List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

i wish lol. I was thinking ladhams and our first for their early first and a pic upgrade somewhere later in the draft back to us

Ladhams and the Gold Coast.
Wonder how that would work out

I haven’t given up on Rankine as yet. I wouldn’t pay more than we think he’s worth but would still have him.

Wonder is Dawson from Sydney is gettable, we trade Ladhams and our 1st pick (around 15) for him and Stephens (some late picks back our way to get points for burgoyne F/S). If the draft isnt highly rated could good option for team to compete next year while also getting long term players in.

If we have the cap to pay for a player, why not offer a little overs to get Dawson.

Wonder is Dawson from Sydney is gettable, we trade Ladhams and our 1st pick (around 15) for him and Stephens (some late picks back our way to get points for burgoyne F/S). If the draft isnt highly rated could good option for team to compete next year while also getting long term players in.

If we have the cap to pay for a player, why not offer a little overs to get Dawson.

Ladhams goes top 30 in this draft. Either adding towards our future first or next year's draft should be the aim with him

If this draft is light on tall players, this is probably the chance to sell high with a contracted Ladhams who is in the 22 enough that we can negotiate as if he's a required players. Our recent history suggests we won't do that, and instead will keep him, then if his value plummets next year we'll just give him away.

If we trade Ladhams are we going to trade another half competent backup ruckman in? Because the idea of going into a season of nominal premiership contention with your #2 ruckman being a 0 gamer is kind of wild.
2 rucks. Someone with experience that can also play forward in the reserves and a new development prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From whats been said in the draft forums, this draft isnt rated that high, not high it KPPs. Our pick at the moment will move down after the 2 father/sons Daicos and Darcy as well. A chance to trade for a player we have a replacement in for potentially 2 young mids might be worth a shot.
I think Sydney would be stupid to do that trade even before talking about them sending late picks to us.

Wonder is Dawson from Sydney is gettable, we trade Ladhams and our 1st pick (around 15) for him and Stephens (some late picks back our way to get points for burgoyne F/S).
Sydney wouldn't do that trade in a million years.

Dawson is a very, very good footballer, I'd happily swap Ladhams and #15 for him alone, before you start talking about Stephens and late pick swaps.

If we trade Ladhams are we going to trade another half competent backup ruckman in? Because the idea of going into a season of nominal premiership contention with your #2 ruckman being a 0 gamer is kind of wild.
The worry is that our list managers would conclude Lycett, Hayes and a string bean 18yr old rookie would be passable rather than there being much difficulty in trading for a back up ruck. Those types are always available.

It really depends on the delta between what you recieve for Ladhams and what you give up to trade in a list filler and draft an actual replacement. Salary cap wise probably not all that different in 2022 so we’d want a good return of draft picks.

Mason Cox wouldn’t be the worst fit for our list as a back up in a few positions. Dixon-lite when he plays forward and capable of holding down the ruck if Lycett and Hayes are unavailable at the same time.

Getting rid of Ladhams will bite us on the arse.
I probably wouldn't trade Ladhams as much as I bitch about him purely because I like having three rucks on the list, however he's not gonna bite us on the ass if we do he's completely average.

I remember last year we had interest in Daniel Rioli. Still an option?

All this talk of trading Ladhams and we’re underrating him quite a bit. How much would you pay for Sean Darcy right now?

He, Weitering and Naughton are the three best young KPPs in the game, they are minimum top 5 pick trades.

Well Ladhams, with 40 games less experience, beat Darcy and Lobb one-on-two, hands down. He is worth more than a pick upgrade.

All this talk of trading Ladhams and we’re underrating him quite a bit. How much would you pay for Sean Darcy right now?

He, Weitering and Naughton are the three best young KPPs in the game, they are minimum top 5 pick trades.

Well Ladhams, with 40 games less experience, beat Darcy and Lobb one-on-two, hands down. He is worth more than a pick upgrade.
Agree would want to be a very good deal.

Crows have ample cap room. They'll make a big play for Dunstan
He was literally ready to come to the crows last year before they pulled out last minute and wouldn't return his call. If port are interested, I'd bet he chooses us rather than the crows given the burnt bridge

He was literally ready to come to the crows last year before they pulled out last minute and wouldn't return his call. If port are interested, I'd bet he chooses us rather than the crows given the burnt bridge
If it's between being best 22 with better pay or a fringe player on lesser pay I think you'd find he can learn to forgive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back