List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings should be a better player than he is. I think he’s fairly similar to Shaun Higgins at the Bulldogs - in fact statistically almost identical even in contested possessions - he should move somewhere that needs him to be a midfielder and leader.

He should better than a half forward flanker.
I agree. I rate Billings as a very similar player to Aliir Aliir ... in relation to their situation. Both were/are sort of OK playing for their original club, with some good & some average. When played correctly to his strengths, AA has rapidly become one of the 4 best elite defenders in the AFL. IMO Billing will never reach his potential at ST Kilda the way he is being played. He would be exponentially better at Port in our system, IMO.

Hayes isn't sticking around until Lycett retires
Trade Lycett. If GC need a ruck, then our 1st + Lycett is a good starting point for a trade with them (starting point, I know that wouldn't be enough). I want a Hayes / Ladhams combo up and going as soon as possible. Lycett isn't going to suddenly be beating Gawn, Nic Nat and Grundy next year. Odds are more likely another ruck or two will add themselves to the list of those that dominate him every time.

There is no way we trade Lycett. Not sure why people float this idea. I am telling you, it will not happen.
Of course we won't. Whilst our list management has been excellent at drafting and trading in players, moving non-fringe players on - either by trade or delisting as they reach the end of their careers - is not something the clubs done with any hardness. We can put up what we'd do though.

If Rockliff hadn't pulled the plug he'd be around next year most likely. Hartlett will only be out if he wants out. Doing something as hard nosed as trading Lycett is way beyond the clubs 'ruthlessness' in the AFL era. s**t, we'll probably still be stuck with Jonas as Captain Can't Drop next year, when he's behind McKenzie, Clurey and AA (and older than them all) as a KPD.

Of course we won't. Whilst our list management has been excellent at drafting and trading in players, moving non-fringe players on - either by trade or delisting as they reach the end of their careers - is not something the clubs done with any hardness. We can put up what we'd do though.

If Rockliff hadn't pulled the plug he'd be around next year most likely. Hartlett will only be out if he wants out. Doing something as hard nosed as trading Lycett is way beyond the clubs 'ruthlessness' in the AFL era. sh*t, we'll probably still be stuck with Jonas as Captain Can't Drop next year, when he's behind McKenzie, Clurey and AA (and older than them all) as a KPD.

How would trading out our #1 ruck and bringing in Hayes (who has never played a single AFL game) in as a replacement be considered "ruthless." ??

Forget it being ruthless, it would be idiotic! The odds are significantly against any team who does not have a solid, experienced #1 ruck in the finals.

If Rockliff hadn't pulled the plug he'd be around next year most likely. Hartlett will only be out if he wants out. Doing something as hard nosed as trading Lycett is way beyond the clubs 'ruthlessness' in the AFL era. sh*t, we'll probably still be stuck with Jonas as Captain Can't Drop next year, when he's behind McKenzie, Clurey and AA (and older than them all) as a KPD.
While I agree we haven't been good at selling high (ie Lobbe), it's a fine line between being ruthless at all costs and cutting older players at the right time. I think we've handled it pretty well recently and that's gone a long way to creating a strong culture so we haven't lost players we didn't want to move on, while also trading some quality mid-career players to ultimately improve our list, which was pretty ruthless.

With the Rocky example, we have kept older players for one final year, but they've become depth and not default best 22 - Ken has gotten better at that recently. Hoff last year and this year Harlett and Rocky before his injury rightly lost their best 22 spots, but weren't forced out and made the decisions to retire themselves (Hartlett's to come). They also had good seasons the year before, so it's not like we were carrying them to a milestone like Marc Murphy.

Crows' already s**t culture isn't going to be improved by forcing out 30 year old Lynch when he was in their best on the weekend.

Clurey is 100% a first 22 player for us. We just happen to have 4 first 22 key defenders.

and gcs would absolutely overpay to get quality ready made players in.

but they would be pushing for more than clurey and a second for luko. They don’t need more second round picks.

I’d be offering Marshall and a pick for Lukoscious.

If Luko really wants to go to that mob then he doesn't have the personality worth pursuing. Only duds getting offered overs and guys that want to cruise would join them. Exhibit A. Jackson Hately who has turned out to be a dud.
Broken culture and the worst list in the league by some margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Luko really wants to go to that mob then he doesn't have the personality worth pursuing. Only duds getting offered overs and guys that want to cruise would join them. Exhibit A. Jackson Hately who has turned out to be a dud.
Broken culture and the worst list in the league by some margin.
Yeah but what about

Menzel
Hampton
Gibbs
Rambling
Gore
Etc.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide can always offer more trade collateral and maybe even more coin. We offer a better environment and a realistic chance of being a premiership player before you turn 40.

We are not ruthless with players in the AFL era and treating players as well as we can is part of the culture that attracts new players. We have often let older players go for nothing to help them continue their careers- Ryder, Hombsch etc.

Hating on Marshall and wanting Luko just makes it even wierder.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m tired of being accused of hating Marshall. I don’t hate the guy. I just don’t think he delivers enough, and I don’t think continued investment in him will reap rewards. I’d definitely be putting him up for trade but only in exchange for a tall with key position attributes, such as CCJ.

I’m tired of being accused of hating Marshall. I don’t hate the guy. I just don’t think he delivers enough, and I don’t think continued investment in him will reap rewards. I’d definitely be putting him up for trade but only in exchange for a tall with key position attributes, such as CCJ.
Terrible idea.

i think you are being sucked in buy the other guys around him, they are making him look good but if he was at GC you wouldnt touch him with a barge pole
Narkle creates things of his own accord. He’s always creating space for himself and rarely wastes the ball. I think if he were at the Gold Coast he would regularly be in their top 5-6 players.

Horrible list management smacking of grass is greener syndrome.

Another thing to consider in all of this is how we function pre / post Charlie.

Hartlett will be gone. Jonas shouldn’t be in the side this weekend, so I agree with you there.

Who does he play on for the dogs ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hartlett will be gone. Jonas shouldn’t be in the side this weekend, so I agree with you there.

Who does he play on for the dogs ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i agree re Jonas. If there is not a Match up he should Not play. that is not how Ken operates.

I like Jonas as captain and he is a great leader. But I feel as next year he may not be a best 22 player he needs to give it up as Ken will NEVER drop the skipper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back