List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions not interested in a future 1st as they have a F&S pick next year apparently.

If the Neale trade is a go..split 8 to two picks in the teens. Use one of them and package it up with a future 2nd.

The reigning brownlow champ rocked up to the Brownlow looking like someone who hated his club. If he keeps that attitude up for the next few weeks, they might cash in.
Pick 8 and a future second for pick 18 and Neale

Lions not interested in a future 1st as they have a F&S pick next year apparently.
What's your thoughts on this?
Will Ashcroft is projected top five next season and Brisbane will expect to have a first round pick of their own at let's say #14, if they had our pick to go along with that then they have the points to potentially buy a pick inside the bid for Ashcroft and get let's say #4 and #6 in that draft.

Right now, Collingwood would wish they had their pick #2 and another first, because they'd swap pick #1 for it and get the top two players in the draft.

Our pick could allow them to match a bid for Ashcroft without it chewing up their own first round pick too, which makes it's value even higher.

What's your thoughts on this?
Will Ashcroft is projected top five next season and Brisbane will expect to have a first round pick of their own at let's say #14, if they had our pick to go along with that then they have the points to potentially buy a pick inside the bid for Ashcroft and get let's say #4 and #6 in that draft.

Right now, Collingwood would wish they had their pick #2 and another first, because they'd swap pick #1 for it and get the top two players in the draft.

Our pick could allow them to match a bid for Ashcroft without it chewing up their own first round pick too, which makes it's value even higher.

I agree with you. The lions supporters don't..they want nothing to do with a future 1st.

******* SOS I've sent them a message. Sick of hearing SOS saying Cez could go in the PSD. They better read it out...they wont though.
Why get angry? Just reflect in satisfaction on the fact that someone with apparently the knowledge and insight of a troll on the BigFooty Drafts and Trading Board was Carlton's List Manager for several years

All the stupid trades he did? Not 4D chess as it turns out; he's just an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why get angry? Just reflect in satisfaction on the fact that someone with apparently the knowledge and insight of a troll on the BigFooty Drafts and Trading Board was Carlton's List Manager for several years

All the stupid trades he did? Not 4D chess as it turns out; he's just an idiot.

Terry Wallace was so much better at this gig.

Have a shot everytime SOS says " I've got no idea"

all the talk about Freo being desperate to get Callahan and now this is interesting

How the hell are the Cats supposed to trade up the order to 2? Does anyone read his stuff before it gets published?

The only clubs in a position to trade for 2 would Richmond and us. Realistically just us I'd have thought unless they want future firsts or swags of second rounders.

#VICBIAS

At which pick would they be 100% certain to get him? Hawthorn? We have said we need a forward/ruck?

Pick 1 if you want 100%.

But most don’t have him in top 10 calculations. I’d have thought he’d be available at their pick 13 but the gap from 2-13 would be a nail biter if that’s literally their main target.

Interesting if Finn is our main target. He won’t be there at 6 (8). So we could attempt 6 and 8 for 2 and 13.

Problem is we potentially miss out on what i’d think is our main tall target in Amiss. But at 13 there would still be plenty of options.

Doesn’t Ashcroft need to nominate Brisbane before they get access to him? Pretty sure he’s a Vic Metro kid. Would be pretty funny if he didn’t after all this talk of them not wanting future picks. I saw heaps of people carrying on about it during the Neale saga a few weeks back

A trade for 2 is at least feasible for us under certain scenarios. For instance if GWS rated (ignoring the Father Sons and Horne Francis) Callahan, Hobbs or Ward (Or Erasmus too for that matter) as only slightly better prospects that a group containing Gibcus, Andrew and Rachele they might feel that given where there list is at (Midfield rotations full of young A grade mids) it maximises list quality to target talls and flankers. Then they could justify trading down to our 6 and 8 knowing they'll get two of the ones they want. This is all predicated on them rating those players as only slightly inferior prospects. If Callahan is clearly the 4th best prospect they should take him.

2, 13 <> 6, 8, 27

Normally the premium for trading up would be more than this, but if it's a mutual deal.

The other horrible idea that crossed my mind:

2, Coniglio <> 6, 8

A trade for 2 is at least feasible for us under certain scenarios. For instance if GWS rated (ignoring the Father Sons and Horne Francis) Callahan, Hobbs or Ward (Or Erasmus too for that matter) as only slightly better prospects that a group containing Gibcus, Andrew and Rachele they might feel that given where there list is at (Midfield rotations full of young A grade mids) it maximises list quality to target talls and flankers. Then they could justify trading down to our 6 and 8 knowing they'll get two of the ones they want. This is all predicated on them rating those players as only slightly inferior prospects. If Callahan is clearly the 4th best prospect they should take him.

2, 13 <> 6, 8, 27

Normally the premium for trading up would be more than this, but if it's a mutual deal.

The other horrible idea that crossed my mind:

2, Coniglio <> 6, 8
you're right - it's horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back