List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a few options there.
1 - I’d be avoiding all them and going Wanganeen. Silk and skill.
2 - if we want more inside Hobbs
3 - trade pick 10 to someone like Richmond for 17 and a 2nd rounder.

Would Brissie be interested too? Gibcus would suit them. Depending on how keen they are, they could give us a future first and their picks 14 and 18 in return for 8 and 19???

Hobbs threw shade at playing for us being an interstate team, please Freo don't make that same mistake again!
On the Draft Countdown he said he was particularly excited about playing for a couple of clubs and when they asked him to specify he mentioned Richmond first (understandable given he's a fan) and then Freo. So that didn't sound like throwing shade. Although it did kinda sound like he expected to be taken by Freo as the most likely.

Why worry about a second round pick in next seasons draft.
There is a coming year to be concerned about that.
Keep the 19 pick and draft for today, plenty of water to go under the bridge before 2022 draft.
Totally agree, we need to move beyond a team that marks its highlight as the free agency and draft period. After this draft we will have had a number of years to get the drafting right, now it is about getting them all onto the oval on a consistent basis and making players have to fight for a spot which will generate success.

With the amount of NGA talent in next years draft I doubt we will be wasting this years picks for next year. May hit next years draft with lower picks but more NGA choices.

With the amount of NGA talent in next years draft I doubt we will be wasting this years picks for next year. May hit next years draft with lower picks but more NGA choices.
Sounds like the good ones are inside the top 40. We will need to do it the old fashion way if we want them

I feel like at this point if we end up with anyone in our first two picks thats not Amiss, Johnson or Erasmus i will be pretty disappointed.

In saying that, in the moment i was pretty disappointed in us drafting Serong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like at this point if we end up with anyone in our first two picks thats not Amiss, Johnson or Erasmus i will be pretty disappointed.

In saying that, in the moment i was pretty disappointed in us drafting Serong.

There wasn't a loot of WA talent in the mix at the Sarong pick though. He was clearly best available. I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least 1 local with our first 2 picks especially if 2 or more are available. Word is that its very even after the top 4 or 5 picks so why look elsewhere when the West Aussies fit needs.

We also have the pick right after them, we absolutely dont want Tigers knowing who we want
Well I don't think they would grab a player to spite us if it isn't someone they want, but I should have specified who we'd take with our first pick. Given the distance to their next pick, it's much more incumbent on Richmond to keep who they want from us in the cone of silence.

If they really want hobbs, and think we’ll take him, they could offer a pick swap to move up one place, and throw in a second to sweeten it.
it’s all a question on who blinks, and who bluffs
It'd be like the witch test. If we take the offer then we didn't really want Hobbs that much so Tigers would think they shouldn't offer it, yet should we knock it back then they should have and likely double down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back