List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more info on Will Brodie? It was reported once at the West Aus, then never spoken about again.

Any more info?

If the list is overstocked with smalls or flankers and the best available at our pick are smalls or flankers we load up with same same?
Surely you take what is necessary to build a functioning list.
Draft picks don't always work out and especially talls.

Unless you trade up or down you are always reaching for a need.

West Coast won a flag with Hanson and Lynch who won't top picks.

We have picks 8 (10) and pick 27 (30) plus whatever we get from Cerra.

I would rather target Jackson and McDonald.

My guy told me we weren’t into English, would prefer to hold out for Jackson. Whether that means we are a chance this or next year I’m not sure 🤷‍♂️

Haven’t read the article but there is another tweet where Ralphy issuggwating just that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Half backs that are in the top ten picks of the draft are usually super elite players, clubs tend to think that they want more versatility to their players taken so high - that's why Hayden Young slipped to seven.

My guy told me we weren’t into English, would prefer to hold out for Jackson. Whether that means we are a chance this or next year I’m not sure 🤷‍♂️

The price in relation to salary and at the trade table is going to be huge to make this a possibility.

I think its reasonably evident that he is the "big fish" and i think its equally clear he's not going to be in purple in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft picks don't always work out and especially talls.

Unless you trade up or down you are always reaching for a need.

West Coast won a flag with Hanson and Lynch who won't top picks.

We have picks 8 (10) and pick 27 (30) plus whatever we get from Cerra.

I would rather target Jackson and McDonald.
This is exactly the strategy that has got us to where we are now with a huge hole in the forward line. Keep on drafting mids and hope that gun KPF falls out of the sky. History shows that it doesnt happen like that. Jackson or McDonald, if they did come, would cost us the earth.
Best to bite the bullet and develop our own.

I disagree, that has often left us with positional issues. I don’t mind one of the two being best available but the other needs to be the best WA forward.
Hopefully we can pickup a second forward/swing man later in the draft.
If there are no forwards that we rate in the Top 10 why pick them? Would be better to trade down into the teens with one of the picks if that's the strategy.

This is exactly the strategy that has got us to where we are now with a huge hole in the forward line. Keep on drafting mids and hope that gun KPF falls out of the sky. History shows that it doesnt happen like that. Jackson or McDonald, if they did come, would cost us the earth.
Best to bite the bullet and develop our own.
Our issue has been getting in mentally troubled key forwards and paying too much.

If we had kept picks 5,6 we would have had B King and Rozee.

If we didn't traded for Tarrant we would have kept Medhurst, Polak and pick 13 which would have been Jack Riowoldt.

Jackson isn't troubled.

Our issue has been getting in mentally troubled key forwards and paying too much.

If we had kept picks 5,6 we would have had B King and Rozee.

If we didn't traded for Tarrant we would have kept Medhurst, Polak and pick 13 which would have been Jack Riowoldt.

Jackson isn't troubled.
i reckon it would of been King and Butters as we were right into him apparently

For me two top ten picks allows us the flexibility to draft best available then go with needs second up.

Unless best available is a defender I'm not sure how we lose going best available tbh. If that isn't a tall forward we draft one the next pick and we've addressed needs as well.

Not sure about two talls in the top ten tbh. There seems to he decent talls that'll go outside 40. We have other pretty critical needs if we ever want to be a good team.
Say we get picks 6 (8) and 8 (10) who will we have access to?
Josh Gibcus (KPD)
Josh ward (mid)
Mac Andrew (ruckman)
Josh Rachele (half forward)
Jye Amiss (KPF)

So we can rule out Gibcus and Andrew. If Ward slips to our pick than you pull the trigger because he will be a gun (small chance he slips). That leaves Rachele and Amiss. We are at the wrong end of the top 10.

*These predictions are based on the AFL draft projections as reported by Fox Sports*

We won't have any half backs in the Top 10 of our draft board. If a gun midfielder is sitting there at Pick 8 you don't reach for a forward.
But all the mids rated that highly are in and under accumulators, we have that covered with Brayshaw and Serong, we need mids with skill/forwards. Would take Callaghan/Horn from that top 10 but not the others.

Say we get picks 6 (8) and 8 (10) who will we have access to?
Josh Gibcus (KPD)
Josh ward (mid)
Mac Andrew (ruckman)
Josh Rachele (half forward)
Jye Amiss (KPF)

So we can rule out Gibcus and Andrew. If Ward slips to our pick than you pull the trigger because he will be a gun (small chance he slips). That leaves Rachele and Amiss.

*These predictions are based on the AFL draft projections as reported by Fox Sports*
I don't think they'd be ruling out Andrew - especially if Lobb leaves

But all the mids rated that highly are in and under accumulators, we have that covered with Brayshaw and Serong, we need mids with skill/forwards. Would take Callaghan/Horn from that top 10 but not the others.
Ward does both, he plays like Baz Smith around goal and gets plenty of the ball which is why I really rate him. Only problem is that he is vic metro but if the club has learnt from their mistakes and done their due diligence than I'll be happy to take him.

And to add to this, they are all Vic metro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back