Remove this Banner Ad

I'm struggling with this one.

1. Grundy/ROB + Hately

or

2. Draper/Nank/Preuss + any mid premium

My calcs are;
1. 115 + 85 = 200
2. 85 + 115 = 200

So I can't split them and both options make money. The only thing I can see that would sway me is the potential for another captain option in option 2. But arguably Grundy/ROB are also captain options
is there anything else around Hatelys price?

My worry with Grundy is bloody bucks throwing Cameron and Cox in the ruck

id go Nank and Adams

I'm struggling with this one.

1. Grundy/ROB + Hately

or

2. Draper/Nank/Preuss + any mid premium

My calcs are;
1. 115 + 85 = 200
2. 85 + 115 = 200

So I can't split them and both options make money. The only thing I can see that would sway me is the potential for another captain option in option 2. But arguably Grundy/ROB are also captain options
It's difficult, comes down to the performance of Hately and the underpriced ruck plus the difference in holding a premium in Ruck versus one in the midfield.

Grundy will be a top 3 ruck, and likely a top 2 ruck. So in selecting that option you have a set and forget position. Whereas the premium you select in the midfield might end up only being a top 10 or top 20 midfielder (and that's if you select them well and they don't bomb). Plus, in the event a Draper or Nank get rested or injured, you're struggling to find a replacement for them in a shallow pool of ruckmen. Will you have the cash at the time to grab Gawn, Grundy or ROB, likely not. Will there be a comparable player at the value with upside, likely not. Going the midpriced ruck is more risky in every sense. That being said, preuss looks too good to be true, and you can probably afford one midpriced ruckman. Assuming your other ruckman is Gawn or Grundy, i'd select Preuss and the premium midfielder as Preuss is too good to pass up I feel.

It's difficult, comes down to the performance of Hately and the underpriced ruck plus the difference in holding a premium in Ruck versus one in the midfield.

Grundy will be a top 3 ruck, and likely a top 2 ruck. So in selecting that option you have a set and forget position. Whereas the premium you select in the midfield might end up only being a top 10 or top 20 midfielder (and that's if you select them well and they don't bomb). Plus, in the event a Draper or Nank get rested or injured, you're struggling to find a replacement for them in a shallow pool of ruckmen. Will you have the cash at the time to grab Gawn, Grundy or ROB, likely not. Will there be a comparable player at the value with upside, likely not. Going the midpriced ruck is more risky in every sense. That being said, preuss looks too good to be true, and you can probably afford one midpriced ruckman. Assuming your other ruckman is Gawn or Grundy, i'd select Preuss and the premium midfielder as Preuss is too good to pass up I feel.
Yeah I tend to agree. I will say the one saving grace to a midprice ruck strategy which has me leaning this riskier way is the fact that Marshall forward can be swung in at any given time. Which means if the ruck needs to be traded then in all likelihood there may be a bottomed out forward premo you can move them to or even a mid priced forward who was missed which somewhat negates the risk

Yeah I tend to agree. I will say the one saving grace to a midprice ruck strategy which has me leaning this riskier way is the fact that Marshall forward can be swung in at any given time. Which means if the ruck needs to be traded then in all likelihood there may be a bottomed out forward premo you can move them to or even a mid priced forward who was missed which somewhat negates the risk
Yep, if you're running Marshall it is a handy risk mitigator. I tried to do the same with Ceglar last year but Ceglar didn't keep up his end of the bargain. Let's see if Marshall can be better (he should be!)

Yep, if you're running Marshall it is a handy risk mitigator. I tried to do the same with Ceglar last year but Ceglar didn't keep up his end of the bargain. Let's see if Marshall can be better (he should be!)
At least with Marshall, he still scores well playing second fiddle

Hately and Witts
Or
Perkins/250k rookie and Grundy

Currently have Hately and Witts but not sure I can take the risk of missing Grundy to start. In saying that, I also don’t want to miss Hately who could go 85-90
Personally I'd go Grundy option. It gives another captain option and he is coming off a 'bad' year, so won't get much cheaper IMO.

Stewart, Hayden Young and Hately

or

Docherty, Cummings and Cunnington

Hately and Witts
Or
Perkins/250k rookie and Grundy

Currently have Hately and Witts but not sure I can take the risk of missing Grundy to start. In saying that, I also don’t want to miss Hately who could go 85-90

Depends if you’re getting other captain options.
If so then go Hately option.

Stewart, Hayden Young and Hately

or

Docherty, Cummings and Cunnington

Former.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wheres the ROB love???

Prediction on following sets of players, both i added up to prediction : 440pnts

Rozee - 75pnts
Pruess - 75pnts
Stewart - 90pnts
Serong - 90pnts
Gaff - 105pnts

VS

Mcdonald- 90pnts
Treloar - 105pnts
Obrien - 105pnts
Rowe/Robertson 60pnts
Sloane - 80pnts

Both 440 it seems, what seems the best combo and/or over/under prediction on some players?

Prediction on following sets of players, both i added up to prediction : 440pnts

Rozee - 75pnts
Pruess - 75pnts
Stewart - 90pnts
Serong - 90pnts
Gaff - 105pnts

VS

Mcdonald- 90pnts
Treloar - 105pnts
Obrien - 105pnts
Rowe/Robertson 60pnts
Sloane - 80pnts

Both 440 it seems, what seems the best combo and/or over/under prediction on some players?
Just add the costs up and there's your answer

They are the same or within 10k of each other realistically - 2 options for the team if I want to run with 2 big dogs in the ruck essentially.
I like option 1 better.
I can't see Rowe averaging 60, maybe 50 if he gets a goal a game and 5 or 6 kicks, McDonald is all duck no dinner. Treloar is a bit of a mystery, and Sloane is likely to be injured half the season.

Stewart, Gaff, Serong and Preuss are all very safe for position and score.

Rozee - 75pnts
Pruess - 75pnts
Stewart - 90pnts
Serong - 90pnts
Gaff - 105pnts

VS

Mcdonald- 90pnts
Treloar - 105pnts
Obrien - 105pnts
Rowe/Robertson 60pnts
Sloane - 80pnts

Personally think option 1 is best. I have Rozee pushing 80 and Serong pushing 95-100

I like option 1 better.
I can't see Rowe averaging 60, maybe 50 if he gets a goal a game and 5 or 6 kicks, McDonald is all duck no dinner. Treloar is a bit of a mystery, and Sloane is likely to be injured half the season.

Stewart, Gaff, Serong and Preuss are all very safe for position and score.
I appreciate feedback - i prefer 1 as well, an exercise to get 2 big dogs in ruck is a sacrifice all over the ground.

Personally think option 1 is best. I have Rozee pushing 80 and Serong pushing 95-100
I tried to go a little conservative, but I am hopeful on Rozee and Serong so wasn't happy about losing them for this exercise and I think like Thetrader15 pointed out the Rowe 60 expectation was a little high too. Probably closer to 45-50.

Love him, but he's not going to be Gawn and Grundy level
I agree he probably wont be Grundy level but the way he finished the year, last 5 average of 117 vs 104 Grundy if he starts the same way could be a great POD (and on bar with Grundy, Gawn is next level). I have him in the team over Grundy at this stage as I needed the cash elsewhere and not unhappy with him either.

I agree he probably wont be Grundy level but the way he finished the year, last 5 average of 117 vs 104 Grundy if he starts the same way could be a great POD (and on bar with Grundy, Gawn is next level). I have him in the team over Grundy at this stage as I needed the cash elsewhere and not unhappy with him either.
agree - all I will add is ROB had a great year in 2020, Grundy had a terrible one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back