Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think so. The MRI would have confirmed the sprain which would usually take 1-2 weeks to heal which is why they are waiting the 10 days.
Correct, the MRI would have confirmed the extent of the injury. They’ll determine over the next 10 or so days (including weekends, public holidays and stamp duty) how they treat the injury.

Having done 3 ACL injuries myself in my youf - none required surgery, all were small grade tears that healed within the month and I was banging goals from all directions into the wind, with the wind, whilst breaking wind, you name it, like the bloody legend that I was.

But I’m superhuman with boyish good looks and I sometimes leap very small buildings (like a bout an inch maybe 2 inches high) with a single bound and wth the use of a trampoline and no cape - but that’s me.

Special Note: I can sometimes do it without the use of a trampoline but I need someone to give me a lift - I can perform feat for a small fee on special occasions, bookings essential.

Face Egg GIF by The nutrition guru

Well didnt take long and not for the first time mitch just went all in with me wide open. Jeka trained forward. Kicked a couple of goals early. One a joe the goose and the second a contested mark against Scrimshaw. However after the first 5 minutes hardly sighted and his intensity just dropped off especially his second and defensive efforts

Ward played the first qtr and a half and dominated. Along side worpel and Finn. Ward then ran laps. While he was there the flow of the game was controlled by him.

Impey is back was best on ground and with Cj they made the intra really exciting.

Worps was excellent. Kicked a couple goals and was quite effective clearances tackling shepherding blocking. He has had an excellent consistent pre season.

Kosi was really good especially in the 2nd where he took a couple of really good marks on the lead converted one and created two others through a chase down on impey one of the few times he was caught.

Maginness was heavily involved early with Ward and worpel and kicked a fantastic goal on the run. His field kicking has also improved has been working hard on it. He then swapped jumpers to tag Amon who was having a good game. All part of Finns growth this summer. He is looking good. Morrison and Dimma the best field kicks out there.

All the ruckman got a go in the middle but meek and reeves did the majority with ramsden and lynch chopping out. Ramma knows how to ruck. He will be player in a pre season or two.
Love hearing that Finn’s kicking has improved. Can never fault this guy’s endeavour

Correct, the MRI would have confirmed the extent of the injury. They’ll determine over the next 10 or so days (including weekends, public holidays and stamp duty) how they treat the injury.

Having done 3 ACL injuries myself in my youf - none required surgery, all were small grade tears that healed within the month and I was banging goals from all directions into the wind, with the wind, whilst breaking wind, you name it, like the bloody legend that I was.

But I’m superhuman with boyish good looks and I sometimes leap very small buildings (like a bout an inch maybe 2 inches high) with a single bound and wth the use of a trampoline and no cape - but that’s me.

Special Note: I can sometimes do it without the use of a trampoline but I need someone to give me a lift - I can perform feat for a small fee on special occasions, bookings essential.
TL;DR

;)

Wow didn’t see that coming. Gotta say, Jeka training and playing forward today has me a bit worried about Lewis tbh. Seems unlikely they’d completely change tact with Jeka if Lewis was only missing one or two games.
Lol at all the posters mocking suggestions that Jeka could be played as a forward AFTER the Lewis news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at all the posters mocking suggestions that Jeka could be played as a forward AFTER the Lewis news.
That was before the news / rumours filtering through that Lewis might miss a lot more games and maybe even the season. That changes things. If lewis was only going to miss a couple of games then it was not going to be worth it given he had trained all pre season long

Might be way out of the box, but I am thinking that unless Jeka can find the urgency and consistency, I would leave him back and give Frosty a shot up forward. At least you know he will give it everything he has got.

Might be way out of the box, but I am thinking that unless Jeka can find the urgency and consistency, I would leave him back and give Frosty a shot up forward. At least you know he will give it everything he has got.
I would rather frost play there as well but if lewis is not returning then we need to try others as they will have enough time to make the position their own. If lewis is going to return then its not worth it. We will know in a 8 to 10 days

Frost to the forward line is a desperate measure and even if it was somewhat of a success it is not a long-term option. There's no point. We might as well give Kosi, Jeka and Serong a go.
Kosi is already there.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Sicily playing CHF, as he started his career as a forward, now a better player, stronger, more mature, better game sense and would have learnt some tricks playing on the best forwards over the last couple of years.
I believe we have enough quality to cover him in the backline and are crying out for a quality forward
It worked for Pavlich and Chris Grant, both were champion backs before becoming champion forwards.

DGB is the other I wouldn’t mind being trialled up forward, has a great leap / grab, size, strength, determination, played forward as a youngster, now a couple years in the system and like Sicily would also have learnt some tricks having played on some of the leagues best forwards.

Nothing to lose in this development year.

Hey guys ! just popping in to see how young Meek is settling in ? I trust he's been training well.
I think I can speak on behalf of most people who have been able to get to training that he has impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back