List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it isn't. But we've got a situation we should take advantage of. Gold Coast have 3-4 spots they need to create on their list.
oh agree completely, I just am not keen to use pick 8 in it as the draft capital there is just too valuable
It might be in terms of missing out on who Freo want which is why I asked, there seemed to be a bit of talk about players being available late first/early second.

Points wise (I know, I know) that values Brodie in the third round and I honestly think GC might add that 50s (or 43) pick which basically brings the points equal to 8.

This would be a late trade after Clark was done.
yeah I get that the points value puts in a good spot, I’d just prefer to do Brodie + 43 for a future 3rd or something instead as opposed to using a pick as valuable as 8 in the deal

... I'm pretty pissed off with that Fyfe interview the more i think about it. Really showed our hand.

In fact i am finding fyfe to be a little too extra. That ridiculous haircut, the fact he's publicly coming out and saying where on the field he wants to play. Mother f***er we're paying you a mill a season, you play where we say you do.

Have a look at captain Gawn and how he interacts with fans. High fiving the crowd, wearing his full kit after the flag. Hoping someone like Andy comes in who's a little more grounded into the captain position.

I am expecting dislikes posting this..but i know I'm not alone in my assessment. Fyfe is a once in a generation player, but that doesn't mean i want him leading this group.

Had a discussion with someone that for many years was involved in the club in a leadership role and he was adamant that one of the clubs bigger mistakes was making Fyfe captain rather then Mundy.

From all reports he’s basically treated like a QB at training etc, just without the red vest. Young guys on our list I know have been berated for accidentally tackling or bumping him.

So how do we feel about Cerra for pick #6 and Jordan Clark?

All depends on Jordan doesn't it and if he plays like a first round pick.

Had a discussion with someone that for many years was involved in the club in a leadership role and he was adamant that one of the clubs bigger mistakes was making Fyfe captain rather then Mundy.

From all reports he’s basically treated like a QB at training etc, just without the red vest. Young guys on our list I know have been berated for accidentally tackling or bumping him.
That was a story I heard on a podcast but that was when Ross was coaching. Think it was Mick Barlow. I would hope that wouldn’t happen now

I heard something similar, however i also heard somebody sat fyfe down and berated him. apparently he's a good leader now. went and did some extra curricular leadership course in america and stuff.

So if we do that whats our draft hand? Would we still split our pick 8 and go in with 4 picks in the top 30?
If it's a straight swap of Cerra for #6 and #25 with #25 going to Geelong for Clark (it might end up #25 and #27 to Geelong for Clark and one of #30/32/34 they hold, effectively downgrading #27 with it by a bit)

We would have #6, #8, #27 and #81

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we do that whats our draft hand? Would we still split our pick 8 and go in with 4 picks in the top 30?

I'd prefer we go in with two top 10 picks, one second rounder, then Benning for a junk pick. Then we would have an opening or two for the Rookie draft and MSD?

#6,#8,#27,#81 (thanks Taylor)

And keep our full range of draft picks for next year.

If it's a straight swap of Cerra for #6 and #25 with #25 going to Geelong for Clark (it might end up #25 and #27 to Geelong for Clark and one of #30/32/34 they hold, effectively downgrading #27 with it by a bit)

We would have #6, #8, #27 and #81

The consensus is we're splitting 8 to get two picks in the teens which reckon is the way to go.

That be four top end talent walking through the door plus clark. Brodie comes in exchange for a box of rice bubbles.

That doesn't correlate to what I used to watch at training. They are obviously cautious about injuring each other at training but I never once thought Fyfe was a protected species out there - more that he dominated and they couldn't get near him. Perhaps they were told to be ultra careful not to injure our best player but I'd strongly doubt that directive came from Fyfe. What I did notice was when Fyfe hit someone hard he was the first to check that they were ok.

The guy is clearly confident in his abilities and knows the value of himself from a marketing perspective (you are only a footballer for a short part of your life). But all I've observed is an extreme tall poppy syndrome out there relating to him - I really don't see the 'flog' many seem to infer he is.

Yeah I've never though ego was Fyfe's issue just driven to the point he can put people off. He seems to be maturing into the role fine, not that I've never met the bloke.
This is it. Ultra competitive, will injure family if it means winning (2x instances that I know of). But generally just a typical lake grace kid. will probably end up down there in retirement.

reading the tea leaves and we’ll get 25 off Carlton somehow and send to Geelong for Clark
I reckon something like:
6,25,F2 > 27, Cerra (maybe some other swaps depending what happens with other players like Sam PS)

25 to Geelong for Clark. Geelong will want more but realise that is fair price and will relent in the second week or trade period.

I reckon Clarke is closer to 30-38 range and considering 25 pushes back a little is around the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back