List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting.

He's the most logical, and conservative pick, but possibly not the most aggressive.

Who do you think we'll take?
I thinks he lacks polish for a top 10 pick. He's definitely the type of player that would make our list stronger but just feel he's not the one we'd choose.

I can't see us taking both Amiss and Andrew either, as much as I'd love that, but see us picking Andrew and looking at a Hobbs or Johnson.

I thinks he lacks polish for a top 10 pick. He's definitely the type of player that would make our list stronger but just feel he's not the one we'd choose.

I can't see us taking both Amiss and Andrew either, as much as I'd love that, but see us picking Andrew and looking at a Hobbs or Johnson.
Agreed - I reckon we will go with Johnson, clean and his kicking is better than Erasmus.
Really hoping we get both Johnson and Milera Wanganeen early, but absolutely want JVR - we will regret it if we don’t grab him.
Reckon we could downgrade pick 6 to boost picks to get another pick in the teens and another in the 20’s.
Pick 8 - Milera Wanganeen or Draper
Pick 15ish - Johnson or JVR
Pick 19 - Johnson or JVR
Pick in the 23-28 range - Williams or Bazzo

Eric Benning is the image of a young Paddy Ryder - if he slips past 40, with our culture building - he could be the best value pick up of the lot.
Liked his aggression and ability in every game I have seen.

Could Mac or Benning play as a key forward in a year or 2, in the event they were both good?
Ie could you play Darcy, Mac and Benning in the same team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will any AFL team let him get on a lead 30m from goal?

Firstly the opposition having to cover him will be a nice change.

Plus he can take contested marks and knows when to lead ...big pluses.

The knock on how far he kicks it - at his size and to date the lack of being in a program...I'd be happy for him to be picked.

I’m tending to agree, in our drafting recently we have tried to up skill the kicking.

Bringing in Brodie as the bull inside. Really just compounds the kicking still requirements.

Kicking skills, fitness, etc needed to replace Cerra, and forward looking Mundy.

Johnson ticks the boxes over Erasmus.

Like Hobbs as well.. Vic Country too. Comparisons to Serong?

Callaghan goes well but he’s Vic Metro .

I’m in the camp of trading up for 2 & 13 from GWS in exchange for 6 & 8 (Plus whatever balances the ledger). Callaghan would be perfect for Freo. Could literally start round 1 on the wing and eventually move inside to replace Mundy over time. Pick 13 is also suitably placed to pick JVR. Dunno if it’s just me but the talent around 6 & 8 ain’t getting me excited.

i too am more and more liking Johnson with the more relevant videos I am seeing. He was also considered top 3 potentials earlier in the year I saw in the draft watcher threads by at least one. The only way he is rated 19th best currently is the same way Mundy was '19th best' in his year.

My gut says Johnson and JVR the lowest risk for quality outcomes

I’m tending to agree, in our drafting recently we have tried to up skill the kicking.

Bringing in Brodie as the bull inside. Really just compounds the kicking still requirements.

Kicking skills, fitness, etc needed to replace Cerra, and forward looking Mundy.

Johnson ticks the boxes over Erasmus.

Like Hobbs as well.. Vic Country too. Comparisons to Serong?

Callaghan goes well but he’s Vic Metro .

Belly to Walls, “put a line through anyone from Vic Metro, ........ f...ing soft in the head pansies !!!).

What have you been drinking ?? Have you seen Mac Andrews highlights ? miles off it ??????????? He has huge upside and already looks sharp, concise handling of the ball, marking is exceptional, ball use great, his rucking is already looking really good , Observing him against Aleer, in my opinion he looks a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly the opposition having to cover him will be a nice change.

Plus he can take contested marks and knows when to lead ...big pluses.

The knock on how far he kicks it - at his size and to date the lack of being in a program...I'd be happy for him to be picked.
The more I look at what he brings, the more I like him over JVR for our early picks. His kicking penetration can be worked on. Strength/conditioning/technique etc. What he has naturally you can't really be taught or work on in the gym.

I’m in the camp of trading up for 2 & 13 from GWS in exchange for 6 & 8 (Plus whatever balances the ledger). Callaghan would be perfect for Freo. Could literally start round 1 on the wing and eventually move inside to replace Mundy over time. Pick 13 is also suitably placed to pick JVR. Dunno if it’s just me but the talent around 6 & 8 ain’t getting me excited.

Not sure GWS would do that ….Finn or Mac - they’re guaranteed to get their man.

6 & 8 .you‘re at the mercy of the draft and they don’t have the holes we do.

i too am more and more liking Johnson with the more relevant videos I am seeing. He was also considered top 3 potentials earlier in the year I saw in the draft watcher threads by at least one. The only way he is rated 19th best currently is the same way Mundy was '19th best' in his year.

My gut says Johnson and JVR the lowest risk for quality outcomes

No way Johnson last past WC pick at 12. He’s exactly what they need. Give that I suspect they would happily take JVR. I’d take them at 6 and 8 and best available at 19(21) unless a great trade is offered and we can still get the player we want.

No way Johnson last past WC pick at 12. He’s exactly what they need. Give that I suspect they would happily take JVR. I’d take them at 6 and 8 and best available at 19(21) unless a great trade is offered and we can still get the player we want.

Picking to simply * up West Coast …..nope can’t fault it:D

I'd be very surprised if Johnson goes before Erasmus.

I still think Erasmus, then the best tall forward, then trade 19 and downgrade to a pick in the high 20's and take Motlop, get Cripps or Polson at 61 and Benning later. Job done. Johnson will be good but Erasmus will be better imo.

I'd be very surprised if Johnson goes before Erasmus.

I still think Erasmus, then the best tall forward, then trade 19 and downgrade to a pick in the high 20's and take Motlop, get Cripps or Polson at 61 and Benning later. Job done. Johnson will be good but Erasmus will be better imo.
Having Polson and Benning developing at Peel😀
Develop our own.
Polson’s 20m time is unreal for a guy his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back