic for their list build.

It really fascinates me how BigFooty fans think about player age. Hawthorn is right down the bottom of the ladder with North, Adelaide, GC and Collingwood in the rebuild phase. At that extreme end and with established issues of fit for the team, Mitchell is perhaps just old enough to justify trading him for younger talent.

But it seems every club that didn't make the GF has fans on BigFooty mortified at the idea that their club would trade in an elite player on the wrong side of 26.

Freo have hit the high end of the draft for quite a few years now and were on the cusp of the eight with a young, improving team. If they aren't going to flip the switch now to add elite players and make their push over the next 3-5 years, what are they waiting for? Another 4 years of top 10 picks and treading water?

I think many AFL fans are comfortable with the idea of permanently rebuilding because it means there are never any expectations. You can never really feel disappointed if it's always a rebuild year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back