List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples thoughts on Dylan Stephens? Out of contract, plays wing, awesome left boot
He wants to go to Essendon doesn't he?

Do you mean Weightman?
Yes haha my bad. Rachele by the sounds of things is a Toby Greene clone which is why he will cost about pick 10. Would love to have him but in terms of cost/benefits I think Motlop may be the way to go. That is, unless we go with Williams + JVR and take the ratchet with our pick 8.

When was the last time a “Star” player in his prime (by his own choice) wanted to come and play for Freo. . .

Des Headland way back in 2002 is the only name I could think of. 19 bloody years ago.

Framer in 2001
Bell in 2000

Players like Croad, Tarrant, Bennell and Hogan were all forced out by their previous club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know about “stars”, but players like Lobb, Hamling, Wilson are (were?) quality when they wanted to come to Freo.

So I have watched Logan live and have watched much less of Amiss.

Why is Macca a better prospect than Amiss? Few things to keep in mind here. Firstly, while Amiss was kicking 40 + goals in colts Logan kicked 21 in less via the League. This is an important distinction because Amiss got shutdown on the weekend when he was played on a quality defender, whereas Logan couldn't be stopped despite being a much smaller body.

Secondly, Logan has better attributes. He can kick from outside the 50 both on the run and from a set shot while I have seen limited evidence of Amiss doing that. Logan is also a much stronger contested mark and has great leading patterns. What's not really spoken of is his work up the ground. He has really great vision and uses aggressive disposals to move the ball quickly. Also worth noting is that he is good below the knees and is agile for his size, scoring a few goals that way as well. Can someone confirm if Amiss plays that way?

I do think Amiss will be a bloody good forward just that imo Logan is projecting higher. Maybe someone who has watched more of Amiss can share some feedback.

A couple of things:
  • Amiss was shut down on the weekend because the Claremont midfield starved him of supply, not because of his direct opponent. As some have noted elsewhere, he was actually pretty good in setting up some of their goals when he did eventually get the ball. If anything the criticism that can be labelled at Amiss from the weekend is that he is a deep forward, and as such his influence will be sucked away if they cannot get the ball down his end of the park.
  • Whilst McDonald has more distance on his kicks (both are very accurate) and a better contested mark, Amiss is faster that McDonald and (Whilst as you say McDonald is pretty good) Amiss is IMO better when the ball hits the ground / below the knees. McDonald is overall the player with better endurance but Amiss has only just come into the system so has a large scope for improvement in this respect.

Yes haha my bad. Rachele by the sounds of things is a Toby Greene clone which is why he will cost about pick 10. Would love to have him but in terms of cost/benefits I think Motlop may be the way to go. That is, unless we go with Williams + JVR and take the ratchet with our pick 8.
Everything I'm reading on Motlop is that he'll definitely get taken well before 40. I just don't see us spending an actual pick on him. I think we've got eyes on others at our picks, though that could change with trades.

Everything I'm reading on Motlop is that he'll definitely get taken well before 40. I just don't see us spending an actual pick on him. I think we've got eyes on others at our picks, though that could change with trades.
I think it would be silly to not to pick him up and I hope the club is not that stupid. I'm done with the team playing mids as small forwards because they are small. Get some natural smalls ffs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port interested in Finlayson. As Cornes has mentioned they are ok in that area.

Possibly Dixon is going back to GC as rumoured or Georgiades is coming back to WA.
Georgie does alright but better off developing our own I reckon unless it's my bae Macca.

Port interested in Finlayson. As Cornes has mentioned they are ok in that area.

Possibly Dixon is going back to GC as rumoured or Georgiades is coming back to WA.

Charlie back up on the GC? Lobbs name keeps getting linked to GC. Weller 2.0 deal please! Georgiades has 2 years remaining on his contract, he’s not going anywhere.

Don’t mind what the Dees did with Ben Brown, and Langdon. They identified weaknesses and went about fixing them aka
Money ball.
Also I liked what WC did to the Dees, Pies in 2018 with dominant ruck men, seems like someone learned a lesson.
Jackson creates mis-matches, their spine is very good with May and Lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back