Opinion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips v Butters?

im going Phillips safe 90

Butters/Rozee are both in the once they get midfield time I'm excited camp

Thanks

I'm thinking of downing Marshall to Phillips and upping Preuss to OMac. Something about Pruess really scares me. And if Marshall plays most of the game fwd, he's not worth the price tag

Note: this actually for DT not Fantasy

Thanks

I'm thinking of downing Marshall to Phillips and upping Preuss to OMac. Something about Pruess really scares me. And if Marshall plays most of the game fwd, he's not worth the price tag

Marshall only has 3 points difference with and without Ryder

Preuss is keeping me up at the moment actually

Something screems trap

Witherden v Docherty.
Wait for preseason for me

Witho gets a clearly defined role he'll go 100 plus, Doc won't be needed in midfield and with Newman and Saad back there someone has to drop points

Marshall only has 3 points difference with and without Ryder

Yeah it doesn't really make sense. Did they split ruck/fwd 50/50?

Wait for preseason for me

Witho gets a clearly defined role he'll go 100 plus, Doc won't be needed in midfield and with Newman and Saad back there someone has to drop points

Doc has always done his monster scoring off half back doe

Yeah it doesn't really make sense. Did they split ruck/fwd 50/50?
I think because he barely needs the bench be plays so well. Can kick goals and ruck, plus Ryder looked gassed at times last year

Just think if Ryder goes down his scoring goes up

Carlton are playing a more direct gamestyle though. When Doch had his monster years we were playing defensive unde Bolton to avoid getting blown out. Lots of chipping and switching. Now we are playing more direct in win-now mode. Less mark-kick defense. I had Doch all season but am thinking of changing it up now.

Carlton are playing a more direct gamestyle though. When Doch had his monster years we were playing defensive unde Bolton to avoid getting blown out. Lots of chipping and switching. Now we are playing more direct in win-now mode. Less mark-kick defense. I had Doch all season but am thinking of changing it up now.

He's not in my team at the moment. Gone Williams and he's 50k cheaper. Keeping an eye on Witho too

Add in Newman and Saad someone has to miss out

He did in one of his good seasons push higher up the ground but maybe a mid is a stretch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add in Newman and Saad someone has to miss out

He did in one of his good seasons push higher up the ground but maybe a mid is a stretch

I can't squeeze him in at the moment.

Very true.
If you've seen the way Saad plays (which most of us have) any ball in the backline is gonna be OUT OF THERE in no time. If any other defenders want a kick, they'll need dibs on the kick ins.
Carlton paid overs for Saad in my opinion and you don't pay overs to not utilise his strengths.
Run and carry doesn't go with "chip it around"
If the faster ball movement can gel with the mids there should be supply up forward for ummm...
Fev?

Very true.
If you've seen the way Saad plays (which most of us have) any ball in the backline is gonna be OUT OF THERE in no time. If any other defenders want a kick, they'll need dibs on the kick ins.
Carlton paid overs for Saad in my opinion and you don't pay overs to not utilise his strengths.
Run and carry doesn't go with "chip it around"
If the faster ball movement can gel with the mids there should be supply up forward for ummm...
Fev?
We've got a 205cm, agile, fast key forward with sticky hands in Harry McKay that you might want to get to know.

Also Crippa the other day said Charlie should be back for a portion of the season.

We've got a 205cm, agile, fast key forward with sticky hands in Harry McKay that you might want to get to know.

Also Crippa the other day said Charlie should be back for a portion of the season.
Only said in gest.
Being an eagles fan, I certainly remember one of Harry's first few games against us where he marked well, kicked goals from the pockets and made our defenders look silly (bit like Sicily did in his first)
Think McKay kicked 4 at least that day.
All reports are, he's having a great pre season too.

Thanks

Not really true...

His games last year when playing fwd (unadjusted score)
77, 67, 95, 83, 82, 84, 79, 90, 82, 52, 89, 64
Avg (adjusted) 98.33

I'm far more worried about Phillips.
Look at Scully and Smith's scores from last year, not exactly setting the world on fire!!

Yes Hendersen did well a few years back but he was a much better kick than Phillips so got so many handball receives on the HFF!

Unsure if this will get any traction but whatever.

I run a fairly complex keeper league with friends (16 teams, 5-1-6-5 field with emergencies on each line and loopholing). You can keep up to 8 players year on year, using a draft pick X-2 the round you picked them up the year before. You can keep a player up to 3 times (four years of ownership) before you have to let them go back into the draft pool.

So Brodie Grundy types pick 1 can't be kept for next year. Someone drafted in Round 10 can be kept for Round 8 next year. If you have two players you can keep for an 8th rounder, you use your 7th rounder on the second player etc...

My locked keepers are

BACK
Caleb Daniel (5th Rnd)
Zac Williams (10th)
Jordan Dawson (24th)

MID
Matt Rowell (4th)

RUCK
Paddy Ryder (8th)

Have four more options for the three remaining spots. How would you rate the following players (standard AF scoring)

Damon Greaves BACK (26th Rounder, can keep for 2021, 22, 23)
James Rowbottom MID (22nd Rounder, can keep 2021, 22)
Zac Bailey C/F (24th Rounder, can keep 21, 22, 23)
Gryan Miers FWD (20th Rounder, can keep 21, 22)

The rounds are fairly insignificant that late, but obv can keep Greaves and Bailey for 3 years rather than 2 for Rowbottom and Miers, but my team is already fairly backline heavy. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the above four players.

Any help appreciated, cheers

Unsure if this will get any traction but whatever.

I run a fairly complex keeper league with friends (16 teams, 5-1-6-5 field with emergencies on each line and loopholing). You can keep up to 8 players year on year, using a draft pick X-2 the round you picked them up the year before. You can keep a player up to 3 times (four years of ownership) before you have to let them go back into the draft pool.

So Brodie Grundy types pick 1 can't be kept for next year. Someone drafted in Round 10 can be kept for Round 8 next year. If you have two players you can keep for an 8th rounder, you use your 7th rounder on the second player etc...

My locked keepers are

BACK
Caleb Daniel (5th Rnd)
Zac Williams (10th)
Jordan Dawson (24th)

MID
Matt Rowell (4th)

RUCK
Paddy Ryder (8th)

Have four more options for the three remaining spots. How would you rate the following players (standard AF scoring)

Damon Greaves BACK (26th Rounder, can keep for 2021, 22, 23)
James Rowbottom MID (22nd Rounder, can keep 2021, 22)
Zac Bailey C/F (24th Rounder, can keep 21, 22, 23)
Gryan Miers FWD (20th Rounder, can keep 21, 22)

The rounds are fairly insignificant that late, but obv can keep Greaves and Bailey for 3 years rather than 2 for Rowbottom and Miers, but my team is already fairly backline heavy. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the above four players.

Any help appreciated, cheers
Greaves + Bailey almost certainly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back