Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone start a Welcome Back Sam Mayes thread pls.

Im at the pub and can’t be arsed but hey welcome back anyway Sam and best of luck for 2022 and beyond!

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, I’ve seen our draft haul rated a D+ by Knightmare and a B by Fox Footy. Let’s see how well they have judged us.
When I went to school a D was a fail can’t see how we could have done much better with the picks we had.
How we got to those picks might be questionable but the picks themselves went as good as expected.

I'm in two minds about the use of the rookie list for players like goldsack and Mayes. Feels like lost opportunities to unearth roughies at low risk.

The rookie draft was a nonsense. Just rehashed players being manoeuvred around for salary cap purposes. Scrap it and the pre-season draft.

There really is no worse time to rate a club's draft haul than immediately after it has happened. Even the first pre season games will give you better information than what you have now, which is 18 year olds playing against each other in non AFL standard, non AFL prepared environments. Reassess over the next few years - we might've ended up with 2 or 3 beauties or we might've ended up with nothing much at all.

The rookie draft was a nonsense. Just rehashed players being manoeuvred around for salary cap purposes. Scrap it and the pre-season draft.
Yep. Just have one draft for newbies, rookies, dfa's, re-drafted players, etc.
Skip the supplementary draft and mid season drafts.
You get one shot, and that's it.

When I went to school a D was a fail can’t see how we could have done much better with the picks we had.
How we got to those picks might be questionable but the picks themselves went as good as expected.
F was a fail at my school. D- was a 50% type mark D a 55% type mark. It was D then an F, no E.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F was a fail at my school. D- was a 50% type mark D a 55% type mark. It was D then an F, no E.
All depends on how old you are 😂.
D was a fail in MY days and then it dropped to a F.
More kids had to Repeat in the old days. The bar moved down a bit so teachers didn’t have to put up with the same dumb arse kids the next year.
That’s why you get a lot of kids passing today that would have been held back many years ago.
Prime example is you will get kids from very expensive private schools in Supermarkets asking how much there 1.5kg Watermelon is going to cost them at $2 a kilo.
Without a mobile phone most of these kids wouldn’t know what day it is.

All depends on how old you are 😂.
D was a fail in MY days and then it dropped to a F.
More kids had to Repeat in the old days. The bar moved down a bit so teachers didn’t have to put up with the same dumb arse kids the next year.
That’s why you get a lot of kids passing today that would have been held back many years ago.
Prime example is you will get kids from very expensive private schools in Supermarkets asking how much there 1.5kg Watermelon is going to cost them at $2 a kilo.
Without a mobile phone most of these kids wouldn’t know what day it is.
Now that is a very specific example. I love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back