Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Straight swap between pick 7 and TOM is a better deal.

We can argue that Mitchell just won PCM again :)
Better deal for us, but Tigers want to stay in the draft.

Injury prone 29 year old Sam Day?

That would be more surprising than Bewley

I'm not even sure what Sam Day is anymore, reckon Nixon is picking up the family connection and throwing darts. Previous two years he's barely made a correct prediction so I don't think we need to worry about it.

Are we putting the Tom trade to bed now given he seemed to indicate he's invested and excited for 2022 ? His words were not of a guy that's got one foot out the door as was suggested.
I would of thought so! It's not even worth considering unless heavily in our favour.

I would be after some dash and class to surround him with and help Wingard.

Last I'd heard Toot Toot was terrorising the streets in one of those old Dodge vans with black tint windows, grabbing people up and giving them unsolicited flu vaccines he mixed himself in the back...
So handy was he with the back-of-van jabs that Essendon offered him a job.

Last I'd heard Toot Toot was terrorising the streets in one of those old Dodge vans with black tint windows, grabbing people up and giving them unsolicited flu vaccines he mixed himself in the back...

So you're saying that Nixon can organise a more efficient vaccine rollout than the federal government? His talents are clearly going to waste.

Are we putting the Tom trade to bed now given he seemed to indicate he's invested and excited for 2022 ? His words were not of a guy that's got one foot out the door as was suggested.
Like the Hawks and Tom would want to give away any power to negotiate the best deal for us both.

Players / coaches / managers / clubs say anything. Every chance he's staying of course, but I would put no weight in what was said.

Depth Chart as it stands. IMO these are the senior players guaranteed to be playing, barring any trades, come round one next season:

Mitchell
Wingard
Day
JOM
Worpel
Bramble

Gunston
Breust
Moore
Kosi
Brockman
Lewis

Scrimshaw
Sicily
Hardwick
CJ
Impey
Hartigan
Frost

Plus we have at least one of: Reeves, Big Boy-or Ceglar playing.

That's 20 or 21 players if we take two rucks.

Then we have these depth players essentially vying for the last position or two positions in the side. These guys play a similar position to Bewley:

Phillips
Shiels
Nash
The Duke
Howe
Morrison
Downie

Not to mention these guys that are also vying for a position, and if they are picked someone else could just be shuffled around into a position Bewely might play.

DGB
TOB
Jeka

Realistically Bewley is behind every one of those players. And that's not including young draftees like Mitchell, Finn and Morris, who may have big preseasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depth Chart as it stands. IMO these are the senior players guaranteed to be playing, barring any trades, come round one next season:

Mitchell
Wingard
Day
JOM
Worpel
Bramble

Gunston
Breust
Moore
Kosi
Brockman
Lewis

Scrimshaw
Sicily
Hardwick
CJ
Impey
Hartigan
Frost

Then we have these depth players essentially vying for the last position or two positions in the side. These guys play a similar position to Bewley:

Phillips
Shiels
Nash
The Duke
Howe
Morrison
Downie

Not to mention these guys that are also vying for a position, and if they are picked someone else could just be shuffled around into a position Bewely might play.

DGB
TOB
Jeka

Realistically Bewley is behind every one of those players. And that's not including young draftees like Mitchell, Finn and Morris, who may have big preseasons.

i agree with this analysis but I'm wondering why, in your mind, it matters that he's behind all those players in the rotation?

Is it just because you'd prefer the alternative of an 18-year-old at the end of the draft?

Mitchell
Wingard
Day
JOM
Worpel
Bramble

Gunston
Breust
Moore
Kosi
Brockman
Lewis

Scrimshaw
Sicily
Hardwick
CJ
Impey
Hartigan
Frost

Phillips
Shiels
Nash
The Duke
Howe
Morrison
Downie

DGB
TOB
Jeka

Similar to Bramble and Jai you are not behind anyone when you come into a club. If you are good enough, and can play a role, you play. There is no line to get into the seniors.

Shiels is nearly cooked. Howe and Hanrahan might be out the door. If they are those picks might help us get another high pick. The coaches might think Bewley’s better when played in position and costs nothing. He hasn’t signed with us yet and we only have a rumour to go by.

Let me tidy that up for you.

Shiels is cooked. Great servant but surely we have moved on.

Howe and Hanners not part of the future in my opinion.

People only need to look back at dayne beams bnf speech, pretty much told the whole world how happy he was and couldn’t see himself anywhere else then 2 weeks later was in a collingwood jersey. I don’t believe a word from the clubs or players around trade time, they’ll always say things they think other clubs and the supporter base want to hear

Mitchell to Carlton going back a few months makes perfect sense.

History with his old man.
Diesel back who is his mentor.
Blues “know they are coming”
Cash Cash Cash.

Carlton would be crazy to be offering up pick 6 for Adam Cerra if Tom Mitchell for the same pick can work for them.

I also think Richmond makes a lot of sense, I think the’ll be of the view they are still in a premiership window, especially if they bring in more talent. The have plenty of draft capital to trade for him and still bring in young talent with picks 7,15,26,28,40,44.

I also think Richmond makes a lot of sense, I think the’ll be of the view they are still in a premiership window, especially if they bring in more talent. The have plenty of draft capital to trade for him and still bring in young talent with picks 7,15,26,28,40,44.

Tigers will say 7 is too high. Hawks would say pick 15 is too low.

Hawks will balk at throwing another pick in but perhaps one of our picks in the 20s might be also offered up.

Hawks going to the draft with picks 5 and 7 would be very enticing .

When was the last time Nixon was even remotely close to the pin? Genuine question, he's a bit scattershot isn't he?
worse record than a 10 year old who makes up a face book trade page
I remember last trade period when he was firing back at his detracters. Was claiming he was on 6 figures from multiple AFL clubs regarding his I.P and expertise. The bloke is a long long way off the map. Way too many nostril pots over the journey.

I'm sure he gets the info from his old player agent mates. But I reckon they just take the piss.

i agree with this analysis but I'm wondering why, in your mind, it matters that he's behind all those players in the rotation?

Is it just because you'd prefer the alternative of an 18-year-old at the end of the draft?

Definitely would prefer a draftee. Especially given the interruptions with the TAC season, there could potentially be some late gems taken in the draft.

Imagine if we picked up Bewley last year - so he could sit around 35th to the last man on our depth chart, and then we didn't end up picking up the Duke?

I'd take a punt at a drafted over a 27 year old list filler every day of the week, especially when the team is rebuilding.

Now as I've said a few times - if we are expecting a lot of outgoings over the trade period then it would seem more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back