List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He would have gotten games at Collingwood at least. How many games has Mason Cox played?
70+

Drafted in 2015.
Levi drafted in 2010. I dont think Levi wouldve lasted in the system until 2015 had he been picked up by the Pies.

CARLTON VFL ruckman and ex-volleyballer Alex Mirkov has been given special exemption to nominate for the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft as the Blues ponder his future prospects.

The 210cm beanpole is in consideration to be taken by the Blues in a move that would add to their ruck stocks that were left to only Marc Pittonet and Tom De Koning for 2021 following the retirement of Matthew Kreuzer last year.
Mirkov, 21, is one of more than a dozen players who have been granted permission to nominate for next month's draft having not nominated for last year's NAB AFL Draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why go after a mid? To play them forward pocket?

Have plenty who need midfield exposure as is.
We had to see Doch play that inside/outside role this week and when he went down back our midfield looked shaky again. We’ve got too many inside mids and come the end of the year we need to change the profile of our team. Why not start that change now?

Who would be the best key position forward in Australia not on an afl list
Thats who we should be taking because if we lose harry or cas we literally have no one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Mirkov is locked in, who's taking cunners spot? I'm all in on Crocker, his form is great and he seems like he's really turned things around after a tough few years personally. Also would send a perfect message to the rest of VFL boys.

So if Mirkov is locked in, who's taking cunners spot? I'm all in on Crocker, his form is great and he seems like he's really turned things around after a tough few years personally. Also would send a perfect message to the rest of VFL boys.

I agree about Crocker, was suprised when we didn't give him a spot earlier in the year. Must be something missing for him. With the injuries to our forwardline you would think he would definitely be an option.

We had to see Doch play that inside/outside role this week and when he went down back our midfield looked shaky again. We’ve got too many inside mids and come the end of the year we need to change the profile of our team. Why not start that change now?

SPS and Dow were inside/outside mids as junior's. Just haven't been developed.

Dow managed 6 disposals (5 contested) and 3 clearences in 19 mins before getting subbed. Hasn't been seen since :/

SPS and Dow were inside/outside mids as junior's. Just haven't been developed.

Dow managed 6 disposals (5 contested) and 3 clearences in 19 mins before getting subbed. Hasn't been seen since :/

Those 6 touches and 3 clearances weren't spectacular, to be honest. Was still a sign of improved involvement, which is a good step for him to take, but he didn't suddenly morph into Dangerfield.

He also then went back to the ressies and put together a wonderful full game with zero tackles.

He confuses the bejeezus out of me, does Dow. Seems to have severe tunnel vision - can tell him to go and win the ball, but then he forgets to apply any defensive pressure, can tell him to apply defensive pressure and he forgets that there's a football to be won. Has to find a balance in his game or he's cactus.

Jack Hayes.
He is currently better than Levi

Name rang a bell, but had to look him up.
  • 192-194cm (depending on source), ~91kg
  • 25yo, plays for Woodville West Torrens in the SANFL.
  • Named captain of recent SA v WA match
  • Is a key fwd, but currently playing in the ruck
  • Is a good contested mark, gets his share of the ball, tackles, contests on the ground
  • Avg 2021 sanfl stats: 12K, 9HB, 7M (2.4 contested), 5T, 3 clearances, 13HO. 7 goals from 5 matches.
Seemingly has been considered too short to be AFL key forward.

I know state level form often doesn't translate to AFL form (Moore can look like a superstar at times at VFL level) but this guy is absolutely dominating the SANFL.

At worst he might be serviceable 3rd tall and complete break in case of emergency ruck?

Perfect replacement for Liam Jones who is now getting on a bit in age...From Chris DOERRE's mid-season draft rated No 8. Tall defender, 199cm,

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...htmare-mid-season-draft-top-10-power-rankings
In addition to the options we've already seen covered, Baker and Schlensog are great suggestions from that list.

Here is the bit on Maher
Can you write the full top 20 here? Paywall is getting in the way.

I hear Diesel Nicholenko is quite the talent.
He is equal 2nd priority along with a youngster by the name of Dominator Rhys-Braddles who apparently has it all.....

tough, skilful, great in the air, big game player, kick both feet & run all day.... we will start him in a back pocket and see how he goes from there....

Back