Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Not even close, Freo would hold Cerra at a much higher value (to them) than Mitchell and fair enough.

Surely it would depend on where Fremantle see themselves. If they believe they can push for finals Mitchell's age shouldn't factor greatly into the equation but if they're keen to keep adding youth then they probably take your outlook.

Surely it would depend on where Fremantle see themselves. If they believe they can push for finals Mitchell's age shouldn't factor greatly into the equation but if they're keen to keep adding youth then they probably take your outlook.
I think the end goal would be a flag, Mitchell no doubt gets them closer to finals but I just don’t think the timelines match up.

I think the end goal would be a flag, Mitchell no doubt gets them closer to finals but I just don’t think the timelines match up.
When Cerra gets 35 possessions every week he would be worth what Bigfooty seems to be running around with as his value. Tom has got at least 4 top years left in him. To a premiership aspirant, he is worth a first rounder no problem. It’s whether they have a need for his type. And to me Richmond is crying out for a ball magnet in the middle to get them moving. They don’t have one and Cotchin was cooked 2 years ago

When Cerra gets 35 possessions every week he would be worth what Bigfooty seems to be running around with as his value. Tom has got at least 4 top years left in him. To a premiership aspirant, he is worth a first rounder no problem. It’s whether they have a need for his type. And to me Richmond is crying out for a ball magnet in the middle to get them moving. They don’t have one and Cotchin was cooked 2 years ago

That's the thing - people need to be a bit more broad-minded about player value. Cerra/Mitchell wouldn't work as a straight swap because Freo would rightly feel Cerra has more upside and we will get his best years whereas with Mitchell you'd risk a declining asset. But to Richmond Mitchell would hold far more value because they may be able to give it a tilt again with Dusty fit so you add Mitchell and they might be a top 4 side again. Putting an arbitrary value on a player is potentially futile as it doesn't take into account the club doing the purchasing.

It really fascinates me how BigFooty fans think about player age. Hawthorn is right down the bottom of the ladder with North, Adelaide, GC and Collingwood in the rebuild phase. At that extreme end and with established issues of fit for the team, Mitchell is perhaps just old enough to justify trading him for younger talent.

But it seems every club that didn't make the GF has fans on BigFooty mortified at the idea that their club would trade in an elite player on the wrong side of 26.

Freo have hit the high end of the draft for quite a few years now and were on the cusp of the eight with a young, improving team. If they aren't going to flip the switch now to add elite players and make their push over the next 3-5 years, what are they waiting for? Another 4 years of top 10 picks and treading water?

I think many AFL fans are comfortable with the idea of permanently rebuilding because it means there are never any expectations. You can never really feel disappointed if it's always a rebuild year.

I agree they have hit the draft hard but they are now going to lose cerra which will set them back a year or 2. They have also lost langdon,neale and Hill so I think the idea of trying to win a flag while mundy ,fyfe and Walters are still in the team would be nice but not a priority and are now building around the likes of darcy,brayshaw,young,serong,chapman .

I think Mitchell has 4 years of very good footy left in him and freo will be very strong by then, but if I was a supporter I'd rather bank on keeping a 1st and a 2nd and have another very big year at the draft especially with alot of WA talent.

If we dont get cerra (we most likely wont), we want him to go to melbourne, would make carlton more desperate and could give up pick 6 straight for mitchell
Melbourne have plenty of inside bulls - the last thing we want is for them to complement that with outside class.

My theory: any good player we don't get, should go to Carlton - at least that way we know it will NEVER come back to bite us.

Melbourne have plenty of inside bulls - the last thing we want is for them to complement that with outside class.

My theory: any good player we don't get, should go to Carlton - at least that way we know it will NEVER come back to bite us.

We aren't winning it next year so we shouldn't care if Cerra goes to Melbourne - and yes a more desperate Carlton might see massive upside to Titch to help Walsh and Cripps - so might be more likely to cough up a 1st and 2nd (which I think is his value)

We aren't winning it next year so we shouldn't care if Cerra goes to Melbourne - and yes a more desperate Carlton might see massive upside to Titch to help Walsh and Cripps - so might be more likely to cough up a 1st and 2nd (which I think is his value)
He'd be on more than a 1-yr deal though, so I reckon my concerns are valid for the next 5 years or so

It really fascinates me how BigFooty fans think about player age. Hawthorn is right down the bottom of the ladder with North, Adelaide, GC and Collingwood in the rebuild phase. At that extreme end and with established issues of fit for the team, Mitchell is perhaps just old enough to justify trading him for younger talent.

But it seems every club that didn't make the GF has fans on BigFooty mortified at the idea that their club would trade in an elite player on the wrong side of 26.

Freo have hit the high end of the draft for quite a few years now and were on the cusp of the eight with a young, improving team. If they aren't going to flip the switch now to add elite players and make their push over the next 3-5 years, what are they waiting for? Another 4 years of top 10 picks and treading water?

I think many AFL fans are comfortable with the idea of permanently rebuilding because it means there are never any expectations. You can never really feel disappointed if it's always a rebuild year.
Great point would we have won the 3peat if not for Lake trade among others

From the Roar Website:
Jonathon Ceglar
Ceglar was a bit of a barometer for the Hawks as they won five games and had a draw in another game in the 12 games that he featured in during season 2021. They only lost 50 per cent of games with him in the team. Remarkably, they lost seven out of ten games without him in the team, which equates to 70 per cent. Incredibly, he averaged the third most contested possessions of any Hawks player with an average of 9.33 contested possessions per game. He had a disposal efficiency percentage of 78.87 per cent and exactly 15 disposals per game, which is respectable for a ruckman. Impressively, he averaged the third most contested marks with an average of 1.58 contested marks per game.

So
From the Roar Website:
Jonathon Ceglar
Ceglar was a bit of a barometer for the Hawks as they won five games and had a draw in another game in the 12 games that he featured in during season 2021. They only lost 50 per cent of games with him in the team. Remarkably, they lost seven out of ten games without him in the team, which equates to 70 per cent. Incredibly, he averaged the third most contested possessions of any Hawks player with an average of 9.33 contested possessions per game. He had a disposal efficiency percentage of 78.87 per cent and exactly 15 disposals per game, which is respectable for a ruckman. Impressively, he averaged the third most contested marks with an average of 1.58 contested marks per game.
what you’re saying is he’s worth a mid second rounder?

From the Roar Website:
Jonathon Ceglar
Thanks for the update, Mrs. Ceglar!

From the Roar Website:
Jonathon Ceglar

when he played well we usually won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when he played well we usually won

That's long been Ceglar's issue, some weeks he can look and play like one of the best rucks in the competition and other weeks he'll give away a handful of ruck infringements and drop every ball kicked to him down the line.

That's long been Ceglar's issue, some weeks he can look and play like one of the best rucks in the competition and other weeks he'll give away a handful of ruck infringements and drop every ball kicked to him down the line.

yeah it's a real shame

if he was consistent he'd be a very good ruck, and our midfield would've looked so much better

Are you saying he's gone?

He was absolutely awesome in our last game of the season among a couple of others, but you could add the word 'missing' there to describe his performance on a few other occasions. He may not be 'gone' proper though, because the cupboard is pretty bare sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back