AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca and Oliver are exactly the kind of midfielders we desperately need at the Hawks.

Big, strong units who can kick goals and physically dominate opposition mids.

Honestly which of our mids would have been able to go toe to toe with them tonight?

Maybe Nash?
How many clubs have a Petracca and Oliver type though? They are All Australians. So yes it would be nice to have them, but they are the premium players in the league and they are not players you can just try to target to attempt to replicate their output.

How many clubs have a Petracca and Oliver type though? They are All Australians. So yes it would be nice to have them, but they are the premium players in the league and they are not players you can just try to target to attempt to replicate their output.
They're both high end draft picks. It's the only way you can access talent like that.

I think it would provide a huge boost to them

He can still play a role

I‘d love to see it

Then with 5 minutes to go, with the game won, someone “pulls” a hammy getting him on the ground

Would be awesome to see

Alternatively

Someone pulls a hammy in the first half and he comes on. Then he himself gets injured and has to watch the side get beaten.

It's a gamble if they went for the fairytale ending.

Alternatively

Someone pulls a hammy in the first half and he comes on. Then he himself gets injured and has to watch the side get beaten.

It's a gamble if they went for the fairytale ending.
I don’t think he is out of the team due to injury is he?

He is just not getting picked, he was one of 3 emergencies for tonight’s final

Finals wins to date
Ryan Burton 2
Sam Powell-Pepper 2
Andrew McGrath 0

Here's hoping that continues to be the case after this afternoon's match.

I see alot of similarities in D.howe and A.Brayshaw team roles on the wing.

-Melbourne vs Port Adelaide would be a cracking g.f. ( Go the dee's)
-G.w.s will give the Cats a big scare, the list is better than where they finished. Strong mids, settled down back. Fwd are in form.

Melbourne the team to beat. Definitely on the dogs bandwagon this arvo - hope Essendon get smashed! I know this is against the grain, but if it wasn’t for the main two sooks in duckwood and that flog coach that impersonates a circus clown I wouldn’t mind Geelong.
How good was our recent form against the finalists? Beat Sydney, Brisbane, GWS and WB. Drew against Melbourne.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My care factor.

Do you consider yourself one of those footy fans who primarily follows the sport because of the team you support?

I'm always curious about this.

I love finals footy just the same whether Hawthorn are involved or not. I'm all in on a Port vs Melbourne grand final.

The last 10 minutes of the Giants/Swans game yesterday had my heart going like our game against Essendon in round 1.

They're both high end draft picks. It's the only way you can access talent like that.

And that there is the issue. Petracca pick 2 ( should have gone 1) Oliver pick 4. Viney was rated a genuine top ten and went 21 or so via father sun. Jackson was 2. Lever and May top 10 for crows and suns.

I’ve been whining about this for years but the reality is Melbourne have been so pathetically rubbish for so long that eventually you get it right with so many high end draft picks. The access to so many good picks also gavthem the capital to easily trade in lever and may.

Yes Carlton still managed to stuff it up but this is the part of equalisation I don’t like.

I’ll be cheering to Port to win. Topping up failed so they made some tough trade calls, tipped out Wingard, Polec which brought in Burton, Duursma and Butters Rozee. Also managed to bring in Lycett - brilliant trading on their behalf

Screw Melbourne

Has to be odds on for a Melbourne vs Port Adelaide GF now, both looked so convincing in the QF wins.

I do think the Cats and Lions will bounce back and make a prelim.

Couldn't believe Sydney couldn't find a way to kick that final goal yesterday with all the momentum and territory in that final quarter. The Giants must love it they're 3-0 vs Swans in Finals.

Has to be odds on for a Melbourne vs Port Adelaide GF now, both looked so convincing in the QF wins.

I do think the Cats and Lions will bounce back and make a prelim.

Couldn't believe Sydney couldn't find a way to kick that final goal yesterday with all the momentum and territory in that final quarter. The Giants must love it they're 3-0 vs Swans in Finals.

Also, Mr. Lance Franklin= 9 finals series: 0 Grand final wins.

But but he told everyone he went to Sydney to win more Premiership cups.

Yeah OK, you gotta Love that crap from him!!

Bahaaahhaaaaa!

And that there is the issue. Petracca pick 2 ( should have gone 1) Oliver pick 4. Viney was rated a genuine top ten and went 21 or so via father sun. Jackson was 2. Lever and May top 10 for crows and suns.

I’ve been whining about this for years but the reality is Melbourne have been so pathetically rubbish for so long that eventually you get it right with so many high end draft picks. The access to so many good picks also gavthem the capital to easily trade in lever and may.

Yes Carlton still managed to stuff it up but this is the part of equalisation I don’t like.

I’ll be cheering to Port to win. Topping up failed so they made some tough trade calls, tipped out Wingard, Polec which brought in Burton, Duursma and Butters Rozee. Also managed to bring in Lycett - brilliant trading on their behalf

Screw Melbourne
Port are only where they are due to topping up. Would be useless without Dixon, Lycett and Alir. Fantasia, Motlop, Burton, McKenzie big chunk of their team on Friday.

Do you consider yourself one of those footy fans who primarily follows the sport because of the team you support?

I'm always curious about this.

I love finals footy just the same whether Hawthorn are involved or not. I'm all in on a Port vs Melbourne grand final.

The last 10 minutes of the Giants/Swans game yesterday had my heart going like our game against Essendon in round 1.
Yes. Pretty much.

Also, Mr. Lance Franklin= 9 finals series: 0 Grand final wins.

But but he told everyone he went to Sydney to win more Premiership cups.

Yeah OK, you gotta Love that crap from him!!

Bahaaahhaaaaa!
What? He’s won 2 flags.

Port are only where they are due to topping up. Would be useless without Dixon, Lycett and Alir. Fantasia, Motlop, Burton, McKenzie big chunk of their team on Friday.

Correct ! There is though good topping up and bad topping up.

Bad - Jack Watts, Tom Rockliff.

Good - Lycett, Dixon Allir, Fantasia for a bag of chips - on par with us bringing in Hale, Lake and Gibson

Make no mistake about their youth as well. It wasn’t coincidental that when Duursma and Butters were out they had a form slump. If they win the GF kudos to their trading and list management

Finals wins to date
Ryan Burton 2
Sam Powell-Pepper 2
Andrew McGrath 0

Here's hoping that continues to be the case after this afternoon's match.
Burton can get in the bin. He continuously mouths off about the Hawks and Wingard to a mate of mine involved over there. You’d think he’d be happy and just move on, but no.

Back