Trades 2021 Round 8 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right in the fact that it's safer to field a Harmes type over the poor selection of rookies we seem to have. Cash gen is going to be interesting this year that's for sure
That's where I'm hoping my guns and rookies approach will help. Coz it sure as sh1t hasn't yet!

You're right in the fact that it's safer to field a Harmes type over the poor selection of rookies we seem to have. Cash gen is going to be interesting this year that's for sure
Which is why I’m currently chasing a few of these mid pricer types and trying to limit on ground rookies. Atm only feel safe with Warner, Powell, Jordon and Bergman. Idun is ok but we’ve seen 30’s already

That's where I think I'm going to come unstuck in the next few weeks.
Trying to upgrade midpricers (now down to 3) but stuck with average scorers in Kosi, Dev and Farrar onfield :drunk:
Mid pricers are better than rookies. Get all your rookies off ground first imo, unless the mid pricer has a huge BE. Better to have a mid pricer than a rookie come round 23 if that’s what it comes down too due to lack of cash gen

Mid pricers are better than rookies. Get all your rookies off ground first imo, unless the mid pricer has a huge BE. Better to have a mid pricer than a rookie come round 23 if that’s what it comes down too due to lack of cash gen

My mood changes on this weekly.

On one hand a midpricer is better than a rookie on field.. but then if your mid pricer only averaging 70 odd anyway... then they may aswell be a rookie and use that cash elsewhere?

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to start prioritising that strategy.
Premos are nice but rooks with 30's are coach killers..

Trade likely red dot Flynn who still has money to make.
Or trade likely green dot Errol, who is starting to drop in price?

I would usually be tempted to trade the bloke that has maxed in price but I actually think Errol will go pretty well back at the MCG where he played probably his best game of the year so far. The Dees aren’t exactly a tight checking team and that’s been working well for them so I don’t think they’ll start playing man on man or denying space all of a sudden. Bodes well for Errol. He’s probably getting one more game for me so long as he’s named

I would usually be tempted to trade the bloke that has maxed in price but I actually think Errol will go pretty well back at the MCG where he played probably his best game of the year so far. The Dees aren’t exactly a tight checking team and that’s been working well for them so I don’t think they’ll start playing man on man or denying space all of a sudden. Bodes well for Errol. He’s probably getting one more game for me so long as he’s named

Cheers mate. Leaning the same way. Usually I’d be all about the cash generation, however might have to cop a bit of a price drop this week. (Also means I don’t have to play a Scott type).

Getting jelly next week and Ridley week after.
Even after 2 red dots being traded this week, only have 2 bench players playing. Gonna be a struggle to get jelly and Ridley in the next 2 weeks over fixing my bench BUT too under priced to ignore.

My mood changes on this weekly.

On one hand a midpricer is better than a rookie on field.. but then if your mid pricer only averaging 70 odd anyway... then they may aswell be a rookie and use that cash elsewhere?
If it’s Someone like Fantasia, than yeah, in that instance he goes before say the Jordon, Warner types. Anything say 75+ though, I’d hold that mid priced, purely because they’re less likely to score you 30’s and they’re very likely best 22 in their side

I have Errol out - but I don't think Campbell will get named - so Errol will survive another week is my prediction....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I will say is this. The more premiums, genuine premiums, you have in your team the better. Midpricers tend to just equal more wasted trades as you are going to want them gone anyway, unless you can nail the 1 in 10 or so that actually fire.

Scores of 30 on field suck, yes, but a guy like Fantasia, who you'd consider a mid pricer, dished up a 34 last week.

In the last 4 weeks I've had a 34, 38, 30, 38, 44, 21, 29, 27, 20 on my field.
Shocking, shocking scores, that make me want to pull my hair out, and they've mostly come from my rookies.

Yet somehow I've found myself ranked 249th.

I've got no idea how, but I think it's likely due to avoiding guys like Jiath, Sholl, Tex, etc who yes, haven't exactly been terrible, and in fact have been alright, but are still capable of dishing up dud scores, and who you're still going to need to get rid of.

The rookies are just as capable of 80s, 90s, tons, and always end up making more money.

I'm no expert, just my 2c.

But yeah, the best strat always seems to be getting in fresh, cheap rookies, and going after a reliable premo or fallen premo with the rest of the coin.

FWIW, I'm bringing in Hall this week.

Can any Collingwood supporters comment on Nathan Murphy's job security?

Looking at trading him in over RCD this round as I badly need a defender rookie.

If it’s Someone like Fantasia, than yeah, in that instance he goes before say the Jordon, Warner types. Anything say 75+ though, I’d hold that mid priced, purely because they’re less likely to score you 30’s and they’re very likely best 22 in their side
Would you ditch Fantasia before Nik Cox ?

My options depend on the teams announced in a couple of hours (Essendon fans think Cox might be rested) but its either going to be
Out: Berry, Fantasia
In: RCD, Hall

Out: Flynn (R3), Cox
In: Bryan, Hall

I have Errol out - but I don't think Campbell will get named - so Errol will survive another week is my prediction....

Might end up being a blessing in disguise; I can honestly see Errol going around 80 or so this week which would be a very handy final game in our sides (dare I say ‘swan song’? :$) and also would mean he wouldn’t lose any cash

Agree....
but if someone like Sholl dishes up another 60 this week... I'll be very tempted to noose him. Too much cash for that output when I can drop only $50k on his head and he's Ridley... the picture of consistency. Probably a 30points per game improvement for only $50-70k.

Agree....
but if someone like Sholl dishes up another 60 this week... I'll be very tempted to noose him. Too much cash for that output when I can drop only $50k on his head and he's Ridley... the picture of consistency. Probably a 30points per game improvement for only $50-70k.
I’m eyeing that possibility very soon. Markov and Daniel too if Daniel can back it up

Agree....
That's my plan with Markov. Either next week or the week after.

Agree....
Well that too is why mid pricers are good, as they’re easy trades to fallen premiums, 50-100k. You don’t get many rookies you can do that too

Can any Collingwood supporters comment on Nathan Murphy's job security?

Looking at trading him in over RCD this round as I badly need a defender rookie.
I was considering Harry Edwards from WCE. Key defender, but a tall unit. Might pinch hit in the ruck with Vardy out. Not sure on JS though? How’d he go last week? Lots of injuries at WCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back