List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We rolled the dice and landed Draper late. That alone makes today relatively successful. As for the others, I'm not sure. These guys smell like the Goodyear, Broomhead style BS that Hine pulls out of his rectum. But who knows, maybe they'll all be players.

That Daicos lad might do OK?

We went into the trade and draft period with ..

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 21ish
2021 Pick 39ish
2021 Pick 57ish
2021 Pick 75ish

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

We came out of the trade and draft period with …

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper
2021 Pick 49 Cooper Murley
2021 Pick 52 Harvey Harrison

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round
2022 Richmond third round
2022 Western Bulldogs third round

… that all seems like a good outcome?
Ask me in 12 months 😬

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 21ish
2021 Pick 39ish
2021 Pick 57ish
2021 Pick 75ish

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round

2021 Pick 21ish
2021 Pick 39ish
2021 Pick 57ish
2021 Pick 75ish

These picks were actually set at the beginning of trade and were not as good as that.

None of them were our original picks- the first one wasn't our 2nd round - pick 21 - it was the doggies 2nd - pick 36. And the rest were all a bit lower than what you said as well.

So we did better than what you are suggesting. But any minor increase from pick trades is either wiped out or magnified by the actual kids picked. A bad pick can wipe out any advantage from good trading, reverse with a good pick. So god knows yet. Fingers crossed.

What players are the North supporters most hoping for at pick 1 of the rookie draft?
Checking their board it appears their supporters are wanting Dean, much like a few on here. According to their draft thread they have 2-3 spots available are committed to rooking Polec and possibly Tom Lynch too.

If it’s 2 spots and 2 pre-commitments they won’t have a live pick.

Just a ridiculous argument to suggest that they knowingly traded pick 2 for what we got. I’ve reviewed all of the trade news and articles from that time, none mention pick 2. It’s a tired and we’ll worn barrow but happy for you to continue push a view to the contrary if it makes you feel better but it doesn’t change the facts.

Your the one changing facts mate.

They traded a unknown first round funny thing is AFL isn't a 1 horse race and the team the year before had already shown signs of drop off.
This unkown pick turned out to be pick 2. They traded pick 2 FACT. Indisputable.

Happy for you to keep your head stuck in the mud and pretend it was traded for something else.

At this stage I dont even really care but don't piss down people's backs and the tell them its raining.

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 21ish
2021 Pick 39ish
2021 Pick 57ish
2021 Pick 75ish

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round

Did we really part with GC’s third to move up 2 spots…?
I was hoping it was the dogs we’d used…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed listening to Shifter over the two nights on Foxtel. He was effusive about all the draftees, although he struggled a bit with some in the late 40s and 50s. Pretty much admitted he’d only seen some boys play one game, or just footage. The covid impact again.

But one thing kept coming through - some of these kids were picked off their form of two years ago, with limited exposure since then. And conversely, some kids only came into contention in 2021. That really does make the selections after round 1 a raffle.
We’ve brought a lot of kids into our club from two very compromised drafts. It could be absolutely disastrous long term. Or it could go the other way. Terrifying and exciting at the same time!

Here is a little breakdown of what we have done in the last 2 years.

Valuable players gone 2020/2021

Best 22 our club/another club:
Treloar, Phillips, Stephenson, Lynch,

Retired/delisted: Reid, Dunn, Varcoe, Beams, Greenwood, Thomas, Sier, Mayne, Langdon, Scharenberg, Broomhead, Tohill, Appleby, Bosenavulagi, Rantall

Players traded in:

Best 22: Lipinski

Speculative: Kreuger

Players Drafted: Ratings not based on where picked

1st Round Talent:
Henry, Daicos, Macrae

2nd Round Talent:
McInness, Poulter, Draper

Speculative Talent: Begg, Johnson, McMahon, Ginnovan, McCreery, Murley, Harrison, Chugg

Plus rookie pick 2 or Mid Season Draft

Gone

Scharenberg Dunn Greenwood

Langdon Appleby Varcoe

Mayne Beams Phillips

Thomas Tohill Broomhead

Stephenson Reid Bosenavulagi

Lynch Treloar

Sier

The Rebuild (ive included Ruscoe/Bianco who debuted in 2020)

Ruscoe (Rookie) Chugg

Draper Johnson Bianco

Poulter McInness Murley

Daicos N McMahon McCreery

Henry Krueger Ginnovan

Begg Lipinski

Macrae

Harrison

1 1st Rounder

Likely swap the 3 3rd rounders for a 2nd rounder (early/mid 20s)

Core Squad/Talent (22 and over)
Magden Roughead Maynard
Quaynor Moore Howe
Hoskin-Elliott Crisp Sidebottom
De Goey Mihocek Daicos J
Elliott Cameron Kelly
Grundy Pendlebury
Adams
Noble, Brown T, Murphy, Wilson, Cox, Keane,

Speed and disposal seems to wrap it up - as for versatility, that could be as much the laziness/ineptness of the research as anything else.

In any case it's good to know both speed and disposal needs which have lingered for far too long have been acknowledged and are being acted upon.

Finally the over all plan seems to be strong at the contest and fast breaks from winning the contest.

No more *ing' sit back and wait for your team mates to get covered before passing sideways/backwards or to a player heavily marked.

I find it amusing that some people have lost their sh!t because we gave up a future 3rd rounder(likely 50 plus) so we could move up 2 spots and snare Draper. I can only assume those people have never negotiated a thing in their life. Clearly we rate the kid and knew he’d be gone if we didn’t do the trade. The cats aren’t going to give us the pick out if good will. We needed to give up something that would get it done(and it’s only 50plus next year)

I really think people get to caught up in the number. It’s player you take with that number thAts important. Time will tell but clearly our people rated him much higher than 45

We only ever held GC’s 4th. It was Brisbane’s 3rd we moved.

It was a great move IMO.

I really wish we had have managed to do it twice so we could have got both Draper and Taylor. But alas it was not to be.

Murley looks good regardless.

edit: on reflection the missed opportunity was Brisbane’s pick at 41. We really should have slung them a future third round to move our pick 49 up. (Tunstill still would have been there IMO)

Last edited:
I find it amusing that some people have lost their sh!t because we gave up a future 3rd rounder(likely 50 plus) so we could move up 2 spots and snare Draper. I can only assume those people have never negotiated a thing in their life. Clearly we rate the kid and knew he’d be gone if we didn’t do the trade. The cats aren’t going to give us the pick out if good will. We needed to give up something that would get it done(and it’s only 50plus next year)

I really think people get to caught up in the number. It’s player you take with that number thAts important. Time will tell but clearly our people rated him much higher than 45
The same people are usually complaining why the hell we are accumulating so many late picks, that they’re useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back